ukdevilz

Black Seas Barracuda vs Skull's Eye Schooner

You must choose...  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Black Seas Barracuda
    • Skull's Eye Schooner

Black seas barracuda all the way, more cannons, bigger,m and I just have to... cooler *sweet* !

Aren't the SES and BSB about the same size?

I like both of the ships a lot (altough I don't own any :'-( ), but if I really have to choose, I'll go for the BSB. I remember staring at a pic of it in a catalog for hours, admiring it's beauty and wishing that I would get one someday.

Am I the only one who agrees with Mister Phes?

No. SES all the way (it seems I've voted already although I can't remember).

BSB looks "cute" with its color scheme and it makes a nice "toy boat", but as a pirate (or any sailing) ship the SES looks a lot better (and I know 'cos I happen to own one).

Havn't had any of them so I can't put up a fight, but If I was(When I do) buy one its SES first, BSB Second. The sheer massiveness, and it looks great!

If it's about which ship would win in a fight, I'd guess the SES. If it's about just being a pirate ship, I'd say it's even (the black/white sails might be less visible than red/white, but the giant pirate symbol across one of the sails is probably a pretty good tip off as to who controls the ship). For color scheme and set design, I'd definitely go with the BSB. Then there's also the nostalgia factor, which for me definitely favors the BSB. So I also voted for the BSB.

Edited by Paradosis

I agree with Mister Phes that the sails on the BSB look dorky. However, I think that the green elements and the big skull and Crossbones on the SES look dorkier. There's a reason i modified my own BSB with black sails *sweet*

I voted for the Barracuda, the one I own. It has sentimental value for me since I received it from my parents as a X-mas present.

Edited by Lord Beckett

I would Proberbly have to say BSB all the way because depending on the SES colour coordination and its doors dont work with a pirate ship.

Ive got to say that the doors on SES belong in towns, and who would have a Red, Brown, White and Black pirate ship may i ask?

I agree that the SES is Pumped full of weapondry and Charecther.

:)

I would say BSB is better since it can easily be transformed and it can be "Flying false colours" easily. *y*

But i would say the SES is more of a Priviteer ship sent out to sink enemy ships. :'-(

Over all I like the BSB more since ive wanted it for 5 years and i may be getting it soon! X-D

I was thinking the SES was cooler for a while... but now I'm not sure... I'm maybe going to Legoland, Billund soon and was thinking of buying pirate lego there, do you know if there is? And if I do, I would probably buy SES AND BSB... But maybe I will just buy one and then, which one is the better do you think? (By the way I'm 12 years old)

*sweet*

Sorry :[, but pirate lego has been discontinued from LEGO since 2002, I believe...Make your statement here:

Here!

:capn:

You can always try to find a copy on Bricklink.com and Ebay.com

Welcome to Eurobricks by the way!

Surely a Pirate King's vote should count for more? :-D

SES vs BSB? Hmm...I own the BSB (

Looks: The SES is meaner, longer

Despite the castles, the BSB and the SES have the same mid-section and composition of the front. I would say they are equal length, give or take studs.

I recently got my first BSB two months back I plan to get the SES, but since I've yet to I'm going with BSB.

There's a problem with this poll.

Voting between two pirate ships? This is like choosing between two devils...

I say let's vote between the Clipper and the Imperial Flagship, atleast those are crewed by civilized men and not some poxy, scurvy ridden, smelly scum! :-P

Despite the castles, the BSB and the SES have the same mid-section and composition of the front. I would say they are equal length, give or take studs.

I meant overall, not taking hull size into account; additionally, the narrower sails give it a longer, thinner look although it is the same width.

I'd vote the SES because:

It has 4 cannons and a monkey X-D, the lifeboat is easily accessed...Wait that'd mean the BSB is better because they're scaredy cats and need a lifebot.:-P

And it's not too visible on a foggy night.

It's the only one I've seen.My friend got it for free because he was supposed to build it for a school or something but he just kept it for himself.

Edited by Axle

My vote goes to BSB.

The Black seas Barracuda was the first pirate ship I ever got, so obviously it has a sentimental value for me as, I received it for my birthday.

The SES's colour scheme is, to me, horrible!! I am sorry to all you SES fans but I personally cannot stand the green, red and white colour scheme, and the rotating cannon mechanism is not all that realistic compared to the BSB's sliding mechanism. Also the BSB has more treasure so it gets my vote. It was a tight vote...

I meant overall, not taking hull size into account; additionally, the narrower sails give it a longer, thinner look although it is the same width.

Ah, okie then!

There's a problem with this poll.

Voting between two pirate ships? This is like choosing between two devils...

I say let's vote between the Clipper and the Imperial Flagship, atleast those are crewed by civilized men and not some poxy, scurvy ridden, smelly scum! :-P

I think there is :-P

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I saw it at the top of the page so I couldn't help.

I voted for the Skull's Eye Schooner. Besides the much-noted advantage in firepower on a broadside, I can't help believing that the lanteen on the quarterdeck would add a great deal to the ship's speed (especially while quartering, as it stays well out of the way of the square sails).

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I saw it at the top of the page so I couldn't help.

I voted for the Skull's Eye Schooner. Besides the much-noted advantage in firepower on a broadside, I can't help believing that the lanteen on the quarterdeck would add a great deal to the ship's speed (especially while quartering, as it stays well out of the way of the square sails).

Gotta say that I'm happy you revived it. It's a nice topic that needs to be continued.

Where's me Captain Kragg's Pirate Boat? I loved that 4+ Stuff! *sarcasm*

SES wins. It has an odd colour scheme, but for some reason I like it and it seems to be a nice "newer" pirate ship. With its much critiqued pirate sails, it looks very fierce. Plus, it's super practical. The ships are different:

BSB: Less Firepower, Slightly Stronger Hull

SES: More Firepower, Slightly Weaker

Don't ask me why, I've always viewed it this way.

Why all the arguments about visibility? The BSB could pass for an imperial ship, and when it gets close it would hoist its pirate flags. The SES on the other hand has a BIG skull and crossbones on their sails, they couldn't get close to a vessel without the targeted vessel having noted them as being pirates from miles away, thus being able to prepare for an attack, while the BSB could catch them by surprise. (and otherwise, there's still lot's of colour on the SES)

Secondly the BSB always has 2 cannons per side, while the SES may have to swivel them over to the other side.

But SES is probably faster with that extra sail, and once it has its cannons in position it has great firepower.

So its a close call, against eachother I think the SES would win, but against any other vessel the BSB would have the upperhand. +I like the design/colouring of the BSB better.

I finally got my first BSB, my childhood dream came true!

Now after building it's time to write something about it

I absolutely love that color scheme on it! Cabinet with it's windows looks so nice

Altough i'm a bit disappointed. I think lego could have used the space more efficiently

so 6 cannos would have fit, or then make something else from that space. Also

I think that ship definetely needs more details

Overall, I think BSB is much better than SES. WITH ALL RESPECT to SES lovers I think

the coloring of it is looks bad. Green flacs in pirate ship, camon! And those doors,

that's what i think makes SES like a toy ship. Doors look all too sweet for pirate ship, and they

belong to lego's city sets. And what's that steering wheel going through cabin's roof?

And that upper stand is way too smal for ship big as that. Only good thing in SES are those four cannons, they rock!

So, both BSB or SES is not exactly how I would like ship to look like, so I must create my own one :)

Edited by Antsa Antero