wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I find that LOTR theme might have many sets like barad dur,cirith ungol,osgiliath,boromir's last stand,hobbits in canoes,isengard,mirkwood,bridge of khazad dum,rivendell,lothlorien,caves in helm's deep,hobbiton,edoras,orthanc,blackk gate,minas tirith,minas morgul and many other sets could be done...some people were complaining that LOTR have too many locations and that it won't last,i dont agree with that beacouse the hobbit film will be realised in cinemas and if we would be lucky enough we might aswell get the hobbit sets.And for the fact that LOTR have too many viechles tlg could make siege engines,battering rams,chariots wargs,oliphants and many others...i'm happy that this theme is realised beacouse we wanted it for many years to come.

Edited by nindja10

Just for speculation and comparison.

-Prince of persia had 12 new Molds.

-Pirates of the caribbean had 16 new molds.

-So far we have seen 10 new molds for Lord of the rings (these are the one that for sure are in the preliminary pictures. Elf hair, Gimli helmet, theoden helmet and the one ring not included cause the images are too blurry too be sure. its 14 if you include them)

Keep in mind nothing is confirmed yet!

1 gandalf beard

2 hobbit hair

3 horse

4 cave troll

5 goblin hair

6 gollum

7 uruk hai hair

8 uruk-hai shield

9 uruk hai helmet

10 Eomer helmet

11 Theoden helmet (This might be Eomer helmet in another color)

12 The one ring ("Shelob attacks" gold stuf in frodos hand is propably a stand in for this.)

13 elf/legolas hair

14 Gimli helmet

POP minifigures 16

POTC minifigures 30

LOTR minifigures so far21 Troll included.

Wow, nice statistic :grin:

Eomer helmet? Where in which set could Eomer be? I haven't noticed that guy. :sweet:

Wow, nice statistic :grin:

Eomer helmet? Where in which set could Eomer be? I haven't noticed that guy. :sweet:

Uruk-hai army, the rider.

Uruk-hai army, the rider.

I sure hope it isn't Eomer in that set, actually. As much as I would love to get him, I want to buy two of those sets to add to Helm's Deep and make the Deeping Wall longer, but I don't want to have two Eomer figs. Even if it is him, they have done it wrong. Elmer doesnt wear a cape, yet that rider clearly has a green cape on. Also, the helmet is wrong. The helmet on the rider resembles the Rohan Royal Guard (the guys who stand at the door of the Golden Hall), and Eomer has a completely different helm design. The only thing that gives us a hint to it being Eomer is the body print, which looks like his armour. We will know in February.

I sure hope it isn't Eomer in that set, actually. As much as I would love to get him, I want to buy two of those sets to add to Helm's Deep and make the Deeping Wall longer, but I don't want to have two Eomer figs. Even if it is him, they have done it wrong. Elmer doesnt wear a cape, yet that rider clearly has a green cape on. Also, the helmet is wrong. The helmet on the rider resembles the Rohan Royal Guard (the guys who stand at the door of the Golden Hall), and Eomer has a completely different helm design. The only thing that gives us a hint to it being Eomer is the body print, which looks like his armour. We will know in February.

Eomer, Royal guard the eyes on this doesent look like the one in the set

Your right about the cape, and Eomer never used a shield

Edited by deskp

I sure hope it isn't Eomer in that set, actually. As much as I would love to get him, I want to buy two of those sets to add to Helm's Deep and make the Deeping Wall longer, but I don't want to have two Eomer figs. Even if it is him, they have done it wrong.

Agreed!

I do also not want 3x or 4x Eomers. :hmpf: If Eomer is included in this set -I will also to buy this set just 1x time. In that case I will wait for Rohan/Uruk-hai impulse sets.

As long as the helmet is still on Eomer, I don't have a huge problem with him being in the set. You'd have 20 of the same identical soldier anyway, why not the same Rohirrim?

Even though I'm not a fan of LOTR, I might buy the "Shelob Attacks" set, for 3 reasons: 1, if Frodo really has a ring, I'll use it to complete the three Deathly Hallows, and 2: Shelob would make a much better Aragog than the one in 4738 Hagrid's Hut, and 3: if Gollum looks right, he make pass for a Inferi.

As long as the helmet is still on Eomer, I don't have a huge problem with him being in the set. You'd have 20 of the same identical soldier anyway, why not the same Rohirrim?

Sorry, but LEGO -that was stupid. :laugh:

We've talked here about CREATOR sets, variable minifigures, different possibilities for LEGO to sell his sets many times...

...and now has LEGO given me a reason to buy not more as 6x LotR sets. -Because at every from these 6x sets are main characters included. And I don't need double Eomers or other double main characters... Where are the sets for our armies? Without main characters!?

We put here so much stuff in this topic, so many ideas, so many thoughts... What's up? Really -what's up??

Sorry, but that criticism must be. :thumbup:

You see nowhere so huge battles with so many soldiers as in Middle-earth. Where are the true Battle-Packs? :devil:

(The Eomer Battle Pack will bought just 1x time)

Even though I'm not a fan of LOTR, I might buy the "Shelob Attacks" set, for 3 reasons: 1, if Frodo really has a ring, I'll use it to complete the three Deathly Hallows, and 2: Shelob would make a much better Aragog than the one in 4738 Hagrid's Hut, and 3: if Gollum looks right, he make pass for a Inferi.

:laugh: True LEGO Harry Potter fandom. I must agree, though, Shelob is easily the best brick-built spider so far. LEGO's really been on a learning curve since Atlantis with brick-built creatures, and where they should be used.

Sorry, but LEGO -that was stupid. :laugh:

We've talked here about CREATOR sets, variable minifigures, different possibilities for LEGO to sell his sets many times...

...and now has LEGO given me a reason to buy not more as 6x LotR sets. -Because at every from these 6x sets are main characters included. And I don't need double Eomers or other double main characters... Where are the sets for our armies? Without main characters!?

We put here so much stuff in this topic, so many ideas, so many thoughts... What's up? Really -what's up??

Sorry, but that criticism must be. :thumbup:

You see nowhere so huge battles with so many soldiers as in Middle-earth. Where are the true Battle-Packs? :devil:

(The Eomer Battle Pack will bought just 1x time)

Sorry, but your criticism is pointless. I have heard so much useless criticism on this forum that I think that it is verging on trolling. I have heard to many time things like "the set is to dark", "the tower is on the wrong side", or my personal favorite "fleshy minifigs are bad" and now I have to hear somebody go as far as to say that Lego was being stupid to put main characters in a set and not release battle-packs for a theme that we have only seen "some" of the illegally released prototype pictures for. I really wish the moderators would start putting down this kind of criticism because it is kind of destructive to the relationship between Lego and the AFOLs. Really, Lego I think has done as good a job as it possible could do with this theme so far and this kind of criticism is just plain useless and quite offensive and does not really reflect different opinions or problems in a constructive manner. :sceptic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

Sorry, but your criticism is pointless. I have heard so much useless criticism on this forum that I think that it is verging on trolling. I have heard to many time things like "the set is to dark", "the tower is on the wrong side", or my personal favorite "fleshy minifigs are bad" and now I have to hear somebody go as far as to say that Lego was being stupid to put main characters in a set and not release battle-packs for a theme that we have only seen "some" of the illegally released prototype pictures for. I really wish the moderators would start putting down this kind of criticism because it is kind of destructive to the relationship between Lego and the AFOLs. Really, Lego I think has done as good a job as it possible could do with this theme so far and this kind of criticism is just plain useless and quite offensive and does not really reflect different opinions or problems in a constructive manner. :sceptic:

Given the level of open hostility that was allowe to go on earlier, all I can say is, good luck with that.

As for the complaints, if the tower is on the wrong side (no idea what that is about) or people don't like fleshies (I don't), they are valid complaints. This isn't a cheerleading forum, it's a discussion forum and discussion can (and usually does) lead to differences of opinion.

Well, as for the whole complaint about including main characters with each set, you could just do what I do/have been doing with the Pirates of the Caribbean sets: switch the heads and other parts around: I mean the typical LEGO minifig is made up of 5 easily removable parts (head, torso, arms and leg assembly) along with 4 not quite so easily removable parts (hands and legs), which should give you a FEW options. :classic:

All you need to do is either replace Eomer's head with one from, say Pirates of the Caribbean or something else, and presto: New, generic Rider of Rohan. :wink:

...Of course I may be less picky than some due to having only the classic smiley, followed shortly by the basic Pirate heads available when I first got into LEGO. :tongue:

Ok, I'm sorry,

you are right, my criticism was too strong.

LEGO do a good job. That we do not see double Frodos and double Aragorns like Harry Potter or Indiana Jones is really a big step forward. :thumbup:

I have also to agree here. But it was very very clever to start with simple-going buildings, rocks, ruins and caves. Now it is enough time to mold new elements/bricks for the difficult buildings a'la Minas Morgul or the Black Gate. Colorful buildings also (see Rivendell, the Shire, Lothlorien or Edoras).

Back to the first wave: Yes, a bit more colors would be possible:

Hmmm... let us take a look to the Mines of Moria. IF LEGO in future not to be willing to produce a Gate of Moria with watcher set. -Than it would be plausible to give the back side of the doors at Balin's tomb in the dark shiny stickers ("the door shines in starlight and moonlight"). So would get this set a bit more color (IF LEGO does not create a complete Moria Gate set in the future, who knows).

Nazgul Attack at Weather top: As I said before, the thing with the shiny Witchking with Morgul Blade. That shiny guy would give this set also a bit color. ^^

Shelob Attacks: Also an shiny option. Yes here in Middle-earth shines everywhere. :grin:

Let us talk about Frodos sword Sting and the Phial of Galadriel. I hope LEGO can create these things so -that these can also in the dark shine. That would be for kids and also for me amazing. XD

I'm only trying to help with ideas and thoughts for better LEGO LotR sets and a better merchandise. That for example was my thought about more colors for the first wave.

The problem, Elander, is you're asking for things that are either already in those prelim's, or highly unlikey to ever happen.

There already IS a battle pack for Helms Deep, and a pretty good one at that. Extra wall, more orcs than defenders, not much more you could ask for really ( although no horse would make more sense imo ).

As for the wants....a glowing nazgul? Super unlikely, he appeared like that once in both the books and the movie, and that was how he appeared to ONE character, and a character than has minimum playability at that. And more colour in LoTR? Really? Its a dark, gloomy story for the most part set in a medieval world, it was always going to be mostly dark and gloomy ( which is why I was so surprised TLG are even doing it ). If so many of you really want more colour you're just going to have to pray the line lasts long enough to get some big exclusive sets, then you MIGHT get Rivendel, Lothlorien or Hobbiton, which when it comes down to it are the only colourful places in either of the stories they're covering.

All that being said, as a few people have commented I WOULD like to see some sets with more vegetation. There's at least 2 or 3 reasonably important scenes in woodlands that would make good playsets, and if nothing else being half a world away from the nearest Lego store means vegetation tends to be REALLY expensive for me :tongue: Plus I want an oliphant :wink:

It does indeed reflect diferent opinions since so many are posting. And everyone is aware that the images are not final.

Also the thing with main characthers in sets limiting army building is bad for army builders, but good for minifigure collectors so someone is gonna complain either way, for example it would be useless to me if it had no unique characthers.

A good reason why those images on Youtube were pulled is that they are not finalised sets yet....just to give retailers/retail store buyers an idea of what the set might look like.

So we can only still guess at what the figures will look like, weapons and scenes to be finalised.....again a waiting game must be played but I guess there is no harm really in trying to guess things - you may never know who is reading this topic - perhaps the design team somewhere ? :wink:

I hope the wall piece in Uruk Hai army attaches to Helms deep. It looks a bit odd on its own and Helms deep is a bit short on the wall. I hope they do release battle packs without heroes. I would like a rohan battle pack, 5 Rohirrim + Horse and an Uruk one, 4 Uruk Nazgul(maybe) + warg/horse.

I hope they release a Gondor wave as well, Osgiliath set - Ruined buildings, Faramir, 2 Gondors, 3 Orcs. Mumakil set - Mumakil (big elephant), 3 easterlings, Legolas, 1 Rohirrim rider. Cave of the dead - Skulls, cave, King of the dead, Aragon, 2 dead warriors. March of the ents - Isengard watchtower + machine things (whatever they had there), tree beard, 1 ent, merry + pipin, 2 Uruk-hai. For Minas Tirith - just don't bother, if they do make it - £100 - £200 but it won't be very good.

Just a LotR question: In the battle of the Hornberg were the riders who came with Gandalf just more Rohirrimor were they other people? I think the movies should really have included the ents in Helms Deep, were they in the deleted scenes?

Edited by Zilcho

And things get heated over preliminary pics again. :grin:

To be honest, it's better to reserve judgement for finalized pictures, although I realize those are unavailable and can't add to the excitement of the moment. Something I've learned is that Lego knows how to make all the final sets worth it in the end. Whether it is through new parts, mini-figures or set design, all of these will end up looking quite good once the high-res pictures come out in February or earlier. :wink:

I think of this theme as more akin to Star Wars than either POP or POTC, in terms of the scale of the movies, the popularity that will follow and the number of waves they will launch. That is good news for all the fans here because even if you don;t get what you want in the first wave you will surely find it in the next. I am personally looking forward to grabbing all of these, as they are all epic in their own way.

Just a LotR question: In the battle of the Hornberg were the riders who came with Gandalf just more Rohirrimor were they other people? I think the movies should really have included the ents in Helms Deep, were they in the deleted scenes?

The entes was in the extended movie, I dont know how it was in the book but in the movie they are the forest the uruk run into and then the trees starts smashing them.

This overly harsh criticism isn't unique to the LEGO fanbase. Dedicated fans of any media tend to know more about it than your average layman, and thus, judge every new release with a highly critical eye. I think it's healthy. If LEGO thought they could appease AFOLs with whatever they decide to throw at them, we would probably be seeing very few AFOL-oriented sets.

But I will agree that some of the stuff I read on this forum is borderline ridiculous... people dismiss entire themes based on the most irrelevant nitpicks you could imagine. :hmpf:

And things get heated over preliminary pics again. :grin:

To be honest, it's better to reserve judgement for finalized pictures, although I realize those are unavailable and can't add to the excitement of the moment. Something I've learned is that Lego knows how to make all the final sets worth it in the end. Whether it is through new parts, mini-figures or set design, all of these will end up looking quite good once the high-res pictures come out in February or earlier. :wink:

I think of this theme as more akin to Star Wars than either POP or POTC, in terms of the scale of the movies, the popularity that will follow and the number of waves they will launch. That is good news for all the fans here because even if you don;t get what you want in the first wave you will surely find it in the next. I am personally looking forward to grabbing all of these, as they are all epic in their own way.

I fully agree with my compatriot. In the end of the day the dream of many of us became true. And there is no doubt that LEGO, knowing quite well what are the expectations for this theme, will do their best to create an amazing world, full of action and scenes with great playability. And certainly the AFOLs can give LEGO good suggestions for realizing them in awesome sets. Hope the abundance of scenes, heroes, landscape, battlefields will become a new ERA in Lego's history, which, let's hope, will last for long time and many waves.......

Merry Christmas and Frohe Weihnachten to all of you. :classic::thumbup:

Holy balls, I made one complaint, that is a big one. The Hornburg tower is on the wrong side. Why is that bad or harsh or unnecessary criticism? Fans can say whatever they like about what they see. Opinions are open from anyone. Some people like the spider. Some people are excited no matter what. Some people arent happy with the figs. I believe its important to say what you think. Nothing is wrong with voicing your opinion, no matter what it is...

Well, I have to say I'm in love with this theme. The movies were brilliant, and so are the sets so far! I have such high hopes for the finished products! :sweet: I'm going to share some ideas of mine that may have already been said, so forgive if they have been:

Gandalf Arrives: The only happy set of the line up so far. :laugh: New firework molds, which can easily be swapped into other themes. It would have been nice to have had a new coloured horse, but ah well.

Weathertop: Excellent. I really hope Frodo has a double sided head, one normal/scared, the other when he's been poisoned by the sword. I think the other Hobbit could do with dual faces too. In fact, all the figures should have them (as long as they don't extend below the back of the hair). Aragorn would be determined/enraged.

Uruk-hai Army: :wub_drool: Just perfect for army building.

Battle for Helms Deep: :grin_wub: Can't wait to see the final Beserker. Hopefully the helmet-less Uruk is different to the one in the Army set. But no Elves? :sad: Would've liked one of those Uruks which 'planted' the bomb too...

Mines of Moria: Looks good so far. I'd rather have had just one skellie and another Orc/Goblin though. :sceptic:

Shelob: Looks okay (not fond of spiders :tongue:). Gollum looks like a creature from Minecraft or something! :laugh:

Bring on the battlepacks! :drool: Bad guys would be a Beserker, two Orcs and an Uruk (all new prints/molds) with a selection of weapons, bomb, and a largish crossbow. Good guys... a Gondor soldier, two Riders of Rohan (one with a horse), and one Elf (all new prints/molds), with a damaged wall and catapult. Hopefully we'll see larger sets in the next wave. :moar:

I'll be keeping a close eye on developments here...

too much talk about tottaly unimporntat stuff :)

Any real info about the sets? On one place all the helmets, beards, accesories that we will get? SWORDS, shields, etc?:)