Sign in to follow this  
quidditys_shore

10179 millennium falcon parts list

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

hello!

sorry i've not posted here much but now need a bit of help!

i've had the 10179 set since late 2009 (only £300 new off ebay!). i've built it twice but always had a problem near the end where i've thought i've used the wrong parts earlier in the build (parts neded have been similar to parts i had left to use).

its now come to a time when i cant justify keeping it :( planning on our first child! :) so i'm going to sell it.

now i'm going by the parts list at the back of the manual & there are a few differences (1 or 2 over or under). i just want to check that this list is accurate. if so then i'll need to get the missing bits, where would be best to get them from?

also once sorted where would be best to sell?

i'll be allowed to get the new smaller kit once its sold though so not to bad! (& i also have the hasbro big toy to play with! LOL)

thanks very much for that! did try searching but had no luck!

also didnt realise that the part numbers in the manual are different to those from bricklinks. now i've found then on ebay :) is that the best/cheapest place to buy from?

PS it was a bad idea coming here! now looks like i may be getting the UCS R2-D2 as well! LOL

thanks very much for that! did try searching but had no luck!

also didnt realise that the part numbers in the manual are different to those from bricklinks. now i've found then on ebay :) is that the best/cheapest place to buy from?

PS it was a bad idea coming here! now looks like i may be getting the UCS R2-D2 as well! LOL

You're welcome. :classic: I would trust BL's inventory the most, although you could also look up the inventory at Peeron to compare.

And well, it depends on your possibilities. For an AFOL like me who doesn't live in a country with lots of places that sell Lego, eBay or Bricklink are almost always my only good options. Amazon tends to be very expensive on Lego, at least on discontinued sets. You should always compare all options available to you. One never knows! But those three are the best, I would say.

If you're only missing a few of the more common parts the official Lego replacement service is very good: (link here)

Cheers, Robin :classic:

You need to ask LEGO for replacement parts. I found it weird cause I have never had a piece missing.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

You need to ask LEGO for replacement parts. I found it weird cause I have never had a piece missing.

cheers. forgot about asking lego for parts! did it when i got vaders tie fighter a few years ago because his cape was missing (& 2 other little bits). i'm not one to lose things so know it wasnt there in the first place

would they do it though with it being such a few years since i bought it? either way using the lego site gives me the design number when i enter the part number so that will help if i have to buy elsewhere!

i cant believe the prices this has got to! i thought it was a high price when i bought it in 2009 for £300, especially as in late 2008 we were on holiday in florida & te lego shop there had it for $400 (which was £200 back then!).

it'll be sad to see her go :( but atleast the money will go towards a good cause :)

Wow, you're lucky. I once missed an entire minifig! (The TIE Pilot in the 2005 fighter.)

To quidditys: You can check Bricklink's inventory or Peeron's. (which I find to be the best)

well i've checked it all off against both bricklinks & peeron :)

i've ended up with about 40 pieces over! most are just 1 or 2 here but there is one piece where i had 129 instead of 119! i even went through the manual adding up how many i needed just to make sure.

in the end i'm only 1 piece missing! 4211425 which is 3460 light bluish grey 1x6 (i actually was one over on the 1x8 so guess thats a mistake they made). i've contacted lego themselves to get the missing part & they say it should arrive in the next 2 weeks :)

once it does i guess its bye bye time :pir-cry_sad: apart from a house, this will be the most expensive thing i've ever sold so am hoping there'll be someone local to buy it face to face. will let you guys know when the time comes! :)

PS its weird but i've always had a few extra pieces in kits. i've got a bag of spares i keep as a just in case & most of this came from the lego star wars 2011 advent calendar! which is bizzare because there wouldve only been a max of about 20 pieces per kit yet there were still extras i them! LOL