wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Oh my... I will never again complain about Legolas' dark eyebrows, they are practically like translucent compared to Thranduil's :laugh: I think Thranduil is more likely to appear as a fig in some Battle of Five Armies set than in sets related to the Mirkwood episode.

The eyebrows are not as inntimidating when you views the image at its original size. the bad quality of the photo is also making it seem bushier than they are.

I hope we don't have to wait 2 years before we see him in lego form :sceptic:

It will be interesting to see what LEGO ends up doing with possible future waves of hobbit/lotr, how often they will release sets and from wich series.

It will be interesting to see what LEGO ends up doing with possible future waves of hobbit/lotr, how often they will release sets and from wich series.

It would make the most sense if the summer waves were all LotR inspired, and then the ones around Christmas were all Hobbit since the first two Hobbit movies will be released in December of 2012 and 2013 respectively. Who knows what they will actually end up doing though.

It would make the most sense if the summer waves were all LotR inspired, and then the ones around Christmas were all Hobbit since the first two Hobbit movies will be released in December of 2012 and 2013 respectively. Who knows what they will actually end up doing though.

The third film was planned for a summer 2013 release, so we'll probably see a mix by then if not before that already.

Fellow Canadians!! *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

(EDIT:And residents from Australia, New Zealand and the UK!!!)

Warner Brother's online merch shop now sells LOTR sets (minus Orc Forge) at USA MSRP price and apparently ships to Canada - you know what that means!!! I haven't tried ordering yet (I'm in the process of moving) but I will definitely get my 2nd Uruk Hai army set from them if they ship to Canada.

Anyone care to try it out?

http://www.wbshop.com

Definitely not any better for the UK because by the time one paid all the taxes and other import duties it would bring the price to the same prices in UK or higher even. :sceptic:

I took the test for the Bilbo minifig but I couldn't get any higher than B- :cry_sad: I'll have to read the book again :classic:

I've read it recently and there's quite a few questions that aren't from the Hobbit book. I had one about Radagast, for instance.

Thanks for the link. I'm quite the Hobbit fan and read the book various times in its multiple forms. It still took me some tries to improve my initial B+ to A- and finally A and the notion that Bilbo would be proud. Some of the questions were related to the wider world of the the Hobbit. I got one I could answer due to playing a Lord of the Rings Video Game (War in the North), for example.

I'd be incredibly happy to get LEGO Bilbo or the Thorin statue. :) But knowing my luck with winning in games, I put that down as "fun". :)

Wow!! That's impressive Lynx *huh*

My wife would roll her eyes and replace "impressive" with "nerdy" - and she might be right. :classic:

My wife would roll her eyes and replace "impressive" with "nerdy" - and she might be right. :classic:

I can only imagine what your wife will think if you win the statue :laugh:

Fellow Canadians!! *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

(EDIT:And residents from Australia, New Zealand and the UK!!!)

Warner Brother's online merch shop now sells LOTR sets (minus Orc Forge) at USA MSRP price and apparently ships to Canada - you know what that means!!! I haven't tried ordering yet (I'm in the process of moving) but I will definitely get my 2nd Uruk Hai army set from them if they ship to Canada.

Anyone care to try it out?

http://www.wbshop.com

hey thanks for the edit! also free shipping with orders over $50!

I've read it recently and there's quite a few questions that aren't from the Hobbit book. I had one about Radagast, for instance.

Yea same here,I managed to reach it at B- but I cant go any further and I bet few questions is from the movie like,what creatures attacked Radagast's house???

Thanks for the link. I'm quite the Hobbit fan and read the book various times in its multiple forms. It still took me some tries to improve my initial B+ to A- and finally A and the notion that Bilbo would be proud. Some of the questions were related to the wider world of the the Hobbit. I got one I could answer due to playing a Lord of the Rings Video Game (War in the North), for example.

I'd be incredibly happy to get LEGO Bilbo or the Thorin statue. :) But knowing my luck with winning in games, I put that down as "fun". :)

Congrats and good luck,guess I have to read the hobbit again any way Thorins statue is awsome it could be a great prize.

Btw check this out Amazon.fr has listed the hobbit sets prices,I bet the rumored is real ,still I have no problem with that but I dont get it,where is the set with the 3 trolls?? Here is the link: http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/08/lego-the-hobbit-les-prix-et-les-noms-des-sets-en-francais/

Well that cancels out that rumored info my Gamestop manager told me about Gandalf.

Sorry for the trouble pages back. :/

-Omi

Makes me wonder where he heard that... I'm glad it Elrond though, he looks great! :wub_drool:

It is great that it is confirmed, I stiil found curious the fact that it clearly states "Gamestop exclusive minifigure" I wonder if other stores may get a different minifig.

It is great that it is confirmed, I stiil found curious the fact that it clearly states "Gamestop exclusive minifigure" I wonder if other stores may get a different minifig.

Its usualy a region/contry exclusive for one store.

EB Games is Australia doesn't have any mention of the Elrond fig...Hopefully they will still offer them

well NZ eb games say you get a figure, they didn't say it was elrond though

Just ordered 2 helms deeps and an urukhai army

Saw this news and instantly preordered the PC version. I'd prefer a Steam copy. However, given that Elrond's battle armor could not appear in a set at the earliest until Summer 2013 (possible Last Alliance set), and possibly not even until Summer 2014 (Elrond could likely appear in The Battle Of Five Armies) - or might remain a true exclusive, it's worth the hassle and $5 S&H/tax to secure this awesome minifigure.

It doesn't look like it. I checked Wal-Mart and Amazon and both have the LotR game available for pre-order, but no mention of a minifigure anywhere. Personally I am glad, I wouldn't want to have an exclusive minifigure from each retailer, it would be expensive and near impossible to get them all since each would cost 50 bucks a pop.

It doesn't look like it. I checked Wal-Mart and Amazon and both have the LotR game available for pre-order, but no mention of a minifigure anywhere. Personally I am glad, I wouldn't want to have an exclusive minifigure from each retailer, it would be expensive and near impossible to get them all since each would cost 50 bucks a pop.

If you just want the minifigure, your best bet is to get the PC version for 30 bucks and then try returning it sans receipt at the nearest walmart.

Saw this news and instantly preordered the PC version. I'd prefer a Steam copy. However, given that Elrond's battle armor could not appear in a set at the earliest until Summer 2013 (possible Last Alliance set), and possibly not even until Summer 2014 (Elrond could likely appear in The Battle Of Five Armies) - or might remain a true exclusive, it's worth the hassle and $5 S&H/tax to secure this awesome minifigure.

Elronds armor outfit looks diferent in the hobbit ;)

Doesn't Elrond appear in full battle armor in the opening scene of one of the versions of Fellowship of the Ring?

Doesn't Elrond appear in full battle armor in the opening scene of one of the versions of Fellowship of the Ring?

yes that's the version that does exist