wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

This is great news! I wonder if the sets would contest with the LOTR Battle Strategy Game. Anyway, we need pictures activate the grogall-signal! :laugh:

Very excited for LOTR sets but, very sad about losing Kingdoms in the process.

I hope they don't butcher this license with 'strong minifigs in weak sets'. THAT would suck.

Now that this license has been confirmed, I am excited! Not looking forward to more fleshies, but I do hope for new molds, especially weapons and armor.

The set list so far sounds like some good picks to me. I wonder if they will make some promo/polybags like the HP ones.

Just glimpsing the fig is making me excited! Digging the new face, hair, and torso printing! (Did I mention the hair?)

wow so it is really going to happen eh, it will be interesting how the sets will look, my $ is tied up with SW but will try to get most of the iconic characters and sets, can't wait :cry_sad:

So after all the rumours, it's finally confirmed. Wow, I didn't expect that.

I'm not really a Lord of the Rings fan so I assumed this was all wishful thinking, but seems like it isn't. :classic:

The title thing at the top of the image reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean one. Similar colour scheme and layout.

Now that it is official here are the sets I know about:

9469 Gandalf Arrives

9470 Shelob Attacks

9471 Uruk-hai Army

9472 Attack on Weathertop

9473 The Mines of Moria

9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep

9476 The Orc Forge

Enjoy :devil:

I'm thinking all nine members of the fellowship, as well as Theoden and possibly Eomer would be shoe-ins. Eowyn, Haldir and Saruman would be possible as well so far.

I'm hoping for better legs for the hobbits and dwarves. Five of the main LOTR characters are short, and fourteen of The Hobbit characters are, so better legs would be good, although I'm not sure if that's possible. Hopefully further down the line we'll get a new Gollum mould and a way to make the ents.

woooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been a hope of mine for as long as I have liked Legos and liked LOTR and now it's come true. :cry_happy:

thelordoftherings.lego.com

I'm wondering if there will be a ring accessory like the one he's holding in the photo. I'm thinking there will be, and probably colored shiny chrome gold. They also haven't put the engraved words on the ring there, which I would be shocked if they did. So that also leads me to believe there will be a piece like that. (Meaning if it was mocked up just for a photo, they probably would have put engraved writing in there too.)

I was previously thinking they might have used the new round 1x1 tile mold and print the ring on it, kind of like how Jack Sparrow's compass is a printed 1x1 square tile (no round tile at the time they designed those).

Certainly hope the that Lego won't resort to substandard, low quality mf parts and bricks. I will be terribly disappointed that such a fantastic theme would be paired with low quality parts.

thelordoftherings.lego.com

I'm wondering if there will be a ring accessory like the one he's holding in the photo. I'm thinking there will be, and probably colored shiny chrome gold. They also haven't put the engraved words on the ring there, which I would be shocked if they did. So that also leads me to believe there will be a piece like that. (Meaning if it was mocked up just for a photo, they probably would have put engraved writing in there too.)

I was previously thinking they might have used the new round 1x1 tile mold and print the ring on it, kind of like how Jack Sparrow's compass is a printed 1x1 square tile (no round tile at the time they designed those).

To me it looks like that new 1x1 round plate in gold turned upside down.

default_excited.gif There are no words to describe what I am feeling but default_excited.gif sums it up best. LOTR lego? I don't even know if I will be able to afford food next year!

I was to cautious to be optomistic but now that it is confirmed my family is looking at me strangely. Best Christmas present ever.

To me it looks like that new 1x1 round plate in gold turned upside down.

I am really hoping this part will have a hole all the way through - Steampunk heaven. I'll take 500.

...They also haven't put the engraved words on the ring there, which I would be shocked if they did. So that also leads me to believe there will be a piece like that. (Meaning if it was mocked up just for a photo, they probably would have put engraved writing in there too.)

Actually, in the image, I do see writing on the ring. It is very faint -- white on the gold background.

LEGO seems determined to make me go broke. But glad to see this theme is official now. Can't wait to see what the sets and minifigs will look like. And it looks like there will be an actual ring piece, which is awesome!

Two things are going through my head.

One is, OMFG YES!

The other is, my wife being almost as big an LOTR dork as I am, this could be the theme that FINALLY gets her to share a little of my enthusiasm for Lego. So again, OMFG YES!

you and me. My girl friend just green lighted me 6 months in advance to buy one of everything.

All the great possibilities they could do is making me excited! But I hope they make an actual ring piece instead of printing it on a tile. I mean that's what the whole trilogy is focused around.

I also wonder what the uruk-hai army will be? Maybe a battlepack? But I definately hope they make battlepacks...I would spend so much money on that. :grin:

All the great possibilities they could do is making me excited! But I hope they make an actual ring piece instead of printing it on a tile. I mean that's what the whole trilogy is focused around.

I also wonder what the uruk-hai army will be? Maybe a battlepack? But I definately hope they make battlepacks...I would spend so much money on that. :grin:

They are making a collectable minifigure series. Do they really need battlepacks too? :wink:

Seriously, that's pretty lucky that you are getting a collectable minifigure series, I'd be so happy if there was a Super Heroes one...hopefully it expands into other themes! :thumbup::sweet:

Edited by Superficial Username

I'm certainly not a fan. I wouldn't mind it half as much if they didn't keep putting the little bits of flesh at the tops of the torso's though as then you could swap the heads and hands for yellow and it would be fine.

Totally agree. While I'm thrilled to bits that they're doing LotR LEGO, fleshy heads, hands and neck-lines are a disappointment. I'd dearly love for TLG to do conversion add-on sets with just the heads, hands and torsos in yellow, but realistically, I can't imagine TLG ever doing them.

Amps

Edited by AmperZand

They are making a collectable minifigure series. Do they really need battlepacks too?

the short answer... YES! The long answer. The reality is they have sold well in the SW theme so I dont see why they would notdo battle pack/army builder style sets. TLG also did one for the new alien invasion, POTC and adventure line.