wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Love the scrummy thin hair printing on the mordor orcs back head.

Btw: Both Eomers and Theodens horses should be white/light grey..

And if youre one fore accuracy you'll switch out their higlanders swords for gladiator swords.

I'm pretty sure Theoden's horse in the battle of the Hornburg was brown. He rode a white horse in the battle on the Pelennor Fields.

I'm pretty sure Theoden's horse in the battle of the Hornburg was brown. He rode a white horse in the battle on the Pelennor Fields.

Ah you're right.

I'd still have liked them to make a white one for Eomer.. x]

I think prozac meant that he should buy another Moria set from the LEGO store and then take that unopened box to TRU to get his money back.

I'm with you guys. No sign of any LOTR (or Monster Fighters) sets in Sweden. No idea when they'll be released here either, but hopefully by the end of June at least..

Well people, just to make you feel better, here in Brazil these sets will arrive probably only in October. =/

I wish the horse in the Uruk-Hai set was tan (like in the preliminary pictures) as opposed to brown like in the other 2 sets. I'm sure they'll eventually produce more colors so I guess I'm just impatient :tongue:

Can't you just wait 4 weeks? Because 40 EUR is a lot for just some cardboard and wrapping paper :sceptic:

If you don't need the boxes you can save decent money just shipping the loose bags and instructions.

I ordered my first few LotR sets last night from S@H! Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-hai Army. The free Hulk minifig and poster made it an extra sweet deal. I can't wait to get these!!

Are the sets available to buy at Target yet? I was considering the possibility of stopping by and picking up Uruk-Hai Army.

Does anyone know of a good review of Helms Deep yet? I really want to see other views besides the front of it!

I ordered my first few LotR sets last night from S@H! Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-hai Army. The free Hulk minifig and poster made it an extra sweet deal. I can't wait to get these!!

Nice. That's excactly what I ordered last night too. Can't wait to get me some new horses! :excited:

Are the sets available to buy at Target yet? I was considering the possibility of stopping by and picking up Uruk-Hai Army.

Not yet, I called three today. Target.com has them though.

Nice. That's excactly what I ordered last night too. Can't wait to get me some new horses! :excited:

Yep, same here. I chose those three sets to tip me over the $50 mark for the free Hulk. Could've gotten the Weathertop set I suppose, but with such a dismal price/piece I'll wait for a sale on that one.

Yep, same here. I chose those three sets to tip me over the $50 mark for the free Hulk. Could've gotten the Weathertop set I suppose, but with such a dismal price/piece I'll wait for a sale on that one.

While I agree on the terrible price per piece on the Weathertop set, I just couldn't wait to get my hands on those Nazgul minifigs and those lovely black horses. Also I saw DoctorBrickDady's review on Youtube and was pretty impressed with what I saw (in spite of the price). Besides, I'll be picking up most of the smaller sets in the next couple of months and strongly hinting to my wife to get me Helm's Deep and Moria for my birthday or whenever TRU has them for buy 1 get one 1/2 off. That's the only time when I'm willing to pay the TRU tax.

Went to LEGO Store today, no luck. :hmpf_bad: But... TRU had the whole line! :wub_drool: Picked up Gandalf Arrives. Pretty nice set, awesome figs. :wub:

It looks like my TRU got another full shipment last night. They now have the full LotR line. Helms Deep looks better than I thought. Weather top looks great as well. ( if only I had the budget for all of them :cry_sad: )

They also had all of the City Mining sets and all of the Monster Hunters except the Zombies one that I was looking for.

Hopefully once people start getting their hands on more Uruk Hai the average price per model on Bricklink ($7 USD) will go down a good bit.

~Dwarf

Went to LEGO Store today, no luck. :hmpf_bad: But... TRU had the whole line! :wub_drool: Picked up Gandalf Arrives. Pretty nice set, awesome figs. :wub:

Lucky! :laugh: I stopped by both TRU AND my local LEGO Store, but had no luck in either! The TRU worker said to call tommorow, though, so I've got a chance.

I just ordered Gandald Arrives, Shelob Attacks, two Uruk-hai Army sets, Weathertop, and Moria, from the LEGO shop online. I should expect to see them by Tuesday, but I paid for express shipping, so maybe Friday! Can't wait!

And if youre one fore accuracy you'll switch out their higlanders swords for gladiator swords.

Why would you give them a gladius? Those are shortswords.

-Omi

I just ordered Gandald Arrives, Shelob Attacks, two Uruk-hai Army sets, Weathertop, and Moria, from the LEGO shop online.

Wish I had that kind of money. :thumbup:

-Omi

The Rohan swords are represented much better by the gladius than the highlander sword. The Rohirrim use shorter swords becuase they are easier to use while mounted on a horse. A longer sword, like Argaorn's or Boromir's, would be too big a cumbersome to be used effectively.

Just got the Orc Forge and The Mines of Moria in the mail with a poster of Gollum. I built The Orc Forge and was surprised to see that it came with four Uruk-hai swords even though the box only shows 3. The Forge itself offers a lot of playability whether you want to forge swords or give birth to Uruk-hai. Overall a very nice set with 4 exclusive figures.

-Omi

If you watch the film, the Rohirrim wield swords with minimal crossguards and shorter blades, quite akin to a gladius.

I just recieved Gandalf Arrives, Uruk-hai Army, Mines of Moria, and Helms Deep in the mail today from Target. I can't believe how detailed and extensive Helms Deep is. And the Haldir minifigure is :wub: His armor printing is fantastic! Lego really hit it out of the park with these sets. I might just have to break down and get Weathertop as well.

If you watch the film, the Rohirrim wield swords with minimal crossguards and shorter blades, quite akin to a gladius.

Not that short.

And then what would the Hobbits use for their dagger-size swords? :P

-Omi