wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Thanks for the info, now also available on S@H.au! Here are the official Aussie prices (I think I saw tentative or at least an online vendor's pre-order price a couple of weeks ago):

79000 Riddles for the Ring $19.99 ($3 less than Gandalf Arrives)

79001 Escape from Mirkwood™ Spiders $49.99 ($10 more than Shelob, $10 less than Uruk Hai)

79002 Attack of the Wargs $99.99 ($10 more than Weathertop)

79003 An Unexpected Gathering $119.99 (same as Mines Of Moria)

79004 Barrel Escape $69.99 (same as Orc Forge)

79010 The Goblin King Battle $149.99

With free standard shipping at the moment, now isn't a bad time to order (unless you want to wait for the sales).

edit - getting my facts straight...er

So we are saying to ship it to Australia it costs double the price for Attack of the Wargs?? 49.99 in US and 99.99 for Australia?? :damn:

$40 dollars more for Bag end? :wacko:

$50 more for Goblin King? :sick:

LEGO get your hand off it and stop price gouging us Aussies! Enough is enough.

I refuse to buy for the Australian Lego site or any local stores at those sort of prices. The average Joe in the street has no idea how much they are being screwed over on all big sets not just The Hobbit.

Just so frustratin.....sigh....end of rant. :hmpf_bad:

Yes, yes, this isn't the first time and it will not be the last time the prices come up. Yes, the prices are high for Aussies. If you want a change, not buying is one way to handle it.

So we are saying to ship it to Australia it costs double the price for Attack of the Wargs?? 49.99 in US and 99.99 for Australia?? :damn:

$40 dollars more for Bag end? :wacko:

$50 more for Goblin King? :sick:

LEGO get your hand off it and stop price gouging us Aussies! Enough is enough.

I refuse to buy for the Australian Lego site or any local stores at those sort of prices. The average Joe in the street has no idea how much they are being screwed over on all big sets not just The Hobbit.

Just so frustratin.....sigh....end of rant. :hmpf_bad:

Mate just wait till they're listed on WBshop.com, pay american prices and $20 flat rate shipping.......The only way Aussie prices will come down is if people refuse to pay them and source thier LEGO from somewhere else.

So I ordered Attack of the Wargs from Lego Shop At Home UK this morning, and I'm still waiting for an order confirmation email. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

It usually take a few hour or days for the order to go through, u don't get a confirmation right away.

Ah, thanks, Lego is usually pretty speedy when I order so I wasn't sure if I should be concerned :)

Holy bricks those CAD prices are just awful. :hmpf_bad:

Even $70 had seemed a little too much for Bag End, but at $85 i refuse. $60 for Attack of the Wargs? No.

I should have known better than to think the final prices would be so low.

I might wait for a worthwile sale and buy one or two of the sets but that's about it. I am extremely disappointed.

Mate just wait till they're listed on WBshop.com, pay american prices and $20 flat rate shipping.......

Have you ordered there before? How long does it usually take for new sets to be listed? Any trouble with customs on larger shipments? I intended to only but Bag End after seeing the Aussie prices, but with 20 $ flat rate shipping, I'd gladly get them all from the US.

Edited by Lynx

Could someone tell me how close an unexpected gathering is to exact actual minifig scale? Thanks.

It's done to actual minifigure scale, about. The only thing is it's missing most of the rooms, it's like one decent sized room inside when the real thing has several.

Trying to access the Hobbit legos on Lego shop results in a redirect loop. What gives?

edit: they seem to be searchable though. Glad I have a Maine address to dodge the state tax! Massachusetts gets slammed.

Edited by Darth Caedus

Have you ordered there before? How long does it usually take for new sets to be listed? Any trouble with customs on larger shipments? I intended to only but Bag End after seeing the Aussie prices, but with 20 $ flat rate shipping, I'd gladly get them all from the US.

Not sure when they'll be listed, wouldn't be too long since they're the official Warner Bros store. I've ordered several times from them without any problems and shipping usually takes about 2 weeks. You only have to worry about customs and import tax if the order exceeds $1000.

Cheers Slobey! Sorry all for grumblin about prices. Would love to get all the sets and was looking at multiples of the Warg Attack. All good now. Would an online grass root protest change the prices here?

Edited by Wolvarie

I was so exited when I saw the add for the Hobbit sets, I read the book when I was kid so I've dreamed about this. :cry_happy: Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Does anyone know of a retail release date for the Hobbit sets in Australia?

I don't know, don't remember seeing a date, but my safe guess would be in 2 weeks' time. I think themes tend to be released here mid-month, usually @2 weeks after the first place they turn up. A bit close to Christmas though, so maybe sooner?

"I was really delighted that I'm now a piece of Lego. That's a dream come true." -

:tongue:

YES!!! That's AMAZING!!!

"I was really delighted that I'm now a piece of Lego. That's a dream come true." -

:tongue:

That was a pretty funny interview. The actors seemed to take it in stride even though the interviewer didn't do his homework and asked for a photo.

Went ahead and ordered everything but the redundant Riddles for the Ring. A clean $290 from Lego S@H, no shipping, no tax. Can't ask for much more than that.

just got back from the red carpet :grin:

Hobbit prices for NZ are

RR = 25

MS = 49 (cheaper than urukhai army, same as shelob)

AotW =89

AUG = 129

BE = 79

GKB = 159

Great commercial and thank you for sharing.

I just got the Barrel Escape set today which means I have all of the Hobbit sets except for the ToysRus exclusive Mirkwood Guard set. I have to say that all of them are top notch and I am very impressed with Lego's designs and depictions of the different scenes from the books and films.

I have to say that my favorite set so far though is and Unexpected Gathering. Bag End is just plain awesome and I am very pleased that Lego made that set. My hope for this line is that Lego will make at least one set for every major location including Isenguard, Barad Dur, Minas Tirith, the Golden Hall, and the lonely Mountain.

Hopefully Lego will make them all before they discontinue the whole line. :classic: