Sign in to follow this  
Zach Mills

Tomb of the Druid

After a few hours traveling through the mist, we docked by a small Island. Victor was first off the ship, followed by part of the crew. As far as I knew, they were going to set up a fire, and pass the time with a few bottles of mead.

It had been a week since me and the Assassin had left Albion. We had rode our horses to the coast, and then hired a crew of sailors lead by a captain going by the name of Serpent. An odd fellow, but one of the few who had the experience to travel through the mystic isles. The Assassin had heard of a location in the mystic isles where one of the last of the ancient druids had supposedly been laid to rest. He figured the since the druids had created these magical artifacts, that they would likely want to make sure they kept a watch over them. If that means what I think it means, then consider me intrigued.

The captain had decided to go with me and the Assassin. I still don't believe he ever knew what he got himself into. We headed up the hill by the beach side, and then made out way to the bottom of the valley on the opposing side. not too far away, we could see a flickering light. as we made our way closer, the shape of a large stone slab unfolded in the mist. This was what we had been looking for. The druids tomb lay in the middle of a cobbled circle, with a broken archway drooping above it. On the other side was a small green crystal sitting on a pedestal, with a long flame weaving it's way around it.

'There it is!' the captain yelled with excitement, and he made his way to the Pedestal. Before I could say anything, he reached out to grab it, and his lifeless body was hurled into the air. an coil of energy burst from the crystal, breaking the slab where the druid was resting. What was inside began to glow, and then shot high into the air. Seconds later, it came back down straight into the heart of the Captain, who began to stir.

From that point it was obvious what was happening. I drew my Sword, and The assassin knocked an arrow to his bow. And so it began...

7186118496_55b606f737_c.jpg

I climbed on top of the ruined tomb, hoping to get a height advantage over the captain. He as no small man, so I couldn't rely on strength.

'You dare awaken me from my slumber!' boomed a voice that did not belong to the captain. The talented sailor was no longer with us. Instead, he was replaced by an Ancient spirit, thrust into a new world.

7186113764_3fd953b4d2_c.jpg

I kicked off part of the ruin arch, hurling myself at him. As we both went down, Victor placed a well positioned arrow through his eye. I quickly got to my feet , and jammed by blade through his shoulder. He roared in pain, and took a swing at me with his free hand, that knocked me down, and damned near unconscious. The assassin put another arrow through him, pinning his arm to his ribcage. with a numb head, I threw my foot out at him, making him stagger slightly. Victor took the opportunity to put an arrow through his heart, ending him permanently.

Victor helped me up. 'Now now, all that experience with a sword, and all that you can muster is a kick? He said sarcastically. He was right though, without him, I would have ended up a bloody heap. The flame that guarded the Crystal had now vanished. Hesitantly, I picked it up.

7186115380_70acfdf7ef_c.jpg

'All this fuss over you?' I said to myself. It was a pretty little thing. Perhaps when the guild masters had done with them, I might be able to convince them to let me keep it, as a trophy of this event. The assassin was removing his arrows from the captain. 'We cant leave him here' he said, and I wholeheartedly agreed. 'I don't have a clue how to explain this to the crew' I said nervously. 'We will need their help to recover the body' Victor said, and it dawned on me that we had essentially killed him.

After a heated discussion, we recovered the captain, and set sail for the homeland. It was time to head home, and get some rest. Things are bound to get more interesting from here. The wizard had made mention of a werewolf roaming in Darkwood forest that he wanted me to investigate, but that is a story for another day.

If you have made it this far, I thank you for sticking by me wholeheartedly! Not a particularly good build, with a story to match. I had more photos, but didn't check them properly, and so I was reduced to three usable ones. And I honestly could not come up with a good ending to the story, so you will have to forgive me for that too.

Basically, I'm sorry for this uninspired mess. I promise that the next one will be better. :classic:

My apologies if there is any spelling mistakes or the like. I don't have time to proofread now, as I am about to cook my mother her favorite seafood dish.

I think it is good you entered it, even if it isn't your best work. The rockwork works nicely and the story fits well :thumbup:

Your photos and posing of the minifigs were great.

It small but you have the outline of a good story.

and good job entering, every little bit helps!

Nice little build , I like the ring of fire and the cape does look godd on the mill village raid torso! The only thing I would change is the rock, the crack in the middel is a great touch but now it also shows the back side of the bricks it does bother me a little bit! Other than that keep up the good work!

Some great photos here ZM!! Great fighting and minifigure posing as well! Great to see that you enter the contest! :classic:

Even though you only came away with three photos, they are framed really well with the figures and very clear and detailed. I think you did a great job with them.

I have to tell myself this too - the only way to improve is to keep building, so keep up the good work!

Your entry might be small, but as Erynlasgalen says, it is well presented, which helps a lot. I also enjoyed your short story to go with it. I'm glad you found the time to make an entry for the challenge, kudos to you for that! :classic:

Awesome entry, small but detailed

great photos and story :thumbup:

=Legonardo=