Just out of curiosity, what is illegal building techniques? Non-LEGO parts?

Using LEGO parts, connecting them in a way that put a stress on them, forcing them to bend, twist or compress.

That will be an interesting problem. A big portion of the reason this model got so many votes is exactly because of how complex it is. Dumbing it down removes much of the incentive for buying it. If it was just a 9398 with a different body then it misses the point. When this gets to 10,000' I hope they try really hard to keep it as close to the design as possible. It is especially important to save the transmission. Of course, we know that they can't keep the Land Rover body because of licensing issues.

I think Lego is compelled to keep the entire Land Rover theme since that is what initially helped push the model through it's introduction as it was featured all over the internet on many autoblogs and auto websites including Toyota's own Land Rover one and most were linking to the Cuusoo site... So you had Toyota fans supporting primarily on the project name alone...

As with the Winchster that got rejected, when asked why they couldn't just change the name to something else and enter into the Monster Fighters series, the response was something along the lines of "That wasn't what got it the support and it wouldn't be fair to the fans that supported it based on that theme" or something along those lines...

Also, I can't see Lego using the current driving rings in any motorized gearbox(or for a motorized clutch in this case) because there is just to much room for failure with them(slipping, breaking, and most especially wearing out)... I am hoping in the future that Lego does introduce some new transmission parts that are designed stronger and more reliable...

Edited by Paul Boratko

...and auto websites including Toyota's own Land Rover one and most were linking to the Cuusoo site... So you had Toyota fans supporting primarily on the project name alone...

Toyota? Are you sure you didn't confuse it with the Land Cruiser or do I miss something? :wink:

I think if this idea is rejected, it will be because of it's complexity. I hope it doesn't, that would be the second project I supported that's cancelled (although the first one (Western Town) with a different reason)...

Toyota? Are you sure you didn't confuse it with the Land Cruiser or do I miss something? :wink:

I think if this idea is rejected, it will be because of it's complexity. I hope it doesn't, that would be the second project I supported that's cancelled (although the first one (Western Town) with a different reason)...

LOL.. Yeah, NIX that Toyota staement.. :laugh: During my post Toyota came out because of the similarities in the names.. I had just remembered that there were quite a few major automobile websites(and also dozens of smaller ones) that were featuring this model back in May, including the main Land Rover websites...

Edited by Paul Boratko

I finished the digital files some weeks ago...

Sin+t%25C3%25ADtulo1.jpg

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo2.jpg

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo3.jpg

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo4.jpg

Sin+t%C3%ADtulo5.jpg

But now I must wait to Jurgen, because he is making the PDFs

Finally the model has around 3200 parts... more than I thought... :grin: :grin:

Looking very much forward to this!

Will you sell it through Paul's website?

Have you gotten an estimate on when the instructions will be completed?

Thanks!;-)

I think it might be difficult for TLG to release the entire car as single set. It will be huge and price will put off many potential buyers.

What they might do is to release it in multiple sets. One for just the chassis (with all mechanical parts, of course) and one optional set for just the body shell. Then instructions of how to add motors.

I can smell some other conspiracy theory as well. This car packed almost all features one can ever imagine into a single car. If a single set becomes this good, TLG will find very difficult in the future to lure customers into buying their sets with inferior features because it will lead to buyers' comments like "ah, that Landrover released last year was far better".

I don't want to sound pessimistic (I'd love to see this set as released) but TLG's comment already hinted that, this car, in its entirety is unlikely to be an official set. If TLG dumbs it down then it will be a shame. This Landrover is the best because of its complexity and discarding any single feature will be sacrilege.

The aim of Cuusoo is to keep the hype about Lego (which will push their sales) and not to prove general public can make better models than Lego designers.

On LEGO CUUSOO, Sheepo's Land Rover 110 model has 8,816 Supporters (currently) -- only 1,184 more to reach the 10,000-supporter threshold! :cry_happy: It reached 5,000 supporters 5 months ago, 6,000 supporters 3 months ago, 7,000 supporters 2 months ago, and 8,000 supporters 1 month ago. At this rate, it should reach 10,000 supporters in March 2013 sometime. If you haven't done so already, consider lending your "support" on that LEGO CUUSOO webpage.

thumb640x360.jpg

wow, together with Jennifer Clarks Pneumatic-Excavator this is the most astonishing Lego technic model i have ever seen..

20 EUR is a lot for some instructions, in my opinion at least. I would have expected something like 10 EUR. I do understand the price, though. I know how much work some instructions can cost... :sweet:

Anyway, thanks for the instructions :thumbup: , but I´m not going to buy them now, maybe later.

Thanks Sheepo and Jurgen!

I'm glad to see you've been so successful on Cuusoo. I remember when you posted this project. I was one of the first supporters. It looks like you're well on your way now to reaching the 10,000 vote goal. Congratulations!

i like the idea of a landy model, but what is the parts list?? how much do all the parts cost for a static model without power functions remote control?? is a kit available with all the bits? and if so how much??

I appears that I already have 97.2% *huh*

I thought I would've way less to build the model...