Sign in to follow this  
TheKingOfBuilding

MOC: Santa Fe Super Chief + 4 Cars

7182555972_45f78966d2_z.jpg

I've always wanted the Lego Santa Fe set ever since I saw it. Trouble was, I saw it last year when obviously it cost well over £100 on Bricklink which was way too expensive for one engine. Recently I remembered about the Chief and decided to just go and build it along with some of the cars all of which 8 studs wide. So, heres my first Lego train MOC, the Santa Fe Super Chief!

7182555976_7d84936eff.jpg

I'll show you the train starting with the engine. This was the first part of the train I built which i think turned out pretty well.

7182556006_9d268366bb.jpg

The first car is the resturant/dining car, having the same exterior design as the sleeping car.

7182556108_1e435359b4.jpg

Next is the famous Pleasure Dome car, including the pleasure dome, some seating and a bar.

7182556600_085bacde8d.jpg

After the pleasure dome, you find a rather important carrige; the sleeping car. I'll tell you what, fitting a private compartment AND a walkway wide enough for a minifigure in a 6-wide space is a pain, although that being said I did manage to fit a nice little fold-up bed in the room.

7182620712_56d00191a8.jpg

The last car is the sleek observation car, with the rounded end which came out quite smoothly.

7182556120_abb6a2b06a.jpg

Click here to watch a video of the Super Chief driving on a layout!

I hope you liked my 8-wide Santa Fe and all comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome!

Edited by TheKingOfBuilding

A great use of pieces; although for the scale I think the nose of the locomotive is slightly too short. Certainly the 8 wide looks good.

I love the sleeping car... I had tried a few times to accomplish something similar and make some sort of hallway inside the carriage. If I had done it like you, I would have felt completely satisfied.

Kudos for the good design, and thanks for sharing. :thumbup: