DarthSion

LEGO Lord of the Rings

The one thing I'm really interested in is seeing how they tackle all the separate story lines that happen simultaneously, specifically during ROTK. I remember seeing that during Gandalf's fight with the Balrog, the second player can take control of the rest of the Fellowship and flee Moria. But, will that be the same for when Frodo and Sam meet Gollum while the Three Hunters enter Rohan? Or when the Fellowship stands at the Black Gate while Frodo and Sam reach Mount Doom? I'm really excited to see how they do all of this!

I figure they'd do separate levels in that case. Something similar to the official ROTK game.

After the first level of that game, the "level tree" started to split up. You had to select which of the levels you wanted to play,

and if you completed that level you could go further in the selected character group's journey - so Gandalf's journey and that of the Hobbits were separated. If you did a level featuring Gandalf, then you couldn't go to the next Hobbit level, but just his.

I don't know if they'll do it this way, because there would have to be many levels, but if they did it would make for a longer game, which should be good.

If they don't do it like that, then I'm sure it will be fine regardless.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

I figure they'd do separate levels in that case. Something similar to the official ROTK game.

After the first level of that game, the "level tree" started to split up. You had to select which of the levels you wanted to play,

and if you completed that level you could go further in the selected character group's journey - so Gandalf's journey and that of the Hobbits were separated. If you did a level featuring Gandalf, then you couldn't go to the next Hobbit level, but just his.

I don't know if they'll do it this way, because there would have to be many levels, but if they did it would make for a longer game, which should be good.

If they don't do it like that, then I'm sure it will be fine regardless.

~ General Magma

I'm very familiar with the official ROTK game. I don't think that isthe way they will go about this game, though, if they want to keep it open world.

I'm very familiar with the official ROTK game. I don't think that isthe way they will go about this game, though, if they want to keep it open world.

the open world part is just the hub with some side missions, the actual levels will be like in previous lego games.

the open world part is just the hub with some side missions, the actual levels will be like in previous lego games.

It seemed to me like they were doing a massive, full-scale version of what they were doing with LEGO Indy 2.

It seemed to me like they were doing a massive, full-scale version of what they were doing with LEGO Indy 2.

I havent played indy 2, but I'd say the open world aspect is more like batman 2, Walk the world btween levels example:

Play a hobbiton level, when finished youre in the open world and can walk to the place in the world that has the next level, for example buckleberry ferry or Bree and start a new level.

I havent played indy 2, but I'd say the open world aspect is more like batman 2, Walk the world btween levels example:

Play a hobbiton level, when finished youre in the open world and can walk to the place in the world that has the next level, for example buckleberry ferry or Bree and start a new level.

I love the sound of that. That is similar to what I had imagined would be perfect. Lots of hubs connected all together by the roads the characters take.

I love the sound of that. That is similar to what I had imagined would be perfect. Lots of hubs connected all together by the roads the characters take.

Yeah, but you can walk outside of the roads aswell (if you meant literal roads)

One of the devs boosted thay they've created the whole middle earth map... wich propably just means the parts that were used in the 3 movies. so no mirkwood and lake town in this game is my guess.

Yeah, but you can walk outside of the roads aswell (if you meant literal roads)

One of the devs boosted thay they've created the whole middle earth map... wich propably just means the parts that were used in the 3 movies. so no mirkwood and lake town in this game is my guess.

I really hope they, once they have covered both Hobbit films in game form, make one big game that covers all of the Hobbit and LOTR. Have all of Middle-Earth explorable, so the Three Hunters could fight at the Trollshaw, or Thorin and Co. could battle at Minas Tirith.

What would be really cool is if, at certain hub areas such as Minas Tirith or Helm's Deep, they have random orcs attacking all the time, so when you're there, you can fight guys instead of just running around hitting buckets and buying guys. it would be cool if these places could have a constant battle going on, so you could spend some time just hacking away at orcs and gathering studs. Just an idea...

I really hope they, once they have covered both Hobbit films in game form, make one big game that covers all of the Hobbit and LOTR. Have all of Middle-Earth explorable, so the Three Hunters could fight at the Trollshaw, or Thorin and Co. could battle at Minas Tirith.

What would be really cool is if, at certain hub areas such as Minas Tirith or Helm's Deep, they have random orcs attacking all the time, so when you're there, you can fight guys instead of just running around hitting buckets and buying guys. it would be cool if these places could have a constant battle going on, so you could spend some time just hacking away at orcs and gathering studs. Just an idea...

In potc game the baddies would attack good guys randomly if they were together. There will propably be orc camps or you can walk into mordor and kill all the orcs you want... or be a bad guy and kill good guys.. or kill your fellow good guys... you get studs either way I think!

Yeah I hope we get a lotr+hobbit game like they did with all of star wars, characther galore! :D

I havent played Batman 2, but it sounds to me like the same concept used in Indy 2.

I havent played Batman 2, but it sounds to me like the same concept used in Indy 2.

Did they have sidequests in the open world part?

The world will surely be much bigger in lotr.

Did they have sidequests in the open world part?

The world will surely be much bigger in lotr.

I meant the concepts of Indy 2 and Batman 2 seemed the same. For the record, though, Indy 2 has bonus levels scattered around the world hubs, which could be similar to side-quests.

Does anybody knows if the game will have a hub. I think it would be really fun if it was Hobbiton.

Yes the hub will be all of middle earth visited in lotr. Places within the map like Minas tirith and rivendell will also be hub-like with elven smiths and such to "craft" objects for mithril etc.

I've been insanely excited for this game, but I never got around to watching any trailers until yesterday (clicked COMING SOON option on Lego Batman 2). Looks great! Although I'm quite dissapointed that they used burping for humor in the Balrog scene. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by purpleparadox

I've been insanely excited for this game, but I never got around to watching any trailers until yesterday (clicked COMING SOON option on Lego Batman 2). Looks great! Although I'm quite dissapointed that they used burping for humor in the Balrog scene. :hmpf_bad:

burping humor is kinda lame, but their execution of it didn't do it any favors, even tho its burping it coulda been better.

Did anyone notice that they fixed the Hobbit feet to make them bare feet like they are supposed to be? The minifigs of the Hobbits have just the solid color pants, but in this game they have the skin color feet. It looks kind of weird, but is awesome at the same time. I wish they would have thought of that for the minifigs.

Did anyone notice that they fixed the Hobbit feet to make them bare feet like they are supposed to be? The minifigs of the Hobbits have just the solid color pants, but in this game they have the skin color feet. It looks kind of weird, but is awesome at the same time. I wish they would have thought of that for the minifigs.

Yes quite a few people did notice that. I would never expect to see it on the minifigures, that's just too much detail to expect from LEGO.

Yeah, they can't print on the sides of the legs, or at least not easily (It was done for some of the CMF's, but it's a different location, process etc) In the videogame, it makes sense, because the bare feet are one of the distinct features of the hobbits, and it is easy enough to implement.

These trailers actually get me excited about playing a Lego Game again, the last one I played was the very first Lego Star Wars game... I may pick this one up.

I think this game will be nearly impossible to complete by a 100%. :sceptic:

The only Lego game I've completed by a 100% was Harry Potter Years 1-4 and it took me at least half a year. :thumbup:

I think this game will be nearly impossible to complete by a 100%. :sceptic:

The only Lego game I've completed by a 100% was Harry Potter Years 1-4 and it took me at least half a year. :thumbup:

Really? Wow, I've gotten 100% on all of my LEGO games. This one can't be much harder.

Do you belive in the possibility of an exclusive minifig with preorder? It would be awesome.

There is, certainly, a possibility of that happening - LEGO Batman 2 had it as well, I believe.

I only wonder what it could be... Anything they wouldn't try to fit into future sets at all, I'd guess.

~ General Magma

There is, certainly, a possibility of that happening - LEGO Batman 2 had it as well, I believe.

I only wonder what it could be... Anything they wouldn't try to fit into future sets at all, I'd guess.

~ General Magma

Possibly an Arwen in her green Coronation dress from the end of ROTK. That would be a nice figure to have.