wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

There is still hope for an elven set as 79004 isn't mentioned on the german site. Dutch site mentions 15th of december as release date, including 79004.

Disappointing to see that in 4 of the 5 listed sets, Bilbo is mentioned. (Feels a bit like HP, I think I have over 10 Harry's)

I'm hoping that Bag End will have 'casual' Bilbo, whilst Mystery of the Ring and Fleeing the Mirkwood Spiders have 'adventure' Bilbo, I wouldn't mind that so much.

He'd probabaly be in every set if there were not thirteen Dwarves and Gandalf to add in as well :)

Assuming these are genuine, that is!

No-one wondering what happend to set number 9475

9474 Helm's Deep and 9476 Orc Forge... will there be something in between?

Well, I don't know how much this german site is to trust. In the little text above it says that all the listed "sets" below are based on pure speculation based on rumors from the internet and key scenes from the book "The Hobbit". Plus, set numbers are weird, prices seem incorrect, there are no prelim pics and all those other little hints that would make it at least seem legit are missing.

I wouldn't put too much hope in it and rather wait for comic-con. :classic:

Cheers, C*

There was a set in 1992 with that number - 9475: Ideas for Action Junior Project Works

But LEGO have made sets with the same number before so who knows! :classic:

Been asked and answered a thousand times. That number has been used already. Try Bricklink, Brickset etc they have quite a catalogue of existing & pending sets, parts & minifigs.

Been asked and answered a thousand times. That number has been used already. Try Bricklink, Brickset etc they have quite a catalogue of existing & pending sets, parts & minifigs.

Both sites mentioned do not list the number anymore, so I was just wondering.

Well, I don't know how much this german site is to trust. In the little text above it says that all the listed "sets" below are based on pure speculation based on rumors from the internet and key scenes from the book "The Hobbit". Plus, set numbers are weird, prices seem incorrect, there are no prelim pics and all those other little hints that would make it at least seem legit are missing.

I wouldn't put too much hope in it and rather wait for comic-con. :classic:

Cheers, C*

I agree. I only really thing giving this any credibility is the fact that we are pretty sure there will be a Bag End. There is no way of really knowing if any of the others are true. Besides I am pretty sure somebody posted that link a before while back?

Does anyone know where this movie ends? That might explain the lack of Elf sets. :wink:

Well, it ends sometime after the scenes with the elves when the dwarves escape in barrels...

This list was based on rumors and had 5 out of 6 sets, and we only know that Bag End is true - I would be surprised if they

didn't do a set of Dol Guldur with the White Council, or a set with the 3 trolls.

Does anyone know where this movie ends? That might explain the lack of Elf sets. :wink:

Up to the barrel-riding, so the episode in Thranduil's realm is included.

Personally I find it slightly hard to believe that the biggest set would be based on the Goblin Town scene, what would be the building element, just some cavern walls? It worked once for Moria well enough, but not again?

Sets sound interesting but one question: Why 5-digit numbers?

-Sci

The sets themselves are rumors and the set numbers aren't real.

Don't know if this is 100% relative to this thread but here's the design of Tom, Bert and Bill Huggins from The Hobbit.

My guess is that they will just use the cave troll molds and alter the colours and decals.

My guess would be, new mold or no trolls.

These guys got toes, fingers, nose and ears. I know minifigs usualy haven't got that but for a large figure it would proapbly need that.

Also I think it would be abit odd to make a set and not include all 3 trolls... And a set with 3 large figures seems abit much...

Also I would hope lego is better than reusing molds that almost fits.

Man, here is hoping that these are just rumors and not the actual sets. Because, besides the Warg Attack and the already known Bag End set, the rest of these sound just meh. And for a line with this much hype, meh just won't cut it. For Lego to miss the chance to make sets on Barrels out of Bond, the trolls, and the White Council just seems like a mistake. We need elves, wizards (besides Gandalf) and more trolls Lego! Don't disappoint your fans!

Im confused - I thought that I would be seeing lego comic con pictures right now - but I cant find any!

D:

Edited by Pythor

Haha that almost sounds like a threat! I agree with deskp though. I don't think we will see 3 trolls in one set, being that they would be a new big mold, and it would seem silly to just put one troll in a set.

Comic Con starts today so we will start getting pictures I am sure through out the day. Also remember it is only 6:12 am in San Diego right now :wink:

Edited by Spider-Man

Haha that almost sounds like a threat! I agree with deskp though. I don't think we will see 3 trolls in one set, being that they would be a new big mold, and it would seem silly to just put one troll in a set.

Comic Con starts today so we will start getting pictures I am sure through out the day. Also remember it is only 6:12 am in San Diego right now :wink:

Thanks , but - does that mean i have to wait about 2 hours for pics?

I think it opens the doors at 9:30 am pacific time, so it would be a little over 3 hours from now we should start seeing stuff :thumbup:

I think it opens the doors at 9:30 am pacific time, so it would be a little over 3 hours from now we should start seeing stuff :thumbup:

Oh poo poo D:

Yep, I'll be asleep in less than a hour....well I guess the images will be up by in six or seven hours time. :wink:

I wonder if it will only be the minifigs or actual sets on display ? :look:

Bag end will be on display , i think it has been confirmed ,and also the minifigures