natelite

Aqua Base 7775

The squid is cool, but the rest of the set doesn't seem so good, from what I've seen.

The squid is cool, but the rest of the set doesn't seem so good, from what I've seen.

I agree, the prototype base looked great and the squid and sub looked bad. Now the squid and sub look great and the base looks meh. The inside of the base looks really cool through.

ouch the prototype was better... I can't remember when Lego built the last decent base, to be honest...

The Prototype base is awesome - I'd buy IT for sure. The final base is... severly lacking.

I don't see a huge difference between the prototype and the final design. At least not a big enough difference that couldn't be easily modified with a simple purchase from Bricklink.

The only real difference I see is the height of the bridge and the cover over the bridge. While I like the height of the bridge in the prototype better because it creates a better deep sea atmosphere and the sub can drive under it, I think the cover wasn't necessary as it didn't connect to the base. It would've made more sense to be an airlock that went all the way to the base but it was awkwardly self-contained.

I'm the most excited about this set out of all the sets in the line.

Lego did it again. How very dissapointing. I saw the set at TRU over the weekend. The prototype is fantastic. The final version is lacking.

I really liked the causeway in the prototype and the round design. The final is much more square and lost the nice design that really made the model look like something underwater. I'm indifferent in regard to the squid and not sure about the sub. But overall, I am very disappointed that Lego did not go with the prototype. I do not plan to buy unless on clearance (which probably won't be too far into the future).

Thanks sam89 for the link. and yes, the hatch door is nice... The interior looks nice too, even if it is not very big. But we find all we need like tools, computer, accessories and a cup. What do we want more? :-P

this is the last under-water base from a kind of a similar theme

6195-1.jpg

which one do you think is better?

i like this old baseplate

6195-07_small.jpg

but i think the structure looks more like ruins than an actuall base!!

here is another under-water base from 1998

6199-1.jpg

i really hate that green! works great for space but not for the sea!!

I love 6195! I have always wanted it. That's a true base.

What I don't get is that the police and hospital are on raised baseplates but the Aqua raider base is on flat ground?

I had 6195. I saw the picture once, liked it, and bought it from a guy on ebay. Once I built it it didn't look as good as I thought it would. So I sold it again (hi, jipay ;-) ). I like "Divers" more.

I liked the baseplates, too, though...

When I was younger, I liked the 1695 base, but now, it's not my cup of tea! But the base plate are great, giving a real impression of deep sea floor, with relief. And the 1699 don't look good, too blocky for me. Conclusion, the new AR base has the best look for me. But like Hobbes, I prefer the classic divers line (with a nice underwater base, more realistic, but I don't have it :'-( )

i got 6199 when I got out of my dark age and wanted to buy every old set I could possibly find at that point. It's not really a highlight in any Lego collection...

i'm still thinking of buying the other one. the doors look very nice but i never was a fan of these underwater themes.

The final version is still good, I think. The sub looks much better and the squid does, too. The base looks better except for the dock. What happened to the glass that covered it? I think the final version looks a tad bit better.

I do not plan to buy unless on clearance (which probably won't be too far into the future).

That's asuming a lot. I mean, how can you be so sure that it will not sell well? From what I see, it looks like it will be a big hit, considering it still is a great kit to many people. (BTW, if that's not what you meant when you said that, forgive me.).

But anyway, I don't really see why some of you hate the new version so much. The old version may be more rounded and it has a cool walkway, but it also has a horible squid and cruddy sub, plus it lacks a docking bay! (that walkway doesn't look like a docking bay at all) Not to mention the harpoon gun on top had a horbile stand. The new one may be less beautiful, but it still looks cool to me, plus has a better squid and sub, more figures and acessories, and other cool details. Not as bad as you guys are making it seem (IMO). ;-)

Thanks Sam!

I still do not understand why it's not on a raised Police Station base. The constution on the set I think would be about the same just with an extra level of depth.

I had 6195. I saw the picture once, liked it, and bought it from a guy on ebay. Once I built it it didn't look as good as I thought it would. So I sold it again (hi, jipay ;-) ). I like "Divers" more.

I liked the baseplates, too, though...

I wander who was crazy enough to buy it :-D Well I like this new version better. As always, people think the old one was better while it just wasn't. This interior is just more detailed and the squid is just amazing.

Your opinion that the new one is better, I still like the Aquazone one better, just looks better to me. The new one has a nice interior but there's no roof. :lol:

The Diver sets were great, there were so many of them and they were all so nice. That base was awesome and sadly I never bought it.

Thanks Sam!

I still do not understand why it's not on a raised Police Station base. The constution on the set I think would be about the same just with an extra level of depth.

i, for one, am quiet happy that it's not a raised baseplate. :-$

Your opinion that the new one is better, I still like the Aquazone one better, just looks better to me. The new one has a nice interior but there's no roof. :lol:

The Diver sets were great, there were so many of them and they were all so nice. That base was awesome and sadly I never bought it.

The aquazone base has no roof either :-/