L-space

Modular Madness: Cemetery

indexed.gif B-OM-19A

In a part of the city that doesn't show up in tourist guides a small cemetery still lays between the modern modular buildings.

7307513742_0614ccbcf4.jpg

EB Small Gods Cemetery 00 by L-space, on Flickr

7267047014_f98ba3415e.jpg

EB Small Gods Cemetery 10 by L-space, on Flickr

7267046892_563d4e1bd3.jpg

EB Small Gods Cemetery 12 by L-space, on Flickr

7307513530_c799c91549.jpg

EB Small Gods Cemetery 16 by L-space, on Flickr

More pics on flickr

and on Brickshelf

Edited by Phred

It looks very cool :classic::)

And donĀ“t take offense but it is spelled Cemetery :wink:

Edited by Mutie

I think it looks great. I like all the details, but you may want to find out if that sidewalk is allowed, or will you have to modify it.

It looks very cool :classic::)

And donĀ“t take offense but it is spelled Cemetery :wink:

Thanks, I have corrected it.

I think it looks great. I like all the details, but you may want to find out if that sidewalk is allowed, or will you have to modify it.

It does meet the criteria; 8 wide footpath, not my fault the pavement is lousy. Blame the town-council for not willing to invest in the neighbourhood. :laugh:

It does meet the criteria; 8 wide footpath, not my fault the pavement is lousy. Blame the town-council for not willing to invest in the neighbourhood. :laugh:

:laugh:

I think your technique and look of the footpath/sidewalk is sublime if I'm being perfectly honest.

Edited by adventuresinlego

I'm liking this a lot. And I think the sidewalk is excellant - it looks like cobble stones

I'm liking this a lot. And I think the sidewalk is excellant - it looks like cobble stones

I've always thought the mark of a brilliant Lego design is one which makes the viewer think "holy cheeseballs how'd they do that?" even though the pieces and method is often ultimately obvious, just as this is with the round studs and plates. Obvious technique but striking on the eyes...

I was thinking along the same lines myself, before finally deciding on another idea for my entry. But yours is an excellent version of a small urban cemetery, just the thing to break up a modular row of buildings. Good luck!

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by L@go

First thanks for the compliments! It is appriciated knowing others like your stuff. :laugh:

By suggestion I have changed the sidewalk to be more compliant with the Modular standard.

It now has a light grey curbe and dark bley stones. Well most are anyway. Still not enough money to do a total workover. For real; I picked my last LEGo money this month for a bricklink order of dark bley tiles because I don't use them that often.

7307513742_0614ccbcf4.jpg

EB Small Gods Cemetery 00 by L-space, on Flickr

The back hasn't been changed. This way it still looks like a real alley not used since medieval times.

First post will be edited accordingly.

More angles on flickr

Edited by L-space

That looks great, and having a few of those 2x2 round plates is a good accent. I never felt you needed to change the back alley.

That's a great addition to town. I like how you created the cemetery, looking slightly forgoten. The back pavement looks great (I'm using similar style in another MOC), and the tumb stones with fish details are great. Good luck in the contest. :thumbup: