ukdevilz

Black Seas Barracuda vs Skull's Eye Schooner

You must choose...  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Black Seas Barracuda
    • Skull's Eye Schooner

I always thought when I was a boy about the two pirate ships Skull's Eye Schooner and the Black Seas Barracuda. They are both large battleships or conveyed to be anyway. However if we but these ships on broadside, who would win? and why? And the outcome, losses/ship damage etc. Your comments please

SES win...is much better than BSB

Reasons:

-black and white sails are betterthan red and white sails fr a pirate ship. I think pirate ships musn't be as visible as BSB because then people can see them easily.

-mobile cannons

Then SES is less visible than BSB and its cannons are more useful because they are mobiles. SES win

Well, 4 rotating cannons always are better than 2 cannons so in a battle, if there would ever be one, the SES would have the benefit over the BSB. I however think this is quite irrelevant.

The BSB is the better and more realistic ship of the pair. It is nicely designed and the 4 cannons are "sliding" cannons which is how it supposed to be. Imagine the rotating cannons on a real pirate ship, never seen that in pictures, drawings, movies, etc. which makes it hard to believe that this mechanism was ever used.

The BSB also has the better colour scheme, I am prepared to live with the red and white sails which fit the ship rather well. Also, I happen to like the figurehead of the lady at the bow. Designwise, I consider the BSB far better than the SES. My collection however has 3x SES and only 2x BSB.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but if you would ask me, I would say the BSB is the most fancy pirate ship.

Independent from the funcionality aspects of both ships, (cannons, sails...) my opinion is just for the looks.

I don't have the SES. But I can say that when I first came out of my dark age (not long ago) the reason I started to love the pirate theme was the Black Sea Barracuda! I didn

I had this question awhile ago but I found an old poll with these and a few others, BSB won...

Anyway, Phes, Could you pease put a poll in ukdevilz's post, it would be of benefit to everyone. ;-)

I like the Black Seas Barracuda more. As a Pirate Ship, obviously the SES was better... but as a ship - period - the BSB was much better in my opinion. Better designed, better looking, and easily convertible to a merchant or Imperial ship.

My collection however has 3x SES and only 2x BSB.

Have to correct this already after getting another 6285 BSB off eBay today. The score is therefore settled at 3-3 which is more like it! X-D

I had this question awhile ago but I found an old poll with these and a few others, BSB won...

What's the link to that poll?

Anyway, Phes, Could you pease put a poll in ukdevilz's post, it would be of benefit to everyone. ;-)

Just maybe I could...

I voted Black Seas. Though I don't have SES, I think BSB looks more colorful and sorta realistic. I like it a bunch!

I prefer the Black Seas Barracuda.

Why? It is easy to convert from pirate ship to imperial guards. Just change the flag and the crew.

There is something wrong with the colors of the Skull's Eye Schooner.

I don't like the green.

I'm sure we've had this debate in another thread many moons ago.

Anyway... Skulls Eye Schooner takes my vote.

I wonder what your motivation is Mr. Phes.

Why do you prefer the Skulls Eye Schooner (you seem to be the only one)?

Because it has more cannons? I prefer BSB because the ship has a nice design and more traditional to the time of imperial fleets and expeditions of that era. Also I believe the BSB is sleeker and slightly smaller than the SES, hence the amount of cannons is irrelevant because the BSB has more agility. Also how would we know the gunners? If the gunners were well trained they could counter the numerical advantage that the SES has.

Because it has more cannons? I prefer BSB because the ship has a nice design and more traditional to the time of imperial fleets and expeditions of that era. Also I believe the BSB is sleeker and slightly smaller than the SES, hence the amount of cannons is irrelevant because the BSB has more agility. Also how would we know the gunners? If the gunners were well trained they could counter the numerical advantage that the SES has.

Don't they both have 4 guns?

But the guns of the SES are turnable (what I real don't like!!!).

The SES has more gunports (4 on each side).

The ships have the same amount of hull-mid-sections but the SES gives the impression to be to be a bit bigger.

i voted for the barracuda! and sad, phes is the only one who voted skull's eye schonner!

>:-( What's sad about that? At the time you posted the above I hadn't even officially voted yet...

There she be. :-)

Ah, very nice.

You're such a good little Oo7 X-D

i voted for the barracuda! and sad, phes is the only one who voted skull's eye schonner!
I prefer the Black Seas Barracuda.

Looks like the captain is alone on this one. X-O And what to you mean by Phes' "motivation" for boting for the SES?

I'm not voting in this poll or the other one, since I don't have any of those ships... :'-(

I think the Skulls Eye Schooner looks nicer and the colour scheme used for the Black Seas Barracuda is somewhat of a cliche as several toy pirate ship have also used the brown, red and yellow scheme. But what sways me from the Black Seas Barracuda are the sails - the thick red stripes look a bit dorky to me.

Anyway, I still have voted yet so someone else must have voted for the Skulls Eye Schooner...

i think it would be a close call between the two because the BSB seems to be built more solid than the SES while the SES has a broadside of 4 cannons. Yet i choose BSB because i like it better. First of all it's a classic. Yes it comes with red sails. I've always thought of that as a freshly stolen imperial guard ship and can be easily turned into the imperial guards ship if you want them to have a bigger ship. X-D

I voted for the BSB, It looks more realistic. Some people say the sails aren't good, and they also say the sails from the SES do, but a smart pirate doesn't mark his ship with a big skull. It's like shouting to a big royal navy battleship: "I'm a pirate hang me!!". While the BSB looks like a merchant ship from a distance, so they can surprise their enemy when they are close...

Apart from the sails I don't get how the Black Seas Barracuda looks anymore realistic. Explain that one to me!

The more successful pirates near not fear advertising the fact they're pirates because they can handle themselves against those dreadfully cumbersome battleships.

Or maybe is it that they want to cloack themselves as merchants, and not pirates to fool their prey.

The Skulls Eye Schooner has done a lot of catching up. At the time of writing it has 6 votes while the Black Seas Barracuda has 8, and bare in mind I still haven't casted my vote yet.