Sign in to follow this  
Lance

Geonosian Arena

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all!

Before I show you my entry, I'll tell you a possibly boring story.

I had an idea of how TLG may pull this scene off in a set. It wouldn't be the whole arena, but it would have iconic enough sub models. So I started with figures. This was difficult. As much as I wanted to put more characters in, I felt that there was no way TLG was going to do this. So I settled with Mace Windu, Padme (Arena), Anakin (Padawan), Obi Wan, Jango Fett, Count Dooku, 2x sand red Battle Droids, and a Clone Trooper. Then, I built the pillars. Simple, but have some nice peices in the design. Next, I decided to build the balcony Dooku, Jango, and Gunray were standing on in the film. It's simple, but I think it looks very nice and can replicate the scene quite well. Then I decided to put one of the creatures in. I was going to do all three, but someone else (sorry I forgot your name) build the Nexu, and I had a feeling someone could do a better Ackley than me. So I settled with a brick-built Reek. I also built the chariot that Padme and Ankain ride in parts of the scene. So here is my entry:

lddscreenshot1.png

The Reek:

lddscreenshot2.png

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my entry.

I'm extremely proud of my brick-built reek, and I may upload this to Cussoo depending on reception and demmand.

This was really enjoyable to build and it's really fun to take part in these Community Builds (this is my first one).

If anyone wants to see any close ups of particular parts of the entry, just say so in the comments and I'll see what I can do :wink:

Anyway Thanks for looking!

The Reek is actually quite nice, and while I believe you could expand this much much more. You have achieved the point of making this a System style/scale set. Unfortunately, I'm doubting we will ever get to see Geonosian style battle droids :sceptic:

The Reek is actually quite nice, and while I believe you could expand this much much more. You have achieved the point of making this a System style/scale set. Unfortunately, I'm doubting we will ever get to see Geonosian style battle droids :sceptic:

What?

The structure looks pretty good, although I would change the whole structure of the Reek. It needs to be bigger, more detailed, and use 1x1 bricks with holes in them instead of a 1x8 brick with 7 holes. Too many holes.