Hinckley

Aqua Raiders Set Review 7772: Lobster Strike

:-D :-D :-D

Great review, thx *y*

Having seen all the AR reviews so far, I don't think I'll get any of the smaller sets. I have my Divers and they just don't fit. I'll wait and see how the station turns out, maybe there's something useful..

may i just say hinckley that i love your reviews!! *wub*

you have a special way of doing them!

so funny!! X-D X-D

Thanks for the review. Comprehensive yet hilarious. :-)

I agree with you on every issue you discussed here. This is the AR set i'm the least excited about so far. 8-|

Thanks so much for this nice review! So I assume there is no detailing in the cockpit whatsoever? I love the comic but what an idiot, "I love fresh crab legs!", Crab??? :-P

The Lobster is cool but the vehical is way to futuristic and stupid, and the center of gravity is way to high to be even slightly realistic; the arms are way to long compared to the rest, I don't think I'll be getting this one.

The only theoretically useful part I see here (more or less) is the red dinosaur tail tip.

So far I have found these sets quite lame, but this one is clearly the worst.

Thanks for the review. ;-) I hate that the cockpit is open, but other than that I love this set! The printed parts are SWEET, and the lobster overall is very cool. Other than the cockpit issue, I like the rover as well, and the cockpit can be fixed by doing a bit of MOCing. :-)

This review is marvelous. Poor little Ken Gavin.... The open cockpit would be o.k. if the driver could wear his diving gear in it. The lobster is beautiful with this printed part on his back. *y*

:-D :-D :-D

Great review, thx *y*

Having seen all the AR reviews so far, I don't think I'll get any of the smaller sets. I have my Divers and they just don't fit. I'll wait and see how the station turns out, maybe there's something useful..

Thanks to everyone for all of the great compliments. I really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks so much for this nice review! So I assume there is no detailing in the cockpit whatsoever? I love the comic but what an idiot, "I love fresh crab legs!", Crab??? :-P

The Lobster is cool but the vehical is way to futuristic and stupid, and the center of gravity is way to high to be even slightly realistic; the arms are way to long compared to the rest, I don't think I'll be getting this one.

Thank you! There is no detailing in the cockpit except for two of these:

298c02.gif

in white.

The vehicle is way off, but great for parts. I would definitely save money for one of the bigger sets: 7774 or 7775. This set is cool but the others seem better. Although I'm a little dissapointed overall with this set I'm still excited about the line.

Thanks for the review. ;-) I hate that the cockpit is open, but other than that I love this set! The printed parts are SWEET, and the lobster overall is very cool. Other than the cockpit issue, I like the rover as well, and the cockpit can be fixed by doing a bit of MOCing. :-)

Thanks for the feedback! I have found simple MOCing for the cockpit more difficult than I originally imagined. I tried to straighten out the cockpit and raise the sides:

7772_mod.jpg

...but I still don't like it. I think my problem is that I just don't like the concept of the rover. I do feel relieved that the cockpit is closed...

Thank you! There is no detailing in the cockpit except for two of these:

298c02.gif

in white.

My pleasure and thanks for the clarification.

The vehicle is way off, but great for parts. I would definitely save money for one of the bigger sets: 7774 or 7775.

That's exactly what I'm doing!

Nice review! I like the fabuland figs intervention, really fun and... horrible (poor gaving!)

The lobster looks really nice, I want it! And for the rover, well, the opened cokpit is bad...

If I buy this set, it will be only for the lobster and the blue crital *wub* !

Maybe the rover will be turned in a buiding vehicles.

Nice review! I like the fabuland figs intervention, really fun and... horrible (poor gaving!)

The lobster looks really nice, I want it! And for the rover, well, the opened cokpit is bad...

If I buy this set, it will be only for the lobster and the blue crital *wub* !

Maybe the rover will be turned in a buiding vehicles.

Don't worry. Gavin has the uncanny ability to bounce back...

If you like LEGO creatures and the look of the lobster, I definately recommend this set, especially if you're content for just using the rover for parts. It has some pretty cool parts, including the second wave batmobile wheels in light bley, 33 1/3 1 x 1 slopes in trans-white and black exo-force robot arms.

If this sounds good to you, then it is definitely worth the $20.

Thanks and I'm glad you liked the review.

I think my problem is that I just don't like the concept of the rover.

Good, I'm not the only one. It seems Lego couldn't think up another yellow sub for this set. :) A rover on the ocean floor? Doesn't make sense.

And I like the lobster. It seems Lego cares more about the animals than anything else in this line. Not to say that the subs are bad, but the animals seem better than the sub parts in these sets.

Good, I'm not the only one. It seems Lego couldn't think up another yellow sub for this set. :) A rover on the ocean floor? Doesn't make sense.

And I like the lobster. It seems Lego cares more about the animals than anything else in this line. Not to say that the subs are bad, but the animals seem better than the sub parts in these sets.

Agreed! However the sub in 7774 and the station in 7775 seem like great builds, but I also got the feeling that they were plain out of realistic ideas for 7772 and came up with that wacky rover. :-|

Nice review. *y*

I already ordered one in the mail and I can't wait to get it.

Thanks dill!

By the way, why do you call yourself the pill if you're always so positive and upbeat? I don't think you're a pill at all...

Agreed! However the sub in 7774 and the station in 7775 seem like great builds, but I also got the feeling that they were plain out of realistic ideas for 7772 and came up with that wacky rover. :-|

The sub in 7774 is the main part of the set, the animal is secondary. In this set, the one with the blue fish it's clear that the subs are just there to hold the line together. :)