DarthSion

LEGO Lord of the Rings

Really glad I'm not the only person who's disappointed by that. :sceptic:

This game still is aimed for younger kids. Even though it is lame, they need to try to make it somewhat light-hearted. That said, I think that with the dialogue, the silly things that were abundant in previous LEGO games will be less prominent in this one.

Speaking of the lines, I really dislike this decision by TLG. There was so much more potential for humor without the spoken lines.

A big part of why I liked the lego harry potter games was the inventive and humorous way they handled the story without saying anything. Some scenes are pure brilliance.

On the other hand they had to cut quite a few corners because there weren't any spoken lines. So maybe having some lines at key points will work out fine, I'll hold judgement untill I know more. :classic:

It seems I was right about the game only being the three movies. But the gameplay looks good as always! I can't wait till I can get that demo. :wub:

That Balrog fight looks amazing! And the cutscenes are just fantastic! iLife the dialogue. I'm really glad that it seems that most of the silly, slapstick humor from the past games seems to be gone.

I don't want to spam videos here but here the first proper footage of

, including the Cave Troll Battle

Thanks, some proper and long footage, looks good even thos this stage is a little bit too "fixed" in what you need to do and with what characther.

Interesting in hearing if the whole map theyve made is a map or a terrain.

Hoping it'll be an open world hub like batman 2.

edit: it will be an open world, or a locked world that opens as you progress your journey.

Edited by deskp

Is there any date of release for the demo? I unfortunately only have a Wii, so I can't play it myself, but I would ove to see the whole level played through without an interview happening simultaneously.

Is there any date of release for the demo? I unfortunately only have a Wii, so I can't play it myself, but I would ove to see the whole level played through without an interview happening simultaneously.

Gamespot has a demo showing the whole moria bit from the entrance to after they kill the troll, there is interview aswell but they show almost only gameplay.

As for not featured in the movie characthers I'd want: The elf twins.

Edited by deskp

When voice acting was revealed for Batman 2 I was sceptical, but very much reserving judgement; the sole line we got in the trailer (The Joker's "Where does he get these unbreakable toys") was delivered well, and funny. They brought in voice actors so I remained hopeful that they could adapt the trademark humour of the other games to make it work.

However, if they are simply pulling the voices for LOTR from the films, what license do they have for original dialogue? Will they just be cut-and-pasted lines from the films? If so, I can't see how they're going to capture the spirit of the previous games. I still have faith in Tt to deliver, but as a huge fan of the games I'm worried about this direction they're taking :sceptic:

When voice acting was revealed for Batman 2 I was sceptical, but very much reserving judgement; the sole line we got in the trailer (The Joker's "Where does he get these unbreakable toys") was delivered well, and funny. They brought in voice actors so I remained hopeful that they could adapt the trademark humour of the other games to make it work.

However, if they are simply pulling the voices for LOTR from the films, what license do they have for original dialogue? Will they just be cut-and-pasted lines from the films? If so, I can't see how they're going to capture the spirit of the previous games. I still have faith in Tt to deliver, but as a huge fan of the games I'm worried about this direction they're taking :sceptic:

I think the voice over for LOTR will be the best thing about it. In every video I've watched about the game from E3, Nick Ricks has emphasized how important the story was in the development of the game. I think that LOTR is too complex a story to relay in LEGO form without the original film dialogue. Also, kids who will be introduced to LOTR through this game will have a better chance of fully understanding the story with the dialogue. I've always felt that with the previous LEGO games there was always a lack of rich story telling, although it was humorous. I'm happy we are finally getting a LEGO game that depicts a film more like a film, rather than a bunch of levels that depicts some key scenes from the movie.

I'm not a fan of the voice acting. It... I don't know.. Ruins the charmingness of it?

In LEGO Star Wars I could tell what was happening just by facial expressions and movements. I knew how the scenes played out. But in LotR it's just weird. It takes me out of it, it's like 'oh LEGO Elijah Wood is speaking, that's nice.'

(That'd why the LEGO movie will be bad, I don't want Katy perry or reality TV star #45 voice a Minifigure, it just doesn't work.)

The official Lego site says that the game will have over 60 characters :cry_happy:

Because there will be 80.

I found some info quite interesting:

- anything you see has been build by LEGO bricks prior to making the video game. So that means the balrog seen in the demo is on somebody's desktop. Wonder if you could recreate it...

- Boromir has the Horn of Gondor which he can use to stun opponents

- Boromir also has his shield which he can use to become temporarily invincible

- anything you see has been build by LEGO bricks prior to making the video game. So that means the balrog seen in the demo is on somebody's desktop. Wonder if you could recreate it...

Boromir's powers sound really useful! I bet they will make use of those abilities at Amon Hen, maybe helping Merry and Pippin escape while he fends of the Uruks, until they reach where he gets killed by Lurtz.

The one thing I'm really interested in is seeing how they tackle all the separate story lines that happen simultaneously, specifically during ROTK. I remember seeing that during Gandalf's fight with the Balrog, the second player can take control of the rest of the Fellowship and flee Moria. But, will that be the same for when Frodo and Sam meet Gollum while the Three Hunters enter Rohan? Or when the Fellowship stands at the Black Gate while Frodo and Sam reach Mount Doom? I'm really excited to see how they do all of this!

The one thing I'm really interested in is seeing how they tackle all the separate story lines that happen simultaneously, specifically during ROTK. I remember seeing that during Gandalf's fight with the Balrog, the second player can take control of the rest of the Fellowship and flee Moria. But, will that be the same for when Frodo and Sam meet Gollum while the Three Hunters enter Rohan? Or when the Fellowship stands at the Black Gate while Frodo and Sam reach Mount Doom? I'm really excited to see how they do all of this!

Good point! I'm also looking forward to use all "non-fitting" characters and geek all-star teams after unlocking them. Playing the Witch-King to smash some nazgul, riding into battle as Radagast on Gwaihir, teaming-up Elrond, Galadriel and Gandalf etc...

I also wonder if larger figures will be playable (cave troll, Sauron?) and how fighting from horse backs will work (if it's included).

Boromir's powers sound really useful! I bet they will make use of those abilities at Amon Hen, maybe helping Merry and Pippin escape while he fends of the Uruks, until they reach where he gets killed by Lurtz.

Well in Lego Star Wars 3, you could play with two players, but be in another area in story mode. So i think they will be doing te same. Or it will be a cutscene.

I think directly connected events will be split screen like SW3. black gate and mouth doom might be split, while two towers frodo group and Aragorn group will be diferent levels seeing as what they are doing have no relation.

I don't think every level will be split btween 2 groups but rather split btween for example. Gimli+aragorn at helms deep gate while Legolas is on the wall.

Source??

Edited by deskp

Just preordered my copy of Lego batman 2 at gamestop and they asked me if I wanted to preorder Lego LOTR. Some more info here. I don't think anyone's posted the gamestop link yet.

Edited by sologuy369

Just preordered my copy of Lego batman 2 at gamestop and they asked me if I wanted to preorder Lego LOTR. Some more info here. I don't think anyone's posted the gamestop link yet.

No new information there. But it does confirm the open worldl better than producer did in interview where he was kindof unclear.