Hrw-Amen

Older than you are?

1968 here... :laugh: I inherited from my brothers 335 Transport Truck from 1967. I'd like to reassemble this but I think alot of parts are missing. Plus, several of the old doors and windows- like Window 1 x 6 x 2 with Shutters (part 646 on bricklink), and Red Technic, Gear Samsonite 42 Tooth (744 on bricklink).

I have no idea what sets those were in.

Am I too old to play with Lego :blush: ?

Only when you start having trouble seeing the small Lego pieces or reading the text on the boxes. :classic: I may have to switch to Duplo soon.

I have some minifigs that are older than me. I am just not allowed to say that stuff on here... :hmpf_bad:

I've got quite a few sets even assembled, which are older than me. The Town and Technic ones are in Set reviews. Since BB2011, where I got one set of each decade prior to 2000, I've got one small 1972 LEGOLAND set and the classic vintage Car from 1967.

329-1.jpg

This is the 329 set. I'm thinking about doing a review for this one, but don't know where to put it. Got it complete but for a hefty price at 27,50€, but was well worth it to get a Piece of History

dscn7199.jpg

Some years newer, the 609 aeroplane from early 70s, which i got in used almost complete condition for just 5€. Had to replace one missing part.

850-1-complete-1.jpg

This is my Technic Forklift from 1978, which I got without box off ebay for some 20€ years ago. Pieces in good condition and complete.

6627-in-scene.jpg

The Classic 6627 car, which featured an openable hood, but without engine (easily fixed adding 2 round grey 1x1 bricks

img_6553.jpg

Than this one the classic 6374 house from 1983. Was quite expensive at 70€, but NM, altough used. Only the instruction were a bit aged. This one is on display with it's box sitting below it, like I'm doing with every old set getting with Box.

img_0383.jpg

This one was a flea market find, which was complete missing 5 smaller pieces, which could be replaced with bricks from my collection, which even includes a blue era Train set (The 119 from 1969, but I don't have it assembled yet). This set was released in 1983

img_2170.jpg

Well this is just as old as me, since born in 1988. It's the great yellow Prop plane, which I got at BB2011 for a reasonable price, being sold at the Event at 50€, which was quite expensive for the age, but great condition. If this one would have been released today, it would cost the same.

6503.31.jpg

Lastly the classic city F1 car from 1988. It's as old as me, too and after some renovating remade to it's original appearance

Other oldies and my oldest parts are those old single-piece garages from 1962. And some old white pat-pend 2x8 plates, which are dating from about mid 60-ies, being an 80s-child.

And another classic, altough being 4 years younger than me is this one

img_2217.jpg

This one cost me a hefty 60€, for 234pcs (modern counting) being just 20 years old, but in good condition and complete -Leftover White 1x1 Brick Round.

This one was played by the daughter of the family living above me (9 years old). She ignored that 2009 or 2010 Farm Set, having lying around here for a 20 year old classic.

Their parents weren't at home one day, when she came back from school (She has Diabetes, and so has to go on a special school in munich) and so she waited for them at our flat, which is just below theirs and it's our house anyway. (2-storey for 2 families)

Set up the Farm set (the one with the Pigs) and directly next to it the old Paradisa Classic, and she headed for the 20 year old set. Then took my 6374 and played with her and the set, until their parents were back, since the family lives upstairs. And well she stayed about half an hour after their parents arrived, before going upstairs enjoying playing with those old sets. And this is the Truth!

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

I love old parts and I often buy them to use in MOCs. I don't know how many bricks are older then me, but I have quite a few that are from before 1982.

It's especially the small old windows and printed bricks. I wish they would make the 1x2, 2x1 and 2x3 windows again in the flat form the windows come in today.

AMEN to that!! I've been harping about the "lack of a complete LEGO window system" for years. Even had someone take the comments to BRICKWORLD a few years ago and mention it in front of the LEGO owner KKK and the LEGO president...

It's almost an embarrassment that the worlds leading building toy doesn't have a complete window system... like they did from 1956-80 (before the minifig scale was fully introduced)...

Check out this cool LEGO display model (Glued) castle of Germany's SCHLOSS JOHANNISBURG (in Aschaffenburg Bavaria)... windows arranged in many different combinations... back when there were 9 different windows that were compatible and interchangeable with each other... without using those stupid headlight bricks.... default_tong.gif

5470646553_e020302224_b.jpg

I have got some sets that were released in the year before I was born. These sets are 6305 Trees and Flowers, 7814 Crane Wagon (bought it used on eBay), 7850, 7851, 7854, 7855, 7858, and 7864. All of them were released in 1980. By the way, Trees and Flowers is the only set I obtained in the 1980s. Maybe I have multiple copies of it. I am not sure. I bought all the other sets on Bricklink and eBay.

According to Brickset, I haven't got any older sets. However, maybe I got some brick boxes that might have been released before the year of my birth when I was a child, but now I am just speculating.

My younger brother, who was born in the late 1980s, was highly interested in sets released before his birth, especially castle sets. He really adored some of them. I could absolutely understand him!

Man, I feel like an old fat reading most of these posts...all this 'born in the nineties' stuff. The oldest set I have is a Forestmen one, 1987... I was born in 1981. Where did I leave my teeth?....

Pfft. Dude, I was born in '69. Talk about feeling old! LOL Reading this thread is making me feel ANCIENT. :laugh: