Lego Otaku

Review for 9470 Shelob Attacks

Good review. When I bought this set I got it just for the minifigs but, after I bought it, just like you, I really liked the rest of it as well. The spider is just awesome and you get so many unique accessories and parts. :classic:

Isn't one of Shelob's eyes shut because Sam stabbed it out with sting. I know that happened in the movie I can't remember if that happened in the book or not.

Isn't one of Shelob's eyes shut because Sam stabbed it out with sting. I know that happened in the movie I can't remember if that happened in the book or not.

Actually, that's her deformed face that was already that way before she met the hobbits.

7462.Shelob_5F00_dg.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Actually, that's her deformed face that was already that way before she met the hobbits.

*snip*

Good GOD man, that scared the living daylights out of me. :laugh:

Looks like I'll be picking this one up as well...apparently, Lord of the Rings is going to be a VERY expensive set for me. :laugh:

Good GOD man, that scared the living daylights out of me. :laugh:

Hahah, sorry.

If it's any consolation, it was a scary google search for me. :laugh:

The dark beige pieces would be better if they were in black or brown to not clash with everything else.

Here's some nice classic John Howe art to go with the set :classic:

800px-John_Howe_-_Sam_and_Shelob.jpg

All we're missing from the art is Gollum lurking somewhere in the cave.

Visit this thread (titled Cheap Unlimited Lego Rope) if you find you don't have enough white rope :wink:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71349&st=0&gopid=1349110entry1349110

whitestring1.jpg

I could easily web a party of 12 dwarves with this! :thumbup:

Yes, 12 dwarves, not 13 -

Thorin was captured by the Elves while the rest of the dwarves were captured by the spiders.

Edited by SheepEater

First: Thank you for the great review.

I got the set today. I really like the minifigs (as always), except for Gollum. Gollum could be a little more "playable", though designed pretty good.

I really like the spider build. Though building the legs is a bit repetetive. But it's the result that counts. I put it on the wall to hang down.

The only thing, that I really hate, is, that I only got one spare "The One Ring". So now I have two, where others have three :cry3:

Edited by Balrog

Nice review. Got this set some time last month and it is a great and very nicely priced set with a great & super articulated brick-built spider and three solid figures; perhaps the best value in the line so far.

There is still one thing that bothers me a bit: why didn't LEGO have a white shirt & suspenders-only torso for Frodo in this set (since he didn't have his vest or jacket at this point in the movie); the Indiana Jones minifig had, If I'm not missing one, three different torsoes (regular with jacket, without jacket and the white tuxedo) and Jack Sparrow had two (with jacket and without jacket; he even got two hairpieces, one with hat and one without) so it felt a bit cheap for Lego to just use same Frodo torso from the Weathertop set.

Edited by DarkFader

the Indiana Jones minifig had, If I'm not missing one, three different torsoes (regular with jacket, without jacket and the white tuxedo)

You are missing one, Dr. Jone's suit torso from the Venice Chase set :wink:

That's why I put "If I'm not missing one" in the post; it felt like if I was gonna miss one which I did.

So what do you guys think about Frodo not getting a scene-specific torso in this set and getting the same one as in Weathertop?