wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I know, but there is still a way to see Shelob's designer video, Click on Products, click on Shelob Attacks, the video on the bottom of the screen will be the correct one.

Thanks. Great help :thumbup:

Folks, Barnes & Noble is running a great deal on three of the LOTR sets right now...

Huge thanks for posting that info. I can't jump on those right now (even though I'd like to), but those are some pretty great deals on some awesome sets. :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads-up! I just ordered them and will take back my Wal-Mart purchases today. I will save over $70! Thanks to toysnbricks and djmangunz and barnes and noble for this great deal! :thumbup:

No problem! Just looking out for my fellow fanatics!

Wow! Thanks for that! I just ordered Helm's Deep for that great price! Hopefully it works. Weren't there some SW sets discounted from BN awhile ago that folks had trouble with getting the orders filled?

I hope it works as well! My order still says "preparing to ship" so hopefully that is a good sign. I have never ordered Lego from B&N before, here is hoping that the first time is a positive experience.

Any chance that those sales work at the physical stores?

That is a good question. You could always take your phone in with you and show the sale price to the salesperson. However, I am afraid that the codes for the extra percentage off only work on-line.

Huge thanks for posting that info. I can't jump on those right now (even though I'd like to), but those are some pretty great deals on some awesome sets. :thumbup:

No problem. That is the downside of having a Lego addiction, it is rather expensive :laugh: But if you do find a spare $100 around the house you have to spring for Helm's Deep. It really is a thing of beauty!

And just a reminder that if you guys come across sales to let us know! Speaking of which, Amazon has Weathertop for $45 right now, not as good as B&N with coupon, but if you prefer Amazon then there you go! Link:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Rings-Hobbit-Attack-Weathertop/dp/B007Q0OUNA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339360962&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+weathertop

Does anybody knows what the "Lord of the rings quest for the ring" is about? It was in the June calendar.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

This is something I knocked together in LDD to demonstrate what I think a LEGO LOTR licensed set of Minas Tirith might look like. If LEGO do make LOTR licesned sets then I think sets along these lines are MUCH more likely than a lot of the amazing stuff people have been dreaming about in this thread.

MinasTirithSet2.png

Oh no the evil Nazgul has attacked the great city of Minas Tirith! Will he capture poor Pippin? Will The guard shoot him out of the sky with the catapult? Will Gandalf the mighty white wizard defeat him?

Personally I wouldn't buy this set. I think a child would have fun with it but I think LEGO could just as easily make an unlicsened equivalent of it that would be better designed, just as if not more fun for the child, come at a lower price and be much more compatible with existing and previous LEGO castle/fantasy themes.

That mock set and accompanying caption is hilarious. :laugh:

I don't think Lego would stoop so low as to include a BURP piece in such a small set, though... the closest we have to this mock up is Uruk-Hai army, and the wall piece is quite detailed.

I don't think Lego would stoop so low as to include a BURP piece in such a small set, though... the closest we have to this mock up is Uruk-Hai army, and the wall piece is quite detailed.

I think it's pretty fair to say at this point that this theme's intent by TLG is to milk AFOL and TFOL wallets so the likelihood of that set happening is about as likely as TLG making Star Wars sets with reasonable price tags that aren't UCS.

Sure they could get away with that stuff(4767) with the Harry Potter theme since kids were a much bigger part of the target audience for the theme.

I think theres a chanse we might get a set with Minas tirith gate or cortyard, perhaps a wall piece with a trebuchey(?) The most concentrated part of the minas tirith action is around the gate.

The proposed minas tirith set in this thread is way too pessimistic. I dont think well get the full city either cause it can't be done well without thousands of pieces, but I dont think they'll try to mimic the whole city in a small set like it seems to have been done b "Weil"

I think theres a chanse we might get a set with Minas tirith gate or cortyard, perhaps a wall piece with a trebuchey(?) The most concentrated part of the minas tirith action is around the gate.

The proposed minas tirith set in this thread is way too pessimistic. I dont think well get the full city either cause it can't be done well without thousands of pieces, but I dont think they'll try to mimic the whole city in a small set like it seems to have been done b "Weil"

1e9dw7.png

I just want to say if they would make this minifig is going to be awesome. :thumbup:

Folks, Barnes & Noble is running a great deal on three of the LOTR sets right now.

Thanks for the heads up! I just purchased my first LOTR set, Weathertop, for $35! What a deal considering the price TRU is charging :hmpf_bad:

Plus free shipping with a purchase over $25 makes this purchase a no brainer for me! :thumbup: Thanks for the info djmangunz!

Sorry, but I don't like it. It looks like an owl-man-thing.

So you don't recoginze them? They're Easterlings!

...I think :wacko:

They have some gigantic, amazing Star Wars sets, so I think we can dare to think big. Minas Tirith would obviously be the crown jewel of the Middle-earth sets. Up to twice as big as Helm’s Deep, but no bigger. It doesn’t have to have seven tiers. It just needs to be treated as a “castle” (rather than a whole city) and abstracted out in the normal way every castle has ever been. As long as it has the recognizable shape — rounded wall, spur of rock, Tower of Ecthelion — you can focus on play elements. Let it swing open so you can have a Houses of Healing room, a Houses of the Dead room, a Hall of the King. Do something cool with the gate.

If you put the black ninja head piece over the Prince of Persia Alamut guards you get some nice Haradrim.

Also, I doubt we will see Oliphants as they would not make a mould as it would be too big therefore too expensive to sell and they would not make it brick built as that wouldn't appeal to children.

Great vid! Those goblin helmets look amazing :wub: It makes me question why TLG wouldn't actually make them :hmpf_bad:

Perhaps instead of making an in-scale Oliphant, maybe TLG could just reuse the elephants from the Orient Expedition of the Adventurer's theme. Sure it might be impossible to put the entire tent system on top of it, but they could still make a nice facade. Besides, when was the last time TLG made a large non-UCS set that was in scale?

Hello there guys, i just saw this video about the lego LOTR videogame demo. I don´t know if anyone had posted this but here it goes.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381477/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-e3-2012-stage-demo

Hope you like it.

=)

I've moved this post to the proper topic. There's a thread in Culture and Multimedia already discussing the video game. Please keep that discussion there. Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up! I just purchased my first LOTR set, Weathertop, for $35! What a deal considering the price TRU is charging :hmpf_bad:

I got a friend to get me one on Amazon (who are price matching). Even with shipping and (possibly) import duty it's going to be well under the UK retail price... when they finally decide to show up here.

I'm really pleased. Weathertop is the only "must have" set for me despite being a big LoTR fan. However it's a little bit pricey. This is such a good deal so soon after release. Hopefully I'll get some other sets if/when they come down in price. But for now I'm happy!

Spoke to a member of staff at the Liverpool Lego store at the weekend - LOTR is pencilled to arrive in July - however, he did say TLG like to spring surprises so could be sooner..

Spoke to a member of staff at the Liverpool Lego store at the weekend - LOTR is pencilled to arrive in July - however, he did say TLG like to spring surprises so could be sooner..

I hope so. Manchester store is supposed to open in July as well. Would be cool if they had some kind of LOTR related opening promotion. Although that's almost certainly wishful thinking.

With Monster Fighters and LoTR taking their time and Alien Conquest and Atlantis no longer listed the online store is looking pretty anemic at the moment!

I hope so. Manchester store is supposed to open in July as well. Would be cool if they had some kind of LOTR related opening promotion. Although that's almost certainly wishful thinking.

With Monster Fighters and LoTR taking their time and Alien Conquest and Atlantis no longer listed the online store is looking pretty anemic at the moment!

The guy did say that Monster Fighters was due to hit the store (Liverpool) some time in the next two weeks despite the original release date they were given so who knows.

Edited by llb

Good! Now I need to schedule a trip to Liverpool!:laugh:

Also, I think (Hope) a Lego Oliphaunt would be more like the Dino T-Rex in leg, head and tail connections, but have a largely brickbuilt body. That'd allow us to easily mod different pagoda's onto them.