wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

So The Hobbit series of sets start with only one....or will the rest be surprise like the collectable minifigs ? :wink:

Haha that almost sounds like a threat! I agree with deskp though. I don't think we will see 3 trolls in one set, being that they would be a new big mold, and it would seem silly to just put one troll in a set.

Comic Con starts today so we will start getting pictures I am sure through out the day. Also remember it is only 6:12 am in San Diego right now :wink:

I can imagine that they would make the set with 1 or 2 troll(s) and 1 or 2 brickbuild, turned into, stone troll(s)... would be cool :cry_happy:

Thorin, Bilbo and Gandalf should be included

Edited by narbilu

I can imagine that they would make the set with 1 or 2 troll(s) and 1 or 2 brickbuild, turned into, stone troll(s)... would be cool :cry_happy:

Um the trolls retains their exact shape while in stone, so a brick buildt one together with the rest would be odd.

__

Is Gimlis beard supposed to be redish brown? it looks like some pale redish brown, is the color new or is it just bad color/plastic. It looks way less orangey than normal redish brown.

Edited by deskp

LEGO LOTR/Hobbit booth: empty... for now :classic:

Link

Edited by Cammo

Man, here is hoping that these are just rumors and not the actual sets. Because, besides the Warg Attack and the already known Bag End set, the rest of these sound just meh. And for a line with this much hype, meh just won't cut it. For Lego to miss the chance to make sets on Barrels out of Bond, the trolls, and the White Council just seems like a mistake. We need elves, wizards (besides Gandalf) and more trolls Lego! Don't disappoint your fans!

Well they did the same with the first LotR wave. They left out a TON of classic scenes and creatures, and rightfully so. The Balrog fight, Minas Tirith, Rivendell, the Warg Ambush, Ents, undead, fel beasts, etc. Don't forget they need to leave some of the really memorable stuff for other waves which I am sure there will be many, many more of.

Edited by Deathleech

LEGO LOTR/Hobbit booth: empty... for now :classic:

Link

That photo was taken 16 hours ago. thursday is lotr/hobbit day!

Designs change becuase they are 10 years more experiences now and they want the hobbit to look the best it can.

Besides now they are featured characthers, in lotr they were barely scenery.

Designs change becuase they are 10 years more experiences now and they want the hobbit to look the best it can.

Besides now they are featured characthers, in lotr they were barely scenery.

Ya I get that, but just make them look more realistic and updated, not different. Like the Wargs in LotR you can tell look kind of fake in some of the scenes, so just make them look better now. They could still look the same but look more realistic with their fur and texturing and against the backdrops.

The trolls I guess could be explained as the troll in Moria was a cave troll, and the trolls in the Hobbit are stone trolls so that's not as big of deal in my eyes. Plus, they still look sort of similar to each other unlike the Wargs which look nothing alike really other than being an animal on all fours.

Ya I get that, but just make them look more realistic and updated, not different. Like the Wargs in LotR you can tell look kind of fake in some of the scenes, so just make them look better now. They could still look the same but look more realistic with their fur and texturing and against the backdrops.

The trolls I guess could be explained as the troll in Moria was a cave troll, and the trolls in the Hobbit are stone trolls so that's not as big of deal in my eyes. Plus, they still look sort of similar to each other unlike the Wargs which look nothing alike really other than being an animal on all fours.

When we see the final hobbit wargs we'll no doubt see less has changed than the banner art makes it seem like.

Del Toro, when he was still director, stated: “There will be different sensibilities involved in this movie than there were in the original trilogy. First of all, because we have the travelogues in The Hobbit which goes to places and variations on races that were not addressed in the trilogy. My belief on the ‘Wargs’ issue is that the classical incarnation of the demonic wolf in Nordic mythology is not a hyena-shaped creature. It is a wolf. The archetype is a wolf, so we’re going to go back to the slender, archetypal wolf that is, I think, the inspiration for Tolkien.” Agree 100%. Those LotR wargs look dumb as hell.

Ooooo... :wub: That's a really nice figure. Looks just like Bilbo should. I'm assuming that that's going to be just a Shire version of Bilbo, though, much like the Gandalf Arrives Cart Frodo.

Ok - did anyone else see the lotr sets in the Cabinet to the left of gandalf?

Are they new ?

Ok - did anyone else see the lotr sets in the Cabinet to the left of gandalf?

Are they new ?

Nope, not new.

On top there's just Helm's Deep with The Mines of Moria under it,

and some smaller sets including Weathertop beneath them.

EDIT: How dare you?! Ninja'ing me by just a second! Pfft. Intolerable... unacceptable... :tongue:

Edited by General Magma

Unless i've got my timezones messed up... Comic con just opened, so we can expect pictures soon!

Unless i've got my timezones messed up... Comic con just opened, so we can expect pictures soon!

That's good news!

Also, I'm unsure about the design for Tom, Bert and Bill. They look really good, but I'm worried about the continuity between The Hobbit and LOTR. Regardless, this new design will definitely call for a new troll mold, as you said, deskp.

Pictures, pictures, pictures..

Everyone! :laugh:

Well you've got opportunity, in this very community!

-Sci

Pictures, pictures, pictures..

Everyone! :laugh:

Well you've got opportunity, in this very community!

-Sci

Pictures pictures pictures

Come on guys , join in!

Pictures pictures pictures

Come on guys , join in!

Well I would love pictures but aren't they 'unveiling' the Hobbit sets which means that we'll most likely see them later when they're shown off :sweet:

Guys, spamming an EB topic isn't going to magically make pictures appear. It will just make mods grumpy. The pictures will come soon in due course, I'm sure.

Guys, spamming an EB topic isn't going to magically make pictures appear. It will just make mods grumpy. The pictures will come soon in due course, I'm sure.

Soz cloney :D

Well, Lego certainly have great people in their marketing department.

In the last few years they have done everything right when it comes with licenses, timing, etc