wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I checked back a few pages, but didn't see anything. If in missed it, excuse my eyesight...is the map 2x2 piece in the Gandalf polybag a new piece? I saw it today at TRU and I didn't recognize the print.

I checked back a few pages, but didn't see anything. If in missed it, excuse my eyesight...is the map 2x2 piece in the Gandalf polybag a new piece? I saw it today at TRU and I didn't recognize the print.

No, the map is not a new piece. It's a shame Lego didn' tmake it look like the essential map of Middle Earth...

Just wanted to share what Thorin looks like with the short cape that came with Elrond. To me, this is as big of an improvement as equipping Aragorn with a cape.

8257685934_6a0a5475c2.jpg

8257686062_aeba0ea871.jpg

Also: a tiny modification of An unexpected Gathering. I love this set but thought the tree looked mediocre with its three pieces of foliage. I experimented by adding some branches but wanted to keep the original flavour of it. So here's what it looks like with the addition of some foliage:

8256615187_def7f1c5bd.jpg

8257685838_6bda060e46.jpg

Nice inprovement to the hobbit hole! I too added just a few leaf pieces and branches to fill it out.

Bag End is a MOC set and is begging us all to mod it. Too bad mine came and I absolutely have no time to build it.

Just bought the three biggest sets, they certainly are full of parts for MOCing landscapes. These sets are far more colorful than the LOTR sets, love em.

I feel like I have to get another Helm's Deep. 'twas full of good bricks. And there really aren't any Hobbit sets that I feel are "must-haves" :/ Although the Goblin Town thing would be nice, it's too expensive to really be something I must have. Would love to have some more goblins though. But another Helm's Deep would be much more fun. I could combine it with the other one and make a round castle :D

I received the Goblin King Battle yesterday. It's a great set, but I miss some goblins for display purposes. Having 13 dwarves against 4 goblins looks "slightly" different from the movie frenzy in Goblin Town. I'd love to see a battle pack with e.g. four goblin soldiers and a bridge section to expand 79010 into the twisted accumulation of board-ways seen in the movie.

In the meantime, I have to look for alternative display options.

Here, the goblins greatly underestimated the lone hobbit intruding their town...

8266269407_bd2d5a89aa.jpg

Concerning the Attack of the Wargs set... That Yazneg guy doesnt ride the white warg in the movie. Small error by Lego perhaps?

Concerning the Attack of the Wargs set... That Yazneg guy doesnt ride the white warg in the movie. Small error by Lego perhaps?

Is the white Warg ridden by either of the other two named Hunter Orcs?

Is the white Warg ridden by either of the other two named Hunter Orcs?

It is ridden by the pale org. 'The pale org' is a nickname for the master orc that defeated the Dwarven King and captured Moria. The guys has a grey/white scratch torso (he only wears robes at his waist) and has a pale bald head. And now little spoiler alert:

The pale orc's arm had been cut of by Thorn after the Orc beheaded his grandfather a.k.a. The Dwarven King.

Although Yazneg isn't really mentioned by name, he does appear in the movie. Spoiler alert 2

He gets murdered by the pale orc when he wasn't able to hunt down the company of Thorin Oakenshield. Thorin & co managed to escape in a hole of the 3 trolls.

Edited by Cammo

My mom surprised me with the whole range of Hobbit sets for my birthday yesterday. I wasn't expecting that since she bought other sets for Christmas. But either way, I can't wait to build them. I think some of the sets will have good parts for MOCing more landscape things, whereas the LOTR sets have more castle MOCing abilities.

My mom surprised me with the whole range of Hobbit sets for my birthday yesterday. I wasn't expecting that since she bought other sets for Christmas.

Give that woman a hug.

Give that woman a hug.

yes do so, your mom sounds pretty cool :tongue:

Oh I did, believe me. I think I'll keep her.

I can't wait for images of the summer wave, but I think I'll take my time and enjoy this Hobbit wave also.

There are no words to describe how amazing this movie was... It is a MUST SEE. However, I think Lego Did TERRIBLE on this whole wave of sets...Just my opinion.but Im so upset with the route lego took...

I agree about Dwalin looking too short. He is nearly the same height as Radagast and a huge dwarf. Not sure about the need for longer legs for his LEGO version, though. I think a bald cap as head piece would fix it. He simply appears too tiny compared to other dwarves due to the various hair pieces of Balin, Bifur, Gloin, Oin and co.

There are no words to describe how amazing this movie was... It is a MUST SEE. However, I think Lego Did TERRIBLE on this whole wave of sets...Just my opinion.but Im so upset with the route lego took...

Upset about the style and design they picked for the existing sets, or do you think they put wrong sets in this wave? What would you do better?

Edited by PassionateMOCNoob

Upset about the style and design they picked for the existing sets, or do you think they put wrong sets in this wave? What would you do better?

Tread carefully when posing questions like this. It could lead to some major spoilers.

I'm planning to give Dwalin brown epauletteles to make him a bit taller. They will (Hopefully) remind from the fur cloth he has on his shoulders.

I watched the movie two day ago and yes, it was awesome. Especially the troll scene and Riddles in the Dark.