wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Ummm, TLG, can you please sell a set that just includes all the minifigs and accessories from that video? Thanks! :wink:

Seriously, the “White Hand“ accessories are very cool. It’s really annoying that only The Orc Forge comes with them. :angry:

:laugh: The story video was pretty funny, but I enjoyed the minifigure video more. Much more interesting to see the details.

Just saw the Belgian retail price for Gandalf Arrives: 17 EUR. Are you kidding me? :wacko:

Edited by Cammo

Just saw the Belgian retail price for Gandalf Arrives: 17 EUR. Are you kidding me? :wacko:

Saw some Dutch retail prices as well - around 16-17 EUR as for LEGO S@H, but in some other stores the sets are a whole lot cheaper.

Found Helm's Deep listed for €102. Now that's one I'd gladly buy at that price, but I will only buy the rest for a good discount, or whatever should lower the price.

For those who discussed the sets from The Hobbit, they should be out in December. It's unknown whether there are LOTR sets along with those or not,

but it is a possible thing - it seemed to have been hinted at before and it's doubtful that they're willing to release all possible sets for the first movie of The Hobbit already. We might see some more this summer, mixed with LOTR ones.

Edited by General Magma

Does anyone notice Eomer's cape doesn't seem to be the same new soft fabric that's in the other capes? Rather odd, to me.

Got Eomer today (:wub:) and mine had the new soft cape. You may have just gotten one of the sets from an off batch.

Got Eomer today (:wub:) and mine had the new soft cape. You may have just gotten one of the sets from an off batch.

Oh well. He is a really awesome fig nonetheless. :sweet:

Oh well. He is a really awesome fig nonetheless. :sweet:

Yup. :grin: I'm planning on getting a few more copies, so I'll check and see how common they might be. :sweet:

I really enjoyed the minifigure design video, and now I'm waiting for battlepacks because I don't know how I'll be able to afford an army. :cry_sad:

Great videos! Gotta love seeing those armies. I really appreciate that they're thinking this way. Giving us lots of opportunities to army build those Uruks too.

What do people think of this? Any good? Or not very orcish?

7458414806_8fe1622ca0.jpg

I think that looks wonderful! Nice way to add some variety.

Got most of my sets this week and finally found the time to put some together yesterday.

My first impression:

Shelob: GF got mad because I scared her with the spider, the build of the spider is great!!! Cave entrance s#$@cks, TLG couyld do better

Gandalf arrives: nice small set, took me not more than 5 minutes to build though.

Uruk Army: wall piece is a great addition for Helms Deep, mini's are beyond great

Moria: I think TLG couldn't have done a better job with this one

Still in box:

Helm's deep

Orc Forge

Still not available in NL:

Weathertop

Uruk's armor looks fantastic, need to get more... they are great for army building

Minifigs are awesome... will make good additions to (any/my) medieval moc

My Shelob set had 4 golden rings in it :laugh:

Got most of my sets this week and finally found the time to put some together yesterday.

Where did you get the sets?! They aren't available in Belgium so I might just jump in the car and pick them up at a retail store in The Netherlands. :classic:

Where did you get the sets?! They aren't available in Belgium so I might just jump in the car and pick them up at a retail store in The Netherlands. :classic:

I have no idea how he got them since they're not available 'round here for me either, and I live in The Netherlands...

The expected release date was August 1st - where in the name of Gandalf did you get those, narbilu?

Bought them on amazon.de, free delivery in europe.

I was not prepared for how big Helm's Deep is! Easily the biggest model I own, especially once a piece of Uruk-Hai Army wall is attached.

Anyway the combination of Helm's Deep plus 2x Uruk-Hai Army sets makes for a very impressive battle scene, to say the least!

That minifig production video was really cool! All of those Uruks and goblins looked so awesome! Now I really want to collect a massive Uruk army!

I didn't realize there were so many different combination possibilities on the Uruk-hai. I think the designer said something like 55? Incredible!

Is this new ? The Hobbit 2012 sets

That's definitely new. If it's true, then we know that...

1) We are getting 6 Hobbit sets by the end of the year.

2) LEGO is going to start using 5-digit numbers for mainstream sets.

3) 79010 may be a retailer exclusive, which means only 5 sets will be at normal retailers.

Is this new ? The Hobbit 2012 sets

Those are some awkward set numbers.

And, it's still a bit early to say, but I guess that confirms we're just getting sets from The Hobbit, and no more LOTR until next year.. :sad:

Edited by General Magma

Google translates that as Bag End. Interesting choice for what I would assume to be the flagship set of the theme (if that price is correct)

Don't get excited; if you read the entire thing, it says that they in fact have no information at all about the sets, and just provide some description about Bag End in the story.

Don't get excited; if you read the entire thing, it says that they in fact have no information at all about the sets, and just provide some description about Bag End in the story.

Yea, I could tell it's not too accurate since they imply that Bilbo is on his way to Mt. Doom :laugh: