Mister Phes

New Pirate Smileys

You got the :-| and the :'-( switched there mate. The big smilies are good but I'm fine with the small ones too.

Oops! I'm not going back to change it now.

I'm glad you finally got rid of those scalped rebeards and made way for Brick Miner's Icons.

It was on the "to do" list, along with a dozen other things that are in the process of changing.

The corners on this guy need to be made transparent... pir_cry.gif

Yes, I'll be getting to him eventually

And this guy :-| looks as if a seagull just dropped something on his head.

Yes, we did that on purpose right before we took the picture so we could get the right expression.

The picture??? Anyway, hey, stone banners are back. The new icons for the threads(ie the emotiocons with the colored circle around them) look cool, but it reminds me somewhat of the History Forum for somereason.

Yes, we did that on purpose right before we took the picture so we could get the right expression.

LOL. And I noticed you corrected the mistake in my post when you quoted me... :-$

The "stone banners" that Scouts mentioned, weren't they blue like the water background before? I think I liked them better how they appeared in IE before they were changed.

And about the thread icons with the circles around them, what were they before? I can't remember for the life of me. :-|

The "stone banners" that Scouts mentioned, weren't they blue like the water background before? I think I liked them better how they appeared in IE before they were changed.

No, they haven't been changed. They've only been changed to appear in Firefox and other Mozilla browsers, in Internet Explorer they should remain the same.

And about the thread icons with the circles around them, what were they before? I can't remember for the life of me. :-|

They were the default Invasion Powerboard Icons. Just go to any non skinned forum and you'll see them.

I see we now have basically all revamped smilies. I liked most of them more before.

Mouth to low::'-) :(

Eyes to far: 8-o :(

Eyes to close: ;-)

Eyes to small: :-O

Eyes to big: :-$ :-/ :-/

Eyes not level: X-D :)

Mouth too long :S

looks plain weird: :skel1: :x

This one, :x, looks Chinese and like she has no mouth but put lipstick on anyway. And this guy, X-D , dosen't look like he's smiling, it looks like he's...

HUH?! There are updates every day! I like those from yesterday better, the normal :-) smilie is gone!

??????

Mouth to low::'-) :(

Agreed

Eyes to far: 8-o

I'm satisfied with this.

Eyes to close: ;-)

If they're moved then they'll be too far appart.

Eyes to small: :-O

Its going to be hard to make them larger.

Eyes to big: :-$ :-/ :-/

This is what would happen in I made the above smiley's eyes bigger.

Eyes not level: X-D :)

I agree for the second, but for the first the eye can't be raised otherwise it conflicts with the eye brow.

Mouth too long :S

Yeah, it needs revision.

looks plain weird: :skel1:

Not sure how this :skel1: looks any weirder than this skel1.gif

This one, :x, looks Chinese and like she has no mouth but put lipstick on anyway.

Ripping off that Yahoo Smiley was a bad idea X-D

Good work on the feedback. Not sure when I'll get round to updating them though.

HUH?! There are updates every day! I like those from yesterday better, the normal :-) smilie is gone!

??????

All the smileys are supposed to be there if you click "Show All" but it seems to bring up the default smileys instead. I'll have to ask the Root Admins how to change this.

Ok, but the other winking and slanted mouth smilies were somehow fine, so maybe you should just put those back.

The old skull looks 3viler, this one looks kind of happy.

Yahoo smilie? You mean this?

10.gif

Hasn't this one changed? :-P ? It seems like it has. So let's recap: These>(?) meaning I don't know the official name.

Eyes to the top: :-|

Evil(?): >8-)

Mad: >:-(

Sweet: *sweet*

Surprised: 8-o

Eyes looking southeast(?): 8-|

Cry: :'-(

Sad(?) :(

Happy: :)

Blushing: :-$

Slanted mouth: :-/

Lame/bored(?): :-/

Laughing: :-D

Tounge out: :-P

Barf/disgusting: :-X

Confused: :S

Kissing(?): :x

Wink: ;-)

Proud/bigmouth(?): X-D

They all look really good.

(There are more, but I had to delete some due to emotiocon control.)

10.gif

Yep, that's the Yahoo smiley.

However, I can't put the winking smileys back because they're different sized images. The reason I modified them was to make all the smileys a consistent size, although I think the the details in the winking simleys seemed too cramped.

It does take time to design a smiley and so we must bare in mind I can't go changing all the smileys based on one opinion otherwise I'd be changing them for every user. Your feedback was good but I'm not looking for perfection so maybe it was a bit nitpicky.

I'll make some modifications to the smileys I think need more work (I.e. :( ), but if any of the other smileys need changing then it will take the requests several users to make it worthwhile. Otherwise it'll be a full time job just perfecting these smileys.

However if someone else wants to work on them, then by all means go ahead because I'm no master at designing smileys.

I have just notice how much I use and want need a winking smilie. Maybe someone should make one until then I'll just keep the original URL in my favorites or in MF terms, 'Bookmarks'.

Does that smiley need refining to make the wink look more distinguish? Sometimes I even wonder where the winking smiley is :-D

Does that smiley need refining to make the wink look more distinguish? Sometimes I even wonder where the winking smiley is :-D

I guess it does because I coundn't find it either. X-D I think I thought it was just a general Islander. The URL now bookmarked is much better anyways.

;-)

What a spammy post! :-P

What do you mean by that? I was simply showing you there was one :capn: . Especially since it is in the list I put more up on this page.

I was being sarcastic, thus the :-P .

That is problably the shortest post I've ever seen and I found it a little funny.

I guess it does because I coundn't find it either. X-D I think I thought it was just a general Islander. The URL now bookmarked is much better anyways.

Could you post this URL as I'm curious to see what you're referring to.

blink.gif

[img=http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/style_emoticons/lego/blink.gif]

You mean the original smiley?

You are aware all the original smileys are available if you click the Show All underneath the pirate smileys when you go to post?

they show, of course, but try to put it in the pirate forum and it shows the islander.