DarthSion

LEGO Lord of the Rings

In the gamestop webpage it still doesn't mentions Gandalf the White with the pre-order :hmpf_bad:

Not thats its been announced for sure yet.....

I'm not pre-ordering anything unless I am guaranteed to get a minifig. It has to be advertised; that way if I don't get it I have a recourse.

I'm not pre-ordering anything unless I am guaranteed to get a minifig. It has to be advertised; that way if I don't get it I have a recourse.

I'm with you. I was considering pre-ordering it, but until I see the fig and know I'll get one, I'm not doing anything. I'm guessing we'll see it advertised in mid to late August, closer to the actual release of the game. I'm getting more excited about the Gandalf the White fig than I am about the game! :laugh:

I coud swear I found a site with it for preorder (with mystery gift)? I will do some research and get back to you. :classic:

Edited by The Joker1

I dont think it is agood idea to pre-order the game unless it has a exclusive, I'm sure they won't run out.

I always found it's best to be patient with games. Not only are they more than half cheaper after less than a year, but many times some bugs have been found and fixed, so you're getting a better, updated version.

So amazon.de has posted an special edition of the game with an Elrond minifig, this probably means we are not getting Gandalf though.

When exactly is the release date for this game? I'd like to know when I need to shell out the money...I'll be paying full price because I want that Elrond fig. :laugh: No sales for me! :cry_sad:

When exactly is the release date for this game? I'd like to know when I need to shell out the money...I'll be paying full price because I want that Elrond fig. :laugh: No sales for me! :cry_sad:

Last day of 2012 according to EB Games

Edited by Ceroknight

Well that exculsive figure has confirmed to me that I'm preordering the game. I'm so happy LEGO added voices to the game it really immerses me more into it.

I'm so happy LEGO added voices to the game it really immerses me more into it.

I'm really happy as well, the best thing is that this are the voices from the movie :grin:

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

So amazon.de has posted an special edition of the game with an Elrond minifig, this probably means we are not getting Gandalf though.

So does this mean there were be a version of the game where you can buy it, and the Elrond fig is included, akin to the Luke and Han ceremonial figures, or that like usual it had to be pre-ordered?

So does this mean there were be a version of the game where you can buy it, and the Elrond fig is included, akin to the Luke and Han ceremonial figures, or that like usual it had to be pre-ordered?

Yeah its included in the special edition of the game, might just be available on amazon.

Yeah its included in the special edition of the game, might just be available on amazon.

Do you know if Elrond will be available with the DS version? I really want that Minifigure, and that's the system I buy LEGO games on. Also, could somebody post the link to the game with Elrond? :sweet:

I've just been rewatching the LOTR films, and it got me thinking: wouldn't it be really cool if LEGO hired a company and got the rights to make the LOTR trilogy, shot for shot, as animated LEGO films? I think it would be really cool to be able to watch the three LOTR extended editions as LEGO films. It's a shame that this game will unlikely cover a lot of great scenes.

Edited by Fives

I've just been rewatching the LOTR films, and it got me thinking: wouldn't it be really cool if LEGO hired a company and got the rights to make the LOTR trilogy, shot for shot, as animated LEGO films? I think it would be really cool to be able to watch the three LOTR extended editions as LEGO films. It's a shame that this game will unlikely cover a lot of great scenes.

I think that'd be a fantastic idea (though highly unlikely). In fact, the other day I was thinking about what I'd like to do during my retirement...I'd love to recreate an entire movie, such as LOTR, as a brickfilm. Not exactly what you suggested, but still awesome.

I think that'd be a fantastic idea (though highly unlikely). In fact, the other day I was thinking about what I'd like to do during my retirement...I'd love to recreate an entire movie, such as LOTR, as a brickfilm. Not exactly what you suggested, but still awesome.

A brick film would be amazing, but the way I see it is that LEGO got the rights to all of the dialogue, music, sound effects and so on to make the video game. So, if they have access to all that, they could just remake the films, shot for shot, and remove the game side of things. It would be absolutely amazing, although it would take a long time for them to design everything, make all the characters (with alternate outfits) as LEGO Minifigs, and get all the shots to look as close to the live action films as possible. In the end, it would not be a smart idea for LEGO to embark on such a project, but it would be ridiculously awesome nonetheless.

A brick film would be amazing, but the way I see it is that LEGO got the rights to all of the dialogue, music, sound effects and so on to make the video game. So, if they have access to all that, they could just remake the films, shot for shot, and remove the game side of things. It would be absolutely amazing, although it would take a long time for them to design everything, make all the characters (with alternate outfits) as LEGO Minifigs, and get all the shots to look as close to the live action films as possible. In the end, it would not be a smart idea for LEGO to embark on such a project, but it would be ridiculously awesome nonetheless.

A more efficient idea would for Lego to animate may 4-5 memorable scenes from each movie, using all the original dialogue, and then post them online. A full movie would be too tedious.

A brick film would be amazing, but the way I see it is that LEGO got the rights to all of the dialogue, music, sound effects and so on to make the video game.

Lego doesen't have the rights to use the dialogue/sounds/music, TT does. Lego doesent make the games. TT a studio owned by WB does, WB owns all the hobbit/lotr live-action movies.

Also, we should expect more gameplaye and screenshots and another trailer, after or during gamescom, wich is next week.

Edited by deskp