wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Bilbos hair should be brown!

I hope it's at least dark tan.

Oh nice new figures and molds. Still wondering when the first lot of LOTR lego will be available in Japan though :(

Did you guy's only link the lr version?

Picture links to HR version! +4000.pxl

hr_hobbit_figs_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by GRogall

High Resolution Here

EDIT: Grogal beet me to it :sceptic:

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Thanks GRogall!! :sweet:

Dwalin looks a lot better from up close, but I don't think Bombur has any printing.

Lego continue to amaze with their minifigs! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

LOTR will send me broke and it has taken over as my favourite Lego theme!

Cannot wait to see the sets that come with it, or the Hobbit movies themselves

79003 I presume will be the shire.

based on being somewhere before mirkwood (gandalph is present)

no characters beside the "fellowship characters"

and I can't really think of any scenes (in the book of course) that would be made scenes that fit that description.

I could be wrong though

The minifigs are nice, but I do hope a few more of the dwarves will have "normal" beards and hair, instead of the crazy molds we see here on Bombur and Bofur. A little variety in dwarven facial hair is always nice, but I can't see using those pieces in too many different scenarios. They've done a great job making the dwarves into distinct characters, though. Can't wait for more pics, especially if this really is the Bag End set!

The minifigs are nice, but I do hope a few more of the dwarves will have "normal" beards and hair, instead of the crazy molds we see here on Bombur and Bofur. A little variety in dwarven facial hair is always nice, but I can't see using those pieces in too many different scenarios. They've done a great job making the dwarves into distinct characters, though. Can't wait for more pics, especially if this really is the Bag End set!

Well you can see from the images of the dwarves in the movie what beards they'll make.

THE-HOBBIT-DWARVES.jpg

After looking at the high rez pictures it appears that Dwalin has blue tats on both sides of his face! That, my friends, is epic. Massively epic. Apparently in the movie Bifur will have a hunk of orc ax still stuck in his head. :laugh: I can't wait to see what Lego will do with that.

This is going to be a very good Christmas in the mangunz household this year!

Wow! Never in my wildest dreams would I have hoped for such great likenesses. I mean, they're so very different from each other in the films, they would have to do something special. I just didn't expect so many new, unique molds. I hope they show all 13 dwarves and some goblins at SDCC!

Well you can see from the images of the dwarves in the movie what beards they'll make.

THE-HOBBIT-DWARVES.jpg

I've seen that, but that doesn't really tell us how TLG will do them. And the dwarves' headgear changes throughout the movies, too. There is at least one picture out there that shows dwarves wearing the hoods they all have in the book. And I'm sure they will have helmets on at some point. Hoods and helmets won't work with those one-piece hair/beards.

Whoa, I love these new figs! Balin looks amazing! I really hope I'll be able to tell the difference between the dwarves! It might be time to pull out the Hobbit again!

Whoa, I love these new figs! Balin looks amazing! I really hope I'll be able to tell the difference between the dwarves! It might be time to pull out the Hobbit again!

I think the movies will help with differences. They all look really different.

Thanks, Grogall, for the hi res pic of these amazing figs! Upon closer inspection, Dwalin looks a lot better. I think that Balon is my favourite, though. He looks like Santa after a really rough Christmas eve! :laugh:

Wow these look great. I'm happy that LEGO is making them each unique (as they should be). Seeing this, it makes me more confident that LOTR will be taking on the role of SW for us castle/fantasy fans!

One of the fears I had about the upcoming Hobbit sets was if Lego would run the risk of repeating themselves. Tolken has several recurring themes in both the Hobbit and the LOTR books, such as trolls, caves featuring goblins and giant spiders. In the LOTR sets from this summer, we already had excellent versions of all those themes ie. the Mines of Moria and Shelob attacks. And we all know the Hobbit films will tackle similar territory, like the spiders in Mirkwood.

However, seeing how creative Lego has been just with these few minifigures and the detail and creativity they have put into them alleviates many of those fears.Anyone else have any thoughts or concerns about getting "repeats" with the Hobbit sets?

Anyway, here is a little something to help you fantasize about future Hobbit sets. The latest poster from New Line depicting many of the major events in the first movie. Beorn in megafigure size anyone? :wub:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/the-hobbit-banner-poster.jpg

One of the fears I had about the upcoming Hobbit sets was if Lego would run the risk of repeating themselves. Tolken has several recurring themes in both the Hobbit and the LOTR books, such as trolls, caves featuring goblins and giant spiders. In the LOTR sets from this summer, we already had excellent versions of all those themes ie. the Mines of Moria and Shelob attacks. And we all know the Hobbit films will tackle similar territory, like the spiders in Mirkwood.

However, seeing how creative Lego has been just with these few minifigures and the detail and creativity they have put into them alleviates many of those fears.Anyone else have any thoughts or concerns about getting "repeats" with the Hobbit sets?

Anyway, here is a little something to help you fantasize about future Hobbit sets. The latest poster from New Line depicting many of the major events in the first movie. Beorn in megafigure size anyone? :wub:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/the-hobbit-banner-poster.jpg

Thanks for the link to that poster! I can't tell if it's official or fan made, though. It seems official, but the Wargs look a lot like normal wolves, and nothing like those from LOTR.

Also, I don't think we are gonna see a lot of repeats for the Hobbit sets. Sure there are trolls and spiders in both The Hobbit and LOTR, but in the Hobbit, there are three trolls outside by a big fire, unlike the one troll in Moria. The spiders are many, and most likely smaller compared to Shelob, and they are in a forest. And the goblins have a more defined leader, and will most likely have different armor, and maybe even look different from the Moria orcs.

I wonder if LEGO will make the stone giants that play games during the big storm, before the group is swallowed up into Golblin Town.

I've seen that, but that doesn't really tell us how TLG will do them. And the dwarves' headgear changes throughout the movies, too. There is at least one picture out there that shows dwarves wearing the hoods they all have in the book. And I'm sure they will have helmets on at some point. Hoods and helmets won't work with those one-piece hair/beards.

well im pretty sure they won't wear helmets in the first movie, and I dont think lego will make them wearing hoods (except for Ori perhaps) It's in their best interest to make them as recognizable as possible. And I'm gonna guess most of the action happens with the hoods off.

It really would be dissapointing if they made Nori with hood on. (the guy with star shaped hair)

The Bofur minifig comes with his hood.

Thats his hat, and he wears it in almost everything we've seen from the movie.