Sign in to follow this  
GLHTurbo

Hello from Canada

I just registered here this morning to I thought that I would just make a quick post to introduce myself.

My name is Marc, been a long time Lego fan ever since I was a kid with the classic Space Lego. I now have 2 kids of my own, both girls, who are now getting into Lego themselves. The Lego "Friends" line drew them in, but you can't deny the appeal of the regular Lego which now keeps them hooked.

Lego is only one of my many hobbies, the others being building and racing cars, video games, Android hacking and collecting diecast cars. The Lego themes I like to build are Super Heroes, Star Wars and robots/Mechs. Looking forward to learning more and exploring what this forum has to offer.

Marc

Android hacking

Android hacking :devil_laugh: ? Ok man, now I'm scared. Cause I don't want to be hacked: Welcome to Eurobricks! :innocent:

welcome to the forum. I thought for a second you might be my brother as he spells his name the same and has 2 kids but both boys.

Welcome aboard, Marc. Which province are you from?

Ontario. North of Toronto but still considered part of the GTA.

Android hacking :devil_laugh: ? Ok man, now I'm scared. Cause I don't want to be hacked: Welcome to Eurobricks! :innocent:

Not "hacking" in the sense that I try to break into your device and steal your info. More 'hacking' as in unlocking bootloaders and loading custom ROMs, basically making the device do exactly what you want it to do. I don't really limit myself to Android (but is it my favourite platform) as I also like to tinker with jailbreaking iOS, PlayStation and XBox. I actually like to tinker with all sorts of things. Anything purchased off the shelf to me is almost like a blank canvass, a starting point. Kind of like Lego, build it how you want it.

welcome to the forum. I thought for a second you might be my brother as he spells his name the same and has 2 kids but both boys.

Definitely not a the common way to spell it with a "c". I can always tell which of my friends are the closest because only my closest friends remember enough to spell my name correctly. ;)

Welcome to Eurobricks. :classic:

Thanks for the welcome. Cool GameCube BTW.

Edited by GLHTurbo

Welcome from the Left Coast where we even we are bilingual enough to recognize "Marc" as a a common spelling. :wink:

Not "hacking" in the sense that I try to break into your device and steal your info. More 'hacking' as in unlocking bootloaders and loading custom ROMs, basically making the device do exactly what you want it to do. I don't really limit myself to Android (but is it my favourite platform) as I also like to tinker with jailbreaking iOS, PlayStation and XBox. I actually like to tinker with all sorts of things. Anything purchased off the shelf to me is almost like a blank canvass, a starting point. Kind of like Lego, build it how you want it.

Oh, ok. But that's pretty neat you can do all of those things. :classic:

Yo! Fellow GTA’er. Check out the Toronto Lego Stores (Sherway Gardens & Fairview) when you get chance. Also July 14 & 15 you’ll want to bring the girls and maybe the Mrs.’ to the Hilton Hotel by Pearson Airport for Brickfete 2012 (Toronto's Lego Convention). I believe it’s about $10 per person. Also you maybe interested in joining a LUG (Lego User Group). There are a couple in the GTA and several more in Ontario. GTA has 3 main groups: RTL which specializes in Robotics and Trains, OBB which is an umbrella group that focuses on events, & ToroLUG which is basically all the other Lego Themes. (Though several of us do build in, but do not specialize in, Trains and Robotics.)

ToroLUG meets casually every other month and formally alternating months at Sherway & Fairview on usually the 3rd Saturday evening of every month, to plan builds, store window displays, collaborations, up coming public events, and to discussion Lego in general. . :sweet::thumbup:

http://torolug.com/

http://ontariobrickbuilders.com/

http://www.thepyroguys.com/rtl/

My MOC to Promote Brickfete 2012

7288319026_6cf3d881e1_z.jpg

Edited by Rook

Yo! Fellow GTA’er. Check out the Toronto Lego Stores (Sherway Gardens & Fairview) when you get chance. Also July 14 & 15 you’ll want to bring the girls and maybe the Mrs.’ to the Hilton Hotel by Pearson Airport for Brickfete 2012 (Toronto's Lego Convention). I believe it’s about $10 per person. Also you maybe interested in joining a LUG (Lego User Group). There are a couple in the GTA and several more in Ontario. GTA has 3 main groups: RTL which specializes in Robotics and Trains, OBB which is an umbrella group that focuses on events, & ToroLUG which is basically all the other Lego Themes. (Though several of us do build in, but do not specialize in, Trains and Robotics.)

ToroLUG meets casually every other month and formally alternating months at Sherway & Fairview on usually the 3rd Saturday evening of every month, to plan builds, store window displays, collaborations, up coming public events, and to discussion Lego in general. . :sweet::thumbup:

http://torolug.com/

http://ontariobrickbuilders.com/

http://www.thepyroguys.com/rtl/

My MOC to Promote Brickfete 2012

7288319026_6cf3d881e1_z.jpg

Been to both Lego stores and I've seen some of the stuff that ToroLUG has put into the displays. Some great stuff there. :thumbup: I might look into joining a LUG one of these days, need to get more building skills under my belt.

I think that at the very least I will attend Brickfete by myself. Not sure if I will bring the rest of the family as I won't be able to browse at my leisure. :wink: It will be my first Lego show so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Canada, eh? Good to see our friends North of the border :tongue: . If you need anything, feel free to pm me!

Thanks, you may be hearing from me. :classic: Always good to have friends across borders.

Welcome to the forum! I guess you're a Dodge Omni fan?

Thanks for the welcome. I am not "a" Dodge Omni fan... I'm probably "the" Dodge Omni fan. :wink: Still trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :wacko: