Sign in to follow this  
Tantalus

Copenhagen Retail Store

Hi everyone,

This summer I'll be in Copenhagen for a couple of weeks, and was trying to find information about their relatively new store. Is it pretty much the same as other Lego stores? Are there sets they sell there and only there? Basically, should I get excited or not?

Thanks all.

Edited by WhiteFang
Added pictures

I've been there twice, and I'd say no: There's nothing there that you won't have seen if you've been to a Lego store before. I don't know where you're from, but it's also worth noting that Lego is very expensive in Denmark. So, most likely, whatever you find there, you'll probably find cheaper in a store closer to you (if there is one) or on S@H.

Disappointing! I'm from New York, but I was really looking forward to some Danish themed sets. But I'm guessing that mini Copenhagen canal set, was just for the opening?

Disappointing! I'm from New York, but I was really looking forward to some Danish themed sets. But I'm guessing that mini Copenhagen canal set, was just for the opening?

Yes, you can only get it from a third party seller today.

I've been to the Lego store in Copenhagen and I think it's really nice, the prices are pretty normal, there are no special sets, last november I was in the Legostore in Berlin and it was much like it. I've been in the stores in Legoland in Billund and overthere all the Lego sets were much more expensive, approx 50% more than the retail prices in Holland (where I live). I'm going to Denmark again for our holiday in June so I'll probably visit Copenhagen and the Lego store again, so i don't need an excuse for the money I spend there because my wife is going to the Disney store located 500 meter further down the street.

Tantalus I don't know how you are going to Copenhagen but coming from the Central Train Station; take the main exit turn left, at the Hard Rock Cafe turn right and keep going straight ahead over the Radhuspladsen into the Stroget and you will see it and the right side, it is about 10 min. walk from the station.

Edited by vliet

Are you guys discussing and referring to Stroget for this LEGO Brand retail store? :look:

The one in Strøget is the only LEGO Brand store in Denmark. Sadly, I've never seen special sets in that store or in Legoland Billund.

Sorry White Fang, maybe my post was confusing by writing about the shop in Legoland, but indeed I was referring to the Legoshop in Copenhagen.

Thanks for the pictures. I'll have to visit to check out the Danish themed displays they have, being a fan of Denmark, but I won't plan on buying any sets. It's kind of disappointing though. As it goes, I'll be in Minneapolis in June too, but its such a shame that between the Mall of America store and the Copenhagen store, all I'll be able to buy are the same sets available everywhere else.

Yeah LEGO sets are insanely expensive here in Denmark, dissapointingly so. That's why I myself usually only buy LEGO when 40-50 % off.

I wish my local store has PAB wall that big.

I wish my country would have even one PAB wall :I

The PAB wall is big but most bricks are there 4-5 times. Most bricks are basic and very boring, the only thing exiting the last couple of months have been 1x1 round clear and clear-blue and 1x1 clear slopes.

I am in the store once or twice a month and their selection is great, the prices are not (as all LEGO prices in denmark)

Worth going to, but save your money, except if they have special gifts.