Sign in to follow this  
goldfish

Mos Eisley Cantina MOC

indexed.gif

Hi,

I guess this will have been done a few times, but this is my take on the Mos Eisley Cantina. My aim was to still give it a fun feel so it could be used as a genuine playset and alternative place for displaying minifigures (with refreshments). It's currently undergoing a thorough examination of this test with my young daughter!

On a serious note, I have for some time wanted the original Lego Mos Eisley set (4501) to be re-made on a slightly bigger scale, so I have also popped on Cuusoo as I couldn't see any other brick built examples on there. If you're interested in looking or supporting, just search on 'Cantina'.

Thanks for looking!

rich

Edited by goldfish

Looks great, and yeah I wish they would release a nice new version of that set. Something bigger with a ton of figs.

One weird detail from the actual scene that is somewhat easy to sort of re create in Lego. In ep IV, behind the bar is this sort of complicated looking "expresso machine" type thing. A tall tapered cylander with details. This part would be re used in ep V to become the head of IG88. So the head of an assassin droid works well as a bar detail.

Really nice job!

I hope you have given the idea to the LEGO-company, as I personally think we are getting to little of Starwars buildings. And this one is ready for the shelf´s!!! Simply love it...

On 5/13/2012 at 7:08 PM, Koptokaff said:

Really nice job!

I hope you have given the idea to the LEGO-company, as I personally think we are getting to little of Starwars buildings. And this one is ready for the shelf´s!!! Simply love it...

Thanks for all the kind comments. 

Edited by goldfish