Jason C. Hand

[LDD MOC] Lucrehulk Core Ship v6

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here's a preview of version six of my Lucrehulk Core Ship:

7264073494_946a71a001.jpg

It has movie-styled military control and transmission towers, based on designs by Connor Lucero and Paul Yperman from MOCPages; twelve new turbolaser batteries; new Technic-built landing gear; and four copper thrusters underneath.

7264073658_fee0cf8f73.jpg

7264073974_0196cf2c75.jpg

7264074208_75ae079470.jpg

7264074288_a48fef6414.jpg

BTW: This is only the last one, for now. Will take another crack at it at another time.

Thanks again for da feedback, guys. Anyways, got some much needed help from another AFOL on the art of LEGO sphere making (not as easy as it looks, even on LDD), and have been incorporating that info into this new build. Will have some new pics of the Lucrehulk Coreship v6.2 soon :sweet:

OK, as promised here are preview shots of the Lucrehulk CS, version 6.2 :)

Comments/feedback greatly welcomed.

Now that is so much better Jason. It looks spherical, the grebles on top look great, and the legs look like they can support it fine.

Awesome work there Jason, that's a huge improvement over the last version! You really got the shape of the sphere this time, and the towers and greebles on top look great. :thumbup:

The landing gear looks pretty decent too, but is it supposed to carry the sphere? I noticed that each connection in the legs is made only by a single technic pin, which means that every joint is moveable and will probably not support much weight.

Now you got the design of the Core ship done, are you planning to make the outer ring of the Lucrehulk Battleship as well?

Awesome work there Jason, that's a huge improvement over the last version! You really got the shape of the sphere this time, and the towers and greebles on top look great. :thumbup:

The landing gear looks pretty decent too, but is it supposed to carry the sphere? I noticed that each connection in the legs is made only by a single technic pin, which means that every joint is moveable and will probably not support much weight.

Now you got the design of the Core ship done, are you planning to make the outer ring of the Lucrehulk Battleship as well?

Hi DFOL,

Yeah, the legs have been more troublesome to work out than the sphere. I was looking around the sphere to see where I can put 2 pins in the mix, so as to make the only movable joints at the top of the landing leg where it meets the ship and the feet. So, I am working on that again right now, as well as making the studs on top of the ship "disappear," if you know what I mean.

Gonna be back later. Thank you again.

Updated the landing so that it can more realistically hold the weight of the ship

They may need to be extended up the sides a bit more, the legs on the real one start about the middle of the sphere.

The middle joint on the legs will pivot/rotate under the weight and the core ship will end up sitting on its bottom rather than the feet. If you can make them more solid it might help it.

Anyone good at making ship legs of this sort or another? I'm now stuck with designing the Lucrehulk's legs. Any help/advice/small nudges will be greatly appreciated.

Another new update to the Lucrehulk CS's leg assembly:

7317177702_0681ee1642.jpg

7317177874_a257e10aa3.jpg

Here's the .LXF file for those who wish to edit and study the model, or use it however you will :classic:

Edited by Jason C. Hand

I think I preferred the technic versions, these look too thick, however the height is perfect.

I think I preferred the technic versions, these look too thick, however the height is perfect.

OK, when I get some time, I'll see if I can reconstruct the Technic legs, and then place it on the boards as a separate D/L from this last one. Keep a look for it in da mean :wink:

OK, here is one more updated Lucrehulk Core Ship, re-done with Technic landing gear (as per request by Mr. Man). This model was based on a sphere designed by happyfrosh of Brickshelf. Still has the command towers and superlaser batteries, and 3 mini Separatist

vehicles as before. Also, this may be the last update I do to it because I'm looking to do another project (what it is, i don't know yet), but there ya go.

7158645651_6c4d9ace9f.jpg

7158646037_a2ab864347.jpg

7158645941_490424f788.jpg

7158646009_a9700517af.jpg

Download Lucrehulk CS v6.3

Edited by Jason C. Hand