Sign in to follow this  
deckard9

Charger C70 MOC

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello after 25 years away from Lego I started building again because of my son. He is deeply into Clone Wars, so I thought after a few test builds I'll try something bigger. Important was to make the MOC playable for my kids, so it had to be stable and close to minifig scale.

I ended up with a MOC of the charger C70 retrofit in 2/3 minifigscale, which is 1,52m length and 0,8m width. The proportions are not exactly right to keep it playable. The cockpit is 10% too big so 2 minifigs can sit side by side, the rear a bit too small to keep weigt and size down...

I realized after a while into the build that my color choice of light grey was wrong, since many bricks are only available in light bluish grey. It does bother me less than I thought thou.

The capsule unter the cockpit features some beds and a converence situation and can be released with a click switch. It then falls down out of the mount.

Since i had a hard time building at night, I didn't put as much work into the details as I would have liked. So the landing gear is not as detailed as I wished and I just did use some old computer bricks for the console... But well...

Hope you like it.

Deck

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Amazing!!!! and the size is just wow when i saw the comparison pic to the falcon. I was not expecting that. Great work.

That's a pretty impressive ship! I especially like what you did with the engines; the round shape turned out very well.

Could you please resize your pictures to a maximum of 800 x 600 when you get the chance?

Thanks for sharing this, it looks great. :thumbup:

It was difficult to really get a feel for the size of this moc, until that last picture!! *oh2*

Its huge!!!

And despite you mentioning the oversize of the cockpit/undersize of the rear, it still retains a really nice look to it from the source version =D

And there is an interior as well! Very much a nice clean build there :) :thumbup:

This is really fantastic. I love ships at that size; having the Falcon set really drives the point home that its a big MOC. Do you have plans to greeble and tile the outer surfaces?

Thanks for all the replies.

I am planning to add some armor to the surfaces in the middle section. Other than that the charger in the series seems to be really smooth. So I don't want to over do that.

deck

Edited by deckard9

It looked so great until you showed the interior, then it just went to fantastic :drool:.

Edit:2542nd Post :classic:.

Edited by Mr Man

Great detail inside. I would have preferred tiles are SNOT for the outer surfaces. But still great build.

Wow, that is impressive! That is a serious build, inside and out. You definitely built with playability in mind, makes me want to come over and play too. :blush: I like how you didn't just make it all open inside, but gave your kids things to do in there. There's all kinds of cool details in there. The seats and sleeping quarters(? Tan tiled bits). I like that you didn't tile the outside. Viva La Studs! :thumbup:

This is such a beautiful and clean looking ship on the exterior that I think greebling would only detract from that, so good call on avoiding that and keeping the studs. I also love what you’ve done with the tan bricks in the corridors of the ship. Top notch building here and I’m glad to see you’ve come back to Lego, especially if impressive builds like these are what we can expect from you. Keep them coming! :wub:

Wow, this is the first time i have seen this ship in anything close to minifig scale! Its enormous size is very impressive and i think the general shape comes quite close to the original design. The real gem is the interior though. It is so elaborate and nicely made, it makes me want to play with it!

The only constructive criticism i can think of, is that the exterior has a lot of large bland surfaces. I know it's a pretty smooth ship without much greebling, but maybe you could use some tiles to create the appearance of hull plating?

Thanks for the feedback. :blush:

Yes, I agree. Some tiles as armor would do it good. It also is lacking the insignia right now. So I'll probably do that too on this occasion...

Whoa! This is amazing! This is so big! I would add some detail to the middle portions, the gray part, as it looks a little bland. And covering all studs with tiles would make it look even better! But this MOC is still fantastic! Great job!

Just like in the movie.

Just a minor point but the Consular-class was the one from the films, the Charger-class was from TCW :grin:.

This is lovely. I really like the overall look and the size makes it just so much more impressive. The interior is very well done and I can see the effort put into making this look great as well as be playable.

Great job :thumbup:

wow... i definately would love the build instructions on this puppy!... i'd see if i got enough parts here.

AWESOME :wub: creation 'deckard9', so much detail to it.....excellent designing there ! :grin:

Though rebels piloting a CW ship.....well if Lucas can change canon so can we ! :laugh:

What a brilliant rendition you have made!

Not only is the exterior fantastic, but there is a beautiful interior! :wub:

Thank you again.

After all those replies I wonder thou, why nobody mentioned the wrong guys in the ship... :)

I was waiting for someone to point that out.

That interior is the best, I'd love having a ship like that. :thumbup:

Though rebels piloting a CW ship.....well if Lucas can change canon so can we ! :laugh:

After all those replies I wonder thou, why nobody mentioned the wrong guys in the ship... :)

I was waiting for someone to point that out.

Rahm Kota's Militia, was formed during the clone wars, and where the predeceases the the Alliance, even wearing pretty much the same uniforms.

Rahm Kota's Militia, was formed during the clone wars, and where the predeceases the the Alliance, even wearing pretty much the same uniforms.

Oh. Sorry... I missed lightingtigers response. :grin:

Has been changed already thou. My son just loves the clones. Clones everywhere now... :hmpf: Nothing for me. I grew up with the original trilogy...