Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#33: WANTED! Violetta the Cat Burglar

"I assume that Violetta only stole the cornucopia last night, correct?"

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"Correct. Violetta and the Wolfgang are playing some sort of sick game with the houses. Both the Ziegfrieds and the Ji Pei are practically barricading their valuables right now, but Violetta will no doubt find a way to weasel in, like vermin always do."

"Kayla, do you know why I can't find Violetta with my compass?"

heroicanpc-kayla.jpg

"Umm, don't you think the Wolfgang would have been caught and demolished by now if they could be traced with simple magical tools like that one? The Wolf's Den is surrounded by a powerful protective aura that messes up any tracking attempts."

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"The girl speaks the truth, I'm sorry to say. If only catching criminals was that easy..."

"Kayla, if you can help us then we can make sure you won't get hurt, just tell us anything you might know - and then neither the Wolfgang nor the Town Watch will be allowed to hurt you. Try to answer Alexis's question the best you can, and then anything else you might've known but have been refraining to tell us."

heroicanpc-kayla.jpg

"...You're all the same."

"OK then."

I turn to the other questies and whisper: "I have an idea for tonight. At least one of us will constantly stay with the treasure, so it will be impossible for us to lose track of it unless we get killed. Even if another assassin comes, the other two could fight him off, while the third is still watching over the treasure."

I turn to the other questies and whisper: "I have an idea for tonight. At least one of us will constantly stay with the treasure, so it will be impossible for us to lose track of it unless we get killed. Even if another assassin comes, the other two could fight him off, while the third is still watching over the treasure."

"Nuts. Excellent idea Benji, I say we go for it. Do we still have no idea where she'll strike next?"

"Nuts. Excellent idea Benji, I say we go for it. Do we still have no idea where she'll strike next?"

"I volunteer myself to guard the artifact, if that is fine with you guys. I don't think we know, so lets just choose one of the two on random. Doesn't matter too much, since we have no clue which one she'll strike next."

"I say we go to Ziegried Manor. I think that Benji or I should guard the Artifact. Chances is that Violetta will be strong, so some healing might be in order."

"Alright to the Ziegried's we go. I say Benji guards the item, as he has more health."

"Sounds good. Letsa go!"

In the evening, the three heroes made their way to the Ziegfried Manor, where the family's matriarch was already waiting for them.

heroicanpc-zeldaziegfried.jpg

"Glad you are here. Heroica has proven to be trustworthy in dealing with our matters, so I have high faith you will sort this irksome issue. Ethereth knows our family has enough on our minds with the kidnapping of one of my greatgrandchildren and the elusive demon residing underneath this house. That Wolfgang troupe has been nothing but a small nuisance to us before this, but they are certainly doing their best to get the six houses riled up."

The High Wizardine was joined by her two grandsons, Altair and Goldraum.

heroicanpc-goldraumziegfried.jpg

"Grandmother, it is almost night. We still have to perform the sealing spells."

"Oh, excuse the ramblings of an old woman... Right this way, please."

The Ziegfried wizards lead the heroes upstairs to a locked door. Zelda opens it, and her two grandsons begin casting protective spells inside and outside of the room.

heroicaquest33-ziegfriedmanor1.jpg

"In this room we keep our secret treasure: a Zirconia, the sacred gem of Ethereth that contains all elements. There is only one of them in Eubric, and it has been in our family's possession from the beginning of the bloodline, so it really is invaluable to us. This is the first time we let an outsider even see it, so I hope you appreciate it."

Zelda leads the party inside the room. The only item in it is a brilliant gem sparkling in every color of the rainbow. The gem is locked inside a glass bowl that is protected by humming crystal pillars.

heroicaquest33-ziegfriedmanor2.jpg

heroicanpc-altairziegfried.jpg

"It's a real beauty, ain't it? And that pedestal is inlaid with so many magic spells that nothing can break through it. Now, here's the plan. We will seal you three inside this room for the night while me and my brother stands guard outside. There is only one entrance to that room, and the only way through it will be over our dead bodies. Even if the Wolfgang woman manages to trick her way past us, you will catch her red-handed."

heroicanpc-goldraumziegfried.jpg

"Is there any doubt in your mind that you can't do this? Because we've given you all our trust on this matter, and that is not something us Ziegfrieds tend to do. If you aren't up for the task, just leave and let us handle our own problems."

Does the party have any questions?

"Sounds good to me. No, I'm sure we can do this. She's not going to get past us." Alexis says very determinedly.

"High Wizardine, it is a pleasure to see you well again. Master Altair, Master Goldraum," He bows his head in repsect to the three mages. They are undoubtedly the most powerful in all of Eubric. But Althior felt it. His enemy was right under his feet. He could feel his arm rippling. He recalls something from his mental image of the Zirconia. "I have a terrible sense of direction. Where exactly are we in the manor?"

"I have a terrible sense of direction. Where exactly are we in the manor?"

"I don't blame you, Mr. Emorith. The manor has changed quite a bit since you were last here. It does that sometimes. Too much magical energy around makes even buildings anxious. One night I opened a door that used to lead to my bedroom and found myself in the toilet with our butler Schuester inside! Believe me, it was not a pretty sight..."

"Altair, please. Mind your manners!"

"I don't blame you, Mr. Emorith. The manor has changed quite a bit since you were last here. It does that sometimes. Too much magical energy around makes even buildings anxious. One night I opened a door that used to lead to my bedroom and found myself in the toilet with our butler Schuester inside! Believe me, it was not a pretty sight..."

Finnegan breaks into uncontrolable laughter until Althior nudges him to stop. "So you have no idea where we are in the manor then?" He turned to Alexis and Benji, whispering. "If he has no idea where we are, we might be on the edge of the manor, giving Violetta a chance to break through the wall if she has the nerve." He turned back to the Ziegfrieds, "Is it possible to move the pedestal away from the walls?"

Finnegan breaks into uncontrolable laughter until Althior nudges him to stop. "So you have no idea where we are in the manor then?" He turned to Alexis and Benji, whispering. "If he has no idea where we are, we might be on the edge of the manor, giving Violetta a chance to break through the wall if she has the nerve." He turned back to the Ziegfrieds, "Is it possible to move the pedestal away from the walls?"

"So you think Violetta can move through walls like a ghost, then? This is the inner-most room within the manor, so it has no outer walls. The pedestal is already in the middle of the room, so there's nowhere else to move it."

"So you think Violetta can move through walls like a ghost, then? This is the inner-most room within the manor, so it has no outer walls. The pedestal is already in the middle of the room, so there's nowhere else to move it."

"I, for one, am ready to take down Violetta. I will be personally protecting your treasure no matter what happens. I feel that there is no chance that Violetta will be able to succeed tonight. But still, be on your guard!"

Benji turns to the other questers.

"I have nothing else to say."

Edited by Flare

"Very well, let us begin the rituals. We've reserved some food and water for you here, and I've woven an extra air current into the room to keep the air fresh, so you should be alright for the night. If you feel the need to use the facilities, please do so now."

When the heroes had prepared themselves, Zelda sealed the door with powerful magic.

heroicaquest33-ziegfriedmanor3.jpg

Then all the heroes could do was wait if anything happened. The enchanted pedestal that encased the Zirconia let out a steady, relaxing hum. This was a good chance for the heroes to discuss how their mutual quest had gone so far, since there was no need to remain quiet.

heroicaquest33-ziegfriedmanor4.jpg

Party:

IMG_0793-1.jpg

Alexis Fenral
(played by Masked Builder) *Party Leader*

Level 19½ Evoker
*Hastened*

Power:
29 (21 for Flute)

Defense:

Health:
25/25

Ether:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockthril Longbow (WP:10, ranged), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Smoke Bomb, Potion, 2 Meads, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Venom, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Bone

Spirits:
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine)

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-Nut)

Level 18 Sage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
28/28

Ether:
24/24

Gold:

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4), Diamond (
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), Skeleton Decoy x2, Potion x2, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

warden_icon.jpg

Benji Carvenhall
(played by Flare)

Level 16½ Warden

Power:
27 (26 for ranged attacks)

Defense:

Health:
31/31

Gold:

Inventory:
Wave Sword (WP:11, cursed effect), Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:10, ranged,
darkness-elemental
ice-elemental
), Armor of the Draugr (max health +2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, 2 Grand Potions, 6 Potions, 3 Venoms, 2 Remedies, 2 Meads, Smelling Salts, 2 Smoke Bombs, Jo-no Tree Seed

Ah, forced RP. Love it! :grin:

Althior paces back and forth, keeping his strong gaze on the Zirconia, thinking. With all it's power, the Ziegfrieds could easily use it against Abraxas, but they hadn't, and if Violetta stole it, they wouldn't. He couldn't let that happen. For all he knew, the gem may be his only hope. He rolled up his sleeve. Being this close to Abraxas was not helping him. He gently started to run his hand along the walls, silently.

OoC: Forced RPing, nice one.

"Good, we managed to get locked in here. Wait, that might not be the best thing..." Alexis looks around the room and takes it all in. She heads over towards the gem and stares at it.

"Hey Althior, have you seen anything like this before?"

"Hey Althior, have you seen anything like this before?"

Althior stopped his pacing to look at the gem. "I've heard rumors, when I was growing up, about gems like this. This is the first time I've ever actually seen one." Althior laid his hand upon the green pillar. His cursed arm started to glow a subtle green, and he pulled it back straight away. "There aren't many gems like this, though there probably is a way to make one, if you have the right pieces." He stared into the swirling colors of the Zirconia, almost hypnotized. He was uneasy within the manor. He'd fought the magicians themselves, had been responsible for the death of one of them, and had gained a curse in the process. The Ziegfrieds were good people, just were tragically cursed. Now with this Gem staring him in the face, he wondered what would go wrong next.

"Perhaps we should stay quiet, and focus on guarding this treasure."

Benji sits near the Zirconia, with his back to the door. He concentrates on guarding the precious jewel, and ignores the chatting.

Edited by Flare

KABOOM!!!

The explosion sent the heroes hurtling to the other side of the room. Smoke filled the room, and bits of wood and clay littered the floor. As the heroes regained their focus, they saw four longish protrusion swaying in front of the hole that had suddenly appeared in the wall.

Benji's eyes immediately shifted to the Zirconia, but there was not a single dent on the pedestal that protected it.

"We did it, pal!" said a voice at the hole. "Now the treasures of the Ziegfrieds are all ours!"

"Woohee, that was fun! Can I do it again, pleeease?" said another, squeakier voice.

Two figures stepped through the rabble into the room. Much to the heroes confusion, two rabbits were standing in front of them, only that the other had a human face.

heroicaquest33-battlebunnyburglar.jpg

heroicaquest33-sidekick.jpg

"Look, Daffyd! It's them Heroica folks we were warned about!"

heroicaquest33-daffyd.jpg

"I see that, Sidekick. Honestly put, I was expecting a tougher looking bunch. Just look at them, all dusty with torn clothes."

"They look like a bomb was dropped on them... Oh wait, it WAS! Hahahahahahahaaa!!!"

The talking rabbit bursted into hysterical laughter, while the man in the bunny costume pointed his sai-daggers at the heroes.

"We're not quite who you were expecting, huh? Well, why leave a cat to do a rabbit's job? Any final words before you fall before the prowess of Daffyd the Bunny Burglar?"

"Prowess?! Hahahaha, that's a load of carrots coming from a guy in a bunny suit! Let me at them, instead. You've never seen such fireworks that Sidekick the Rabbit can provide, hahahahaa!"

Is there anything the heroes want (or even can) say to these whackjobs, or do they just flat-out fight them?

Alexis picks herself up from the ground and then addresses the two "bunnies." "You two wouldn't happen to work for Violetta would you?"

Althior regains his focus and sits up. "Damn it, Altair! I told you these idiot's would try to break through the wall!" Althior turns back to the Bunnies, "There is no way in heaven or earth you getting this gem. I'm guarding it with my life."

QM Note: I assume from earlier statements that Benji will sit out this battle and guard the gem instead.

"Preposterous! We aren't working for Violetta, she is working for us!"

"Come on, Daffyd! Can't we just blow these suckers to smithereens?"

With that, Althior and Alexis encaged the two loudmouthed rabbits.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

Daffyd the Bunny Burglar

Type: Humanoid

Level: 24

Health: 381/381

Special:
Effective Thievery
– Transfers all the target’s effect to himself

Drops: Twin Sai (WP:10, damages two enemies in one hit, suitable to rogues and mages)

Sidekick the Rabbit

Type: Beast

Level: 15

Health: 146/146

Special:
Fireworks
– Sidekick throws 1 to 3 bombs at the opposing party, dealing 5 fire-elemental damage to each opponent regardless of row

Drops: Fire Bomb, Ice Bomb, Thunder Bomb

Party:

IMG_0793-1.jpg

Alexis Fenral
(played by Masked Builder) *Party Leader*

Level 19½ Evoker
*Hastened*

Power:
29 (21 for Flute)

Defense:

Health:
25/25

Ether:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockthril Longbow (WP:10, ranged), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Smoke Bomb, Potion, 2 Meads, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Venom, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Bone

Spirits:
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine)

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-Nut)

Level 18 Sage

Power:

Defense:

Health:
28/28

Ether:
24/24

Gold:

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4), Diamond (
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), Skeleton Decoy x2, Potion x2, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

"Well, she seems like more of a challenge than you two do. I will cast an ice spell against the rabbit from the back row!"

Battle Order:

Althior

Alexis

OoC: You have it correct.