Hinckley

Aqua Raiders Review set 7774: Crab Crusher

Hey everybody,

I want back to the TRU where I found 7772 Lobster Strike to get the Crab Crusher and there were only two left! The 7775 Base was completely sold out! This was on Wednesday...

So, here is my review of 7774 Crab Crusher along with the usual story from Bianca & Gavin.

Enjoy!

BrickZone.net

Review 7774 Crab Crusher

7774.jpg

Cool set. I want this set but don't have the money for it now. Maybe TRU will do a buy 2 get one free thnig this year, that would be nice.

Great review, the only thing is at the end when you have the "summary" it's hard to read. :)

Cool set. I want this set but don't have the money for it now. Maybe TRU will do a buy 2 get one free thnig this year, that would be nice.

Great review, the only thing is at the end when you have the "summary" it's hard to read. :)

Thank you!

To read the summary better, maximize the window so that the full picture fits, or click the box that has the eyes with the arrows pointing out...You can also right click the pic and save it to your computer and view it offline. IE forces .jps to fit inside the size of a new browser window by default...

Great review. *y*

I have this set and the lobster and snake sets as well on the way in the mail right now. I can't wait to get them. Maybe I will post a review for them.

It's always a pleasure to read your reviews! Skeletons armed with shotguns, viking boats, spontanious illogical engine regeneration, just too much! X-D

But I have two questions, you rated it 9/10 what drove you to taking off the a point? I see you left out mentioning the small probe bot thing, any reason?

It's always a pleasure to read your reviews! Skeletons armed with shotguns, viking boats, spontanious illogical engine regeneration, just too much! X-D

But I have two questions, you rated it 9/10 what drove you to taking off the a point? I see you left out mentioning the small probe bot thing, any reason?

Thanks for the compliments! X-D they make me happy.

I answer to your question, I forgot to take a picture of the probe bot thing. I thought I did take a picture and meant to mention it because it is weird, and perhaps that is why I deducted the point. Just kidding!

In all honesty It's an excellent set and deserves the high score, but I reserve the 10 for the truly special amazing sets... Crab Crusher gets the highest score I've given a set thus far. So I think of it as earning nine points and not losing one.

Thank you to everyone for the feedback. I appreciate it!

Nothing to add. Nice review, like you know doing them. I can't wait to be february to find this line in store... (hard to be european!)

As usual, a wonderful review from you, hinckley. Great pictures, and you sumarized everything well. And, love the story at the end. It really had me laughing. :-D

Can't wait to get this.... in 2007 |-/ (not that it's not out in my area, because it is, but because I am totally broke and I need the rest of my 2006 kit wants for christmas.)

As usual, a wonderful review from you, hinckley. Great pictures, and you sumarized everything well. And, love the story at the end. It really had me laughing. :-D

Thank you!

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Makes sence. The small probe bot is a dumb little reminant of Alpha Team MDS but I thought it was a nat detail how it slides out of that little compartment in the back of the manning tower.

So a 10/10 set would be like 6383 Public Works Center or 6277 Imperial Trading Post? Maybe even....Hmmmm.....what's the biggest Fabuland set.........

So a 10/10 set would be like 6383 Public Works Center or 6277 Imperial Trading Post? Maybe even....Hmmmm.....what's the biggest Fabuland set.........

What's hilarious about your post is that I was going to list 6383 as an example of a perfect 10...

Biggest Fabuland set would be either 140 Town Hall or 3678 Mayor's House. Point well taken as I believe both would be 10s...

Back to the probe bot thing, it seemed almost like an afterthought to me. There's the probe bot, the little rock structure and the "flashlight apparatus" as I call it in my review and it just seemed like they put them in there to keep the piece count up at the $50 price point. I would have been fine if they used the extra pieces to make the manning tower taller (love learning a new term!) Anyway the probe bot was a great big 'huh?' to me after I built it. It didn't take me long to figure out it's purpose as it shows on the box art the probe bot safelyt removing coins from the barrel where the skeleton armed with a shotgun is lying in wait.

By the way, went back to that TRU today and they had things re-stocked but this set's price had been raised to $60. Interesting, isn't it?

By the way, went back to that TRU today and they had things re-stocked but this set's price had been raised to $60. Interesting, isn't it?

That's odd, but my favorite was last year and the Viking boat. Throughout the year Lego S@H website and the catalog would the Viking boat change price in every catalog. It was $40, $50, $40 then I think $6-, then it was at $40 for awhile and then back to $50. :)

That's odd, but my favorite was last year and the Viking boat. Throughout the year Lego S@H website and the catalog would the Viking boat change price in every catalog. It was $40, $50, $40 then I think $6-, then it was at $40 for awhile and then back to $50. :)

I wonder why TRU doesn't advertise that they have an exclusive new line from LEGO two months before it comes out. You'd think they'd want to capitalize on that and it seems more like they don't want to make a big deal about it.

Either way, I'm glad they do, because this new line is pretty cool!

Great review! I really enjoyed reading it, it was so well written!

I've been longing for this set, and probably will buy it as soon as I get the chance! Again, great review! *y* *y* *y*

Great review! I really enjoyed reading it, it was so well written!

I've been longing for this set, and probably will buy it as soon as I get the chance! Again, great review! *y* *y* *y*

Thanks man and welcome to Eurobricks!

I bought this the other day. Great set, but the instructions and the box art don't always correspond completely.

I bought this the other day. Great set, but the instructions and the box art don't always correspond completely.

I'm not sure what you mean. How do they not correspond?

I'm not sure what you mean. How do they not correspond?

The pictures in the instructions and on the box don't always match. For a fuller description, see my posts here

The pictures in the instructions and on the box don't always match. For a fuller description, see my posts here
as for the stickers issue... i think it's because set 7774 and 7775 share the same sticker sheet... when you build 7774 some stickers are left over for 7775. and likewise, when you build 7775 you have some stickers leftover for 7774.

at least that is what i can tell.

--------------------------------------------------

and nice review by the way hinkely... and i have to add, this is definitely a set worth a high rating of 9 !!!

- BrickMiner