wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Suspected as much, but I feel so much better knowing it's confirmed LOTR won't end anytime soon. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I don't think it ever was, LEGO got the rights to all of the movies PJ makes so why not keep making sets?

I'm being slightly sarcastic here. There was a rumor a few weeks ago that the theme was cancelled. The usual story, with one person claiming insider knowledge that there would be no more LOTR, and lots of people started to believe it even though there was no evidence and no logic behind it.

I'm being slightly sarcastic here. There was a rumor a few weeks ago that the theme was cancelled. The usual story, with one person claiming insider knowledge that there would be no more LOTR, and lots of people started to believe it even though there was no evidence and no logic behind it.

^^This. I don't even remember who it was at the time, but any claims of premature cancellation for a line like this are overblown out of the paranoia that comes with the slow burn that is LEGO fandom, and the rabble-rouser gets to revel in their prophecies of doom as the loyal but gullible fans prostrate themselves in fear. Glad I never took them seriously. Speculation for Summer 2013 can thus begin in full!

I hope for suitable helmets for the elf warriors. :sweet:

And battle packs! Just real classic battle packs! -like Star Wars battle packs. (4x minifigures, some bricks and no main characters!)

Come on LEGO! You can manage it! :snicker:

While I doubt they'll change formats, I kinda want some SW-style Battlepacks. Moria Orcs, Mordor Orcs, Gondor soldiers, Rohan soldiers, etc. Some ballistas & catapults, maybe some ruined wall pieces (a broken column from Moria, a bit of an Osgiliath wall). I like the Uruk Hai Army set, but I don't want that the be the only way (ie, a $30 set) to get several army-builders in one set... but even if not, I'm still thrilled there will be more! I hoped they wouldn't leave things with Weathertop being the only Nazgul set, and Shelob Attacks the only ROTK set. Can't wait to see what the next wave actually looks like!

Thanks LOTR343, I never had any doubt about continuation but it's nice to be certain :) The map behind the ring looks to be focused on Gondor and Mordor, so the sets will probably be based on them. Also, the last set was Helm's Deep so the next few sets will probably be from return of the king. Hopefully they will go back and keep doing more sets from the first 2 movies like Amon Hen, Balrog and Isengard :)

Great day for LOTR Lego - Elrond and the confirmation we've all been hoping for of more sets in 13. Gryphon Ink has nailed the logic of the range not stopping, and Deathleech has surely got the next sets spot on.

I wonder if Saruman or Rivendell will go to the Hobbit range rather than LOTR - they might get more sales that way. As long as we get Saruman looking like that game poster, I don't care what range he comes in.

Let us all hope that somehow a set appears that allows TLG to give us an Aragorn with the proper coloured tunic and trousers! The Bridge of Khazad Dum, maybe?

Thanks LOTR343, I never had any doubt about continuation but it's nice to be certain :) The map behind the ring looks to be focused on Gondor and Mordor, so the sets will probably be based on them. Also, the last set was Helm's Deep so the next few sets will probably be from return of the king. Hopefully they will go back and keep doing more sets from the first 2 movies like Amon Hen, Balrog and Isengard :)

Good observation and better logic. Let's hope you are right. Glad to hear confirmation that the line is continuing even though logic would indicate that it surely would (muliyear licensing contract). I have to admit that I did begin to panic when all those interweb rumors started flying about..

That Elrond fig is just gorgeous! But, why does he have a short cape? Seems like he should have a full cape.

Apparently all the Elrond figures are coming with a short cape, even though the bag clearly depicts a long cape. Oh well, just give Elrond Eomer's cape from "Uruk-hai Army", as he doesn't have a cape in the film, at least at that point.

Oh that's fun. Why LEGO did you give him a short cape when he has a long on on the packaging? That dark brown hair is tasty though. :grin:

Also, if--like many--you've got extra Uruk Hai Army sets, you can have your Caped Eomer AND donate an extra's long cape to Elrond, freeing up the short green cape for Sam or one of the other Hobbits.

Meh. I still don't like his color scheme - I love the detailing, but the color is just way too gaudy and doesn't match well.

Also, if--like many--you've got extra Uruk Hai Army sets, you can have your Caped Eomer AND donate an extra's long cape to Elrond, freeing up the short green cape for Sam or one of the other Hobbits.

The cape is blue, though. It wouldn't look right. Yet, the extra short blue cape could look really nice on Thorin.

The cape is blue, though. It wouldn't look right. Yet, the extra short blue cape could look really nice on Thorin.

It is blue? It looks green to me, but blue would be delightful for the reason you mentioned! Thorin would look twice as good with a blue cape! I could use more green capes, though, since my Eomer capes (two of them) went straight to the Rohan soldiers.

On another note: There is a new LEGO LotR Video Game video on the facebook site. Amongst other things, a battle between orc warg riders and Rohan soldiers is shown. Interestingly, the warg model looks exactly like the actual LEGO models in "Attack of the Wargs" but is brown coloured. It's not hard to imagine this being turned into an actual set.

Edited by Lynx

The Elrond figure is excellent. I want it.

Good to know about the second wave of sets.

Long live to LOTR sets.

^^This. I don't even remember who it was at the time, but any claims of premature cancellation for a line like this are overblown out of the paranoia that comes with the slow burn that is LEGO fandom, and the rabble-rouser gets to revel in their prophecies of doom as the loyal but gullible fans prostrate themselves in fear. Glad I never took them seriously. Speculation for Summer 2013 can thus begin in full!

I wouldn't say they got to "revel in their prohpecies". It was more like the three or four people claiming the line was cancelled got chastised and called out for such ridiculous claims when everthing pointed to the line continuing for at least a few more years.

Btw the Elrond figure looks amazing. If the hair the same mold as Legolas hair, except in brown? I assume so but just want to make sure...

I suspect that much of that stemed from a poor understanding by some retail employee that Lego lists The Hobbit sets and LotR sets differently, but essentially treats them as the same theme. So no LotR because of all The Hobbit sets in that release cycle. Looking at that ad, I am now thinking that they will alternate some. The Hobbit sets for Winter for the movie releases and LotR sets for summer release. Sound plausible?

PS is it me, or does Elrond have a suspiciously Aquaman look to his body? :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Faefrost

Looking at that ad, I am now thinking that they will alternate some. The Hobbit sets for Winter for the movie releases and LotR sets for summer release. Sound plausible?

Many have speculated as such ever since the original LOTR sets were first announced, so yes, many would agree with you there. It makes good sense to me.

On another note: There is a new LEGO LotR Video Game video on the facebook site. Amongst other things, a battle between orc warg riders and Rohan soldiers is shown. Interestingly, the warg model looks exactly like the actual LEGO models in "Attack of the Wargs" but is brown coloured. It's not hard to imagine this being turned into an actual set.

I must be missing it, but I don't see the video. Link por favor?

Thanks for posting about the update, Ardelon! I love these CGI pictures!

Deathleech, here's the link: