Pastajensen

WIP: Pizza place

Looking very good! I like that you have a painter at the top floor. Perhaps he is making a painting of a live model?

Edited by LegoJalex

Personally, I'd make an effort to include a staircase between the two top floors as well, as I feel any modular should have them. That said, you're on your way to a very nice building.

I didn't spot the half-stud offset on the windows and door on the ground floor until now, that's nice.

There will be some sort of a stair case. I constantly plan and re-plan how to do this :laugh:

Looking very good! I like that you have a painter at the top floor. Perhaps he is making a painting of a live model?

Hmm a "akt-modell" maybe?

We all love pizza don´t we? Especially the Italian ones!

So finally an update, did not have time to do much lately due to nice weather and (ugh) work :hmpf_bad:

I guess this tread should have been called a WIP? anyways got around to start the dining part of the pizza place experimenting with the tiles I have available, will have 2 tables one 4X7 and one 4x4.

A bit more is done on the roof and balcony although not that much, I have a hatch but haven´t figured out a good solution yet.

7374846874_998b9621d7_z.jpg

Pizza place 8 by pastajensen, on Flickr

7374847340_1644ef4483_z.jpg

Pizza place 9 by pastajensen, on Flickr

7189605873_02a731cbd1_z.jpg

Pizza place 10 by pastajensen, on Flickr

What did you use to make the initial images of the building? It looks like you used some computer program. I've never done this before so any info would help.

Thanks

So finally I got my self togheter and finished this MOC, now my lego citycents can finally enjoy a fresh made pizza. I hope you enjoy the pictures Any constructive criticism is appreciated. I have a whole bunch of excuses why it took such a long time but none of them are any good :P I can try to get some better pictures later if it´s wished for.

The Ground floor, pretty much unchanged, added a flag outside should show a pizza or something.

8502280447_ca478929c7_z.jpg

Pizza Place 11 by pastajensen, on Flickr

The restaurang, some guest mostly drinking or busy writing a blog.

8502279453_c763565600_z.jpg

Pizza Place 12 by pastajensen, on Flickr

The "Studio" a cheap rent only access is the trap door going down to the restaurang, the renter found a model to paint. Food is cooked in the open flame stove.

8503386370_1b35d9e38a_z.jpg

Pizza Place 13 by pastajensen, on Flickr

The whole house, note that the paint job is not finished.

8502279853_a4f84c4194_z.jpg

Pizza Place 14 by pastajensen, on Flickr

Thank you, there will be other modulars, but as you can see it takes time :) Sharing time with kids, wife and work (and of course I have the official sets to build).

I´m also working on a "suspension bridge" using Lego technic but so far it´s only a proof of concept.

I like the way this turned out. It's a nice, clean design. The staircase leading up to the first floor looks good.

The one thing I think could be better is the solution for the top floor windows - they should be wider. It's too bad for a painter to be working in an apartment with windows that don't let in more light than that :) - plus, it's very rare to see a facade with such small windows for an apartment.

But well done on your first modular - I hope to see more from you!

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!

My idea was that it´s supposed to be "cheap" e.g. not the best conditions for an liveable apartment (but then again why a balcony).

I´m now thinking about a apartment block inspired by the pet shop modular (for some uniformity). But it´s still only in the idea phase, while I´m busy sorting my Lego (I so regret starting... :tongue: ).

It looks pretty nice!

As you said the paint job could be in need of some attention. And perhaps you want to make the street side of the ground floor a little bit more vivid / realistic. It's a little bit too plain now.

Others than that you have created a really good looking Modular with good proportions, new architectural ideas (the Mediterranean 1st floor) and a very nice and consistent interior!

Thanks, yea I´we been thinking on how to improve the walkway, ended up with the "boring" look as that´s was most walkways are? It also fit´s with the official modulars.

But I think I could/should improve part to the door, it´s a bit to plain. I finally start to get a overlook of my available parts :blush:

I meant the door and the front of the house (ground floor). A sidewalk is a boring sidewalk, you are right :classic:

Ah, ja. I guess we´re on the same page then :classic:. I think I will have a chance to improve it when I know what parts I actually have (and where).