Sign in to follow this  
Ssorg

Lovely Sailboat

indexed.gif V-W-05C

Greetings everyone!

We haven't seen too many sailboat LEGO sets right? So I made this cutie :wub: and submitted it on CUUSOO!

Here some photos!

7194443932_169b5a602b_c.jpg

7194461408_9b359ab5e1_c.jpg

7194598648_328f37de32_c.jpg

7194584860_e3bd92a6f0_c.jpg

You can see MORE pictures and info in the CUUSOO project!

Would you like to have a sailboat like that in your Lego City? Please consider supporting my project! :laugh:

P.S. If you really like this, please help me to spread the word! :grin:

Edited by Ssorg

Another project with cardboard/paper, eh? Are these sails custom or official Lego pieces? I like this too, and I'd definitely buy it if it were a set. Something about the railing makes me like it a lot!

Edited by purpleparadox

I :wub: it, the SNOT is nice and cool sailboat designing there 'Ssorg'.....I better go and support it, since I'm also a Cuusoo poster of designs (23 of). :classic:

Brick On Sail On 'Ssorg' ! :classic:

Another project with cardboard/paper, eh? Are these sails custom or official Lego pieces?

Not "another", actually this was my first! :laugh:

Yea the sails are custom work.

very cute, I like the super smooth lines.

Thanks, and the lines would have been even smoother if it wasn't for one availability issue (more on that in CUUSOO description).

Not "another", actually this was my first! :laugh:

Yea the sails are custom work.

Oh! I guess I just saw the airship first...

Anyway, great sailboat! I've already stated this, but if this gets made I'll buy one!

Nice looking boat :thumbup: I like the cabin area especially. Nice little comic as well :laugh:

And I supported on CUUSOO

*huh* I've tried so many times to build something like this....but this is way better :thumbup::wub:

Great shaping! You've got my vote :thumbup: I like the inclusion of the pirate flag

Very nice! If the people on that boat have any sense, though, they'd remove that pirate flag as soon as possible. As far as I know, sailing under that flag is not considered a joking issue in most maritime circles...

Lovely sailboat you got there, and based on the many small yachts/sailboats I've seen around the world when I was in the Navy, it's perfectly proportioned for its class, too! Your design has also helped me figure out how to solve the problem of designing a post-apocalyptic pirate gunboat using pieces from the Spongebob Flying Dutchman set...

Very nice! If the people on that boat have any sense, though, they'd remove that pirate flag as soon as possible. As far as I know, sailing under that flag is not considered a joking issue in most maritime circles...

Well, believe it or not, but US Navy ships fly Calico Jack's Jolly Roger during the line crossing ceremony...

Well, believe it or not, but US Navy ships fly Calico Jack's Jolly Roger during the line crossing ceremony...

I know that it's sometimes used in military circumstances, but I was under the distinct impression that it's generally frowned upon for a private vessel to fly the Jolly Roger.

It is indeed lovely, the kind of set that would make me want to add a port to my town!

Very, very good job, a pleasant balance between realism and Lego standard!

:thumbup: and a round of applause!

I was under the distinct impression that it's generally frowned upon for a private vessel to fly the Jolly Roger.

LOL It's just for fun here. I wouldn't fly under the Jolly Roger in real life. :tongue:

That is a very good looking ship. I hope Lego considers making it. I'm surprised that Lego has never made a modern sailboat. The closest they've come are the small boats that use the windsurfing sail and alternate models of airplanes that use the wing as a sail. Considering all the other types of boats they've made, it's time they made a proper sailboat.

Excellent MOC, 'Ssorg'! :sweet:

This is really the first time I've ever seen a Sailboat MOC. And you really nailed it! I just supported it on Cuusoo, too. :thumbup:

Wow, "bien joué !" that's a very nice boat, I really like (love?) the modified hull ! There is so much details and your home made sails are just perfect. Very nice !

Woah! Lovely little boat! I'm really loving the sails!

... time to pay Cuusoo a little visit :wink:

Instructions pleaaase :)

I love your interest, but unfortunately I have no instructions. But if you go to my Flickr stream (via the CUUSOO project), you can pretty well see how the thing is made by looking at all the pictures in their original sizes.