Si-MOCs

Death Star Trench Run

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

7242384492_ac152c4763_z.jpg

Well, the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.

This was built for Star Wars Day - Toronto - and will be at Brick World and Brickfete - it also serves as ToroLUG's giant name plate :laugh::rofl:

7242388784_4b39fd0d7e_c.jpg

The Awesome Fighters provided by Ricecracker :thumbup:

7242427212_92ba20d1d7_z.jpg

7242387040_5ab2c529ca_z.jpg

And of course the trench swoosh video:

7168639260_267a6c1d25_m.jpg

(forgive the horrible Star Wars music - I didn't want to get sued but George)

Wow, awesome job especially on all the greebling! This looks great especially in the photo from above :thumbup:

Wow, this is really good, I saw the first pic and was confused by the strange white bits in the corner, and then all was revealed.

There are just so many details to look at... :drool:

I love how a lot of the rows of greebles seem to lead to something, as if they're there for a purpose rather than just as greebling.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Amazing!! (This deserves two exclamation points!) I love every single bit of this MOC, and the video's great, too!

Haha, it seems you've incorporated your micro city into this!

I am looking forward to seeing this for real if I am able to make Brickfete! :thumbup:

This trench looks amazing, with just the right amount of detail! Too much greebles would've made it look messy and distracting, too few greebles would've made it look plain and boring, but this is just perfect. Well done on a great scene!

Very nice, great details, some in-trench shots would be nice, you, like from an TIE fighter perspective or so :thumbup:

Oh and while I'm here anyway, "SI", what does that stand for ? everytime I see SI I think it's about me, wow I got blogged ? wait this isn't mine, oh it's that other guy :laugh:

Edited by Sebeus I

:oh: That's amazing! The greebling is cool looking and the SNOT is really nicely done. Stunning work! :thumbup:

And of course the trench swoosh video:

7168639260_267a6c1d25_m.jpg

(forgive the horrible Star Wars music - I didn't want to get sued but George)

I actually muted the video and watched it while listening to The Battle of Yavin music. :tongue:

Love the trench... Being as iconic of Star Wars, and one of the most exciting (probably the most exciting for me) part of the films, it's great to see this done in Lego with such great skill. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Wow thanks for all the great comments everyone! And a FP! :blush:

This trench looks amazing, with just the right amount of detail! Too much greebles would've made it look messy and distracting, too few greebles would've made it look plain and boring, but this is just perfect. Well done on a great scene!

I love how a lot of the rows of greebles seem to lead to something, as if they're there for a purpose rather than just as greebling.

Thanks for the blog!

As for the greebling - I have to give a shout out to ToroLUG - we actually had lengthy discussions on 'how greebled' it should have been - and this was the recommended amount of tiling and greebling :grin:

Haha, it seems you've incorporated your micro city into this!

I am looking forward to seeing this for real if I am able to make Brickfete! :thumbup:

Hehe, yeah. It was a combination of self promotion and laziness, that's 77x20 studs I didn't have to fill :laugh:

Yeah this will be at Brickfete - though I might change up the name plate... you'll see :devil:

Oh and while I'm here anyway, "SI", what does that stand for ? everytime I see SI I think it's about me, wow I got blogged ? wait this isn't mine, oh it's that other guy :laugh:

You should get blogged more often! your ships are crazy!

SI doesn't stand for anything, Si is a common nickname, and if you take the whole thing: Si-MOC - just rotate the C 90 CW and you get Simon - my first name. :P

So it's either: my name poorly obscured or it's Si(mon's) MOCs - take your pick :wink:

Ah, but where the Falcon ? :wink:

We actually discussed this as well trying to figure out where/how to do it, but we realized the angle of the Falcon would be really high and would require a really tall stand and it just seemed superfluous.

As for the greebling - I have to give a shout out to ToroLUG - we actually had lengthy discussions on 'how greebled' it should have been - and this was the recommended amount of tiling and greebling :grin:

I think it paid off. You've got a very refined sort of greebling with restraint going here, in a situation where I know I would be tempted to just go crazy with the greebling. :laugh: I think the only thing missing in the greebling is a few turbolaser towers to tie it all together and make it unmistakably the Death Star.

Awesome shots, Simon. The lighting really adds to the mood. :classic:

It's definitely worth seeing in person, very impressive. (Don't forget to introduce yourself when you're there.)

...like from an TIE fighter perspective or so :thumbup:

Do you mean like this? Chasing Ricecracker's X-Wing down Simon's trench... :laugh:

Wonderful. I love the geeble-plate ratio, got it just right. Nice integration of that torolug thing too.

I build the 6 meter long Trench Run last year and now there is this microscale version. What a great detail ... what a wonderfull build ... WELL DONE !!!!!

Edited by legopapa

I caught a glimpse of this before I decided to take an early night and check this out better in the morning.

I then had a very weird dream which was 100% because of this moc.

I dreamed of Star Wars in mini lego form, and this scene played out over a huge length of my dream with the mini Lego Tie fighters chasing my mini Lego X wing :laugh: !

Really awesome moc, as mentioned many times the greebling is just right, not too much nor too little. Brilliant job!

Edited by Fuppylodders

Thanks again everyone for all the great comments :thumbup:

I think it paid off. You've got a very refined sort of greebling with restraint going here, in a situation where I know I would be tempted to just go crazy with the greebling. :laugh: I think the only thing missing in the greebling is a few turbolaser towers to tie it all together and make it unmistakably the Death Star.

Actually there are/were motorized turbo lasers... but it was built by another member and we took it apart after the event - so I couldn't do a proper photoshoot :cry_sad:

That's what the two boxes in the top corners were for !

I build the 6 meter long Trench Run last year and now there is this microscale version. What a great detail ... what a wonderfull build ... WELL DONE !!!!!

SIX meters? :oh3:

Wow that's awesome!

I almost died putting together 3 XL baseplates! Do you have pictures of yours? I'd love to compare and see what I missed/could improve upon!

Say yes to the rhythm!

We actually discussed this as well trying to figure out where/how to do it, but we realized the angle of the Falcon would be really high and would require a really tall stand and it just seemed superfluous.

Nah just do it! :grin:

Edited by Rook