ukdevilz

Black Seas Barracuda vs Skull's Eye Schooner

You must choose...  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Black Seas Barracuda
    • Skull's Eye Schooner

For me this isn't even a contest. The BSB is far and away the best ship LEGO has ever produced. The SES may have more gunports but the aesthetic of the BSB is simply impossible to beat. Long before the ornate beauty of the Cafe Corner or Green Grocer, LEGO produced a wonderful ship that had a highly ornate aft castle and a colour scheme that would make any sailor proud. As an added bonus; the colour scheme is such that it can easily be converted to an Imperial scheme and you have a real winner. For me this is a situation where biggest isn't always the best.

BSB for life !!!

Edited by blueandwhite

I voted for SES. Although I think the name is wrong (I believe this is not a schooner, but a bark) and the BSB looks better. But I think the BSB looks too wealthy to be a pirates' ship. A smaller ship like 6268 would be great for pirates, a sneaky little vessel to surprise a merchant ship. But from these two, I think SES is the best overall. And in a battle, the SES has four guns a side against two for the BSB. But the rotating system is not really realistic. However, just looking at the pics, both ships are better than the new ship coming in 2009.

Edited by Richie

I voted for SES. Although I think the name is wrong (I believe this is not a schooner, but a bark) and the BSB looks better. But I think the BSB looks too wealthy to be a pirates' ship. A smaller ship like 6268 would be great for pirates, a sneaky little vessel to surprise a merchant ship. But from these two, I think SES is the best overall. And in a battle, the SES has four guns a side against two for the BSB. But the rotating system is not really realistic. However, just looking at the pics, both ships are better than the new ship coming in 2009.

I don't think LEGO had accuracy in mind when they designed the names for the ships. After all, the Crossbone Clipper is not a clipper at all. If I didn't know better, I would say megablocks produced that set.

How many times we got to vote this...the BSB ALWAYS WINS! Unless TLC releases something better or the SES lovers all open 2 or 3 spoofaccounts, the BSB will rule the seas forever!

Edited by zorro3999

One thing that I think needs to be pointed out is that the SES fall apart a lot more easily. Its increased fragility is caused by its unsteady stern castle and the "gun bathtub" midsection that lacks a deck. Even the SES cargo hatches (in the forecastle) are built far more weakly than the BSB's cargo hatches.

When these ships are fighting eachother the SES will win, because it has more firepower at each broadside.

The SES's 4 cannons easily fires the BSB to the bottom :pir-skull:

But the BSB is much more realistic, not only the colour sheme but also the small details and functions on it.

The looks of the BSB makes it so impressive, but in a battle the SES wins. That's why the SES gets my vote.

I really don't know. I have both of these ships but it's impossible for me to decide. The BSB does look more realistic but I still really like aspects of the SES. They are by far the two best ships.

Skulls Eye Schooner takes my vote :pir-wub: . I like the skull in the sail :jollyroger: . BSB is more realistic but we are talking about lego and lego is fantasy. We are not collecting ships models but toys :pir-wink:

Skull's Eye Schooner is a whole lot better, It has 4 portable cannons, a larger crew (I think?), anyway I think it is a whole lot better than BSB.

P.S I love BSB :pir-wub: .......a whole lot

Edited by Broadside

I think everyone is getting sidetracked from the actual point of this post. Yes, the Dark Shark 6285(im british so i use the uk name) is a overall better designed ship, but its not about which ship is the better model. Its about which ship would win if they had a battle. My vote would be the Black Skull 6286. Because a full broardside from 4 cannons would cause more destruction then 2. Plus if you count the little grey cannons on top of the cabin then thats five cannons on each side.

The poll question doesn't say anything about battle.

Besides, going by physical endurance, the BSB still wins--it is built more study than the SES. I've learned the hard way that the SES is rather fragile compared to the BES when you need to transport it. The sterncastle is delicate and the ship has a tendency to break in two at its midsection.

I voted on the Skull's eye Schooner, it has a broadside of 4 while the Black Seas Barracuda has only 2,

that means that the SES can fire 4 cannonballs at once while the BSB can only fire 2 (in one direction)

so the SES would damage the BSB more.

Furthermore, the SES is a Galleon so it would probably be faster than the BSB but that's just a detail.

though I like the BSB more, the Skull's Eye Schooner is the winner in a cannonbattle

Besides, going by physical endurance, the BSB still wins--it is built more study than the SES. I've learned the hard way that the SES is rather fragile compared to the BES when you need to transport it. The sterncastle is delicate and the ship has a tendency to break in two at its midsection.

you are right about the sterncastle but my SES never broke in two at its midsection, I think the amount of guns IN ONE DIRECTION is most important in a battle

Well I saw the Military Channel do this for ships so I'll do it for the SES and the BSB.

Black Seas Barracuda:

Firepower: 2

Appearance: 7/10

Speed: 6/10

Space: 6/10

Strength: 8/10

Popularity: 8/10

Overall: 70/100

Skulls Eye Schooner:

Firepower: 4

Appearance: 8/10

Speed: 7/10

Space: 5/10

Strength: 5/10

Popularity: 4/10

Overall: 60/100

Edited by Sir Wellington

Black Seas Barracuda:

Speed: 6/10

Skulls Eye Schooner:

Speed: 7/10

The SES is not faster. :pir-hmpf_bad: Doesent anyone know that?

But if we talk about a battle,...

The Romans would say; numbers don't always matter, it all depends on the strategy

Edited by Capt. Kirk

But if we talk about a battle,...

The Romans would say; numbers don't always matter, it all depends on the strategy

And that is EXCATLY what they would say.

i dont really know what to say because i dont have any lego pirate ships at all new or old :pir-cry_sad: but i have to vote for the bsb. :pir-skull:

I really do not know. I am so young that I missed out on the 1989 BSB and I grew up LUSTING for an SES but have so far not gotten one. I have however just bagged a BSB off ebay, and boy is she a beauty.

I did not realize the apparent strength and rigidity issues with the SES. The BSB is superbly designed and is very solid. The only fragile part is the rear window section.

I voted for the BSB because it is the only one I own. BUT, I still REALLY want a SES but do not want to fork out $200 CAN for it. For all of you who dislike the color scheme of the SES, I LOVE IT. I also really dig the huge skull sail = FANTASTIC.

Dan

Edmonton, Canada

Edited by Captain_Planet