wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Whos more trollish? The troll, or the troll who trolls the troll? :laugh:

simple internet logic my dear fellows!

Ha, if Ben Kenobi were on the Internet.

After having looked at the (lack of) evidence, this theme, as much as may want it, is looking a bit too good to be true. Now, if On Stranger Tides does in fact know something, then maybe not all hope is lost, but I have a feeling that this theme will, if it is true, have no real confirmation until next year.

I've nearly lost hope that this is real. We have no solid evidence, and while the other rumored themes and sets get pictures, this theme gets none. :cry_sad:

I think that this is, just like it was all those other years, just a rumor. :sadnew:

I've nearly lost hope that this is real. We have no solid evidence, and while the other rumored themes and sets get pictures, this theme gets none. :cry_sad:

I think that this is, just like it was all those other years, just a rumor. :sadnew:

It's supposed to be a summer 2012 wave. If it was real, we wouldn't see pictures till December at the earliest.

-Mesonak

It's supposed to be a summer 2012 wave. If it was real, we wouldn't see pictures till December at the earliest.

-Mesonak

I agree. If LotR is coming next year, it will definitely be after the January-April timeframe, because we've already seen the catalog leaks of that stuff.

Lego has a vested interest in keeping this quiet until after the holidays, so as not to hurt sales of Kingdoms sets or anything else in general. That's in addition to their usual (attempted) secrecy.

My two cents: there's enough anecdotal evidence to lead me to believe this is probably happening. The ambiguous video game announcement aside other Lego branded games, what Mirandir said about Kingdoms not continuing, and what On Stranger Tides said (probably 3rd hand knowledge from a Lego store friend?). We'll probably see hard evidence pretty soon. (God help us all.)

P.S. I've gotten this thread crossed with the "Kingdoms 2012" thread. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Zeya

It's extremely premature to give up hope. LotR is rumored to be a Summer 2012 wave, and we don't usually get pics of those for another few months. Additionaly, LEGO's been VERY hush-hush regarding pictures this year - the Marvel/DC sets don't even have non-prelims yet. I'd be a lot more surprised if we HAD seen evidence at this point.

And after some thought I think that LEGO LotR is a real possibility. Castle is taking a break next year - and that's a pretty big hint that something is going to take its place. The Hobbit is coming out late 2012, and with LEGO's recent licensing frenzy, I'd be amazed if they weren't trying to capitalize on the forthcoming rush of LotR fan frenzies.

As for the violence factor, I think LEGO's shown that they can handle that pretty gracefully. They've taken on a lot of risque licenses and handled it without making them seem inappropriate. Heck, the non-licensed themes are often more violent than the licensed ones!

Count me among the optimistic.

I agree. If LotR is coming next year, it will definitely be after the January-April timeframe, because we've already seen the catalog leaks of that stuff.

Lego has a vested interest in keeping this quiet until after the holidays, so as not to hurt sales of Kingdoms sets or anything else in general. That's in addition to their usual (attempted) secrecy.

My two cents: there's enough anecdotal evidence to lead me to believe this is probably happening. The ambiguous video game announcement aside other Lego branded games, what Mirandir said about Kingdoms not continuing, and what On Stranger Tides said (probably 3rd hand knowledge from a Lego store friend?). We'll probably see hard evidence pretty soon. (God help us all.)

P.S. I've gotten this thread crossed with the "Kingdoms 2012" thread. Sorry for any confusion.

I believe at the Toy Fair in Nürnberg or in New York (February 2012) we will see the first pics. (Maybe an Bilbo who is (à la Jack Sparrow) riding an donkey :wink: -or we will see whole LEGO sets à la Harry Potter 2010. I prefer the Harry Potter variant. :grin:

It's extremely premature to give up hope. LotR is rumored to be a Summer 2012 wave, and we don't usually get pics of those for another few months. Additionaly, LEGO's been VERY hush-hush regarding pictures this year - the Marvel/DC sets don't even have non-prelims yet. I'd be a lot more surprised if we HAD seen evidence at this point.

And after some thought I think that LEGO LotR is a real possibility. Castle is taking a break next year - and that's a pretty big hint that something is going to take its place. The Hobbit is coming out late 2012, and with LEGO's recent licensing frenzy, I'd be amazed if they weren't trying to capitalize on the forthcoming rush of LotR fan frenzies.

As for the violence factor, I think LEGO's shown that they can handle that pretty gracefully. They've taken on a lot of risque licenses and handled it without making them seem inappropriate. Heck, the non-licensed themes are often more violent than the licensed ones!

I think this is by far the most eloquent post on the matter for some time.

I believe at the Toy Fair in Nürnberg or in New York (February 2012) we will see the first pics. (Maybe an Bilbo who is (à la Jack Sparrow) riding an donkey :wink: -or we will see whole LEGO sets à la Harry Potter 2010. I prefer the Harry Potter variant. :grin:

Patience is the key people, I know most of us find it hard waiting a few months for any news but perhaps we should put our time to better use and get on with our jobs instead of surfing the net............... :laugh: HELL NO!!!!

I agree about TLG being very hush-hush this year, and the capitalizing on the rush of fans. My first and foremost concern is that we are starting to get rumors already for some summer waves, so wouldn't we be getting the info now or soon in the future? As I said, I have almost lost hope. If we haven't got rumors or pictures by January, I don't think that this will happen. :sadnew:

If Lego gets the LOTR and Hobbit license it will be one of the biggest money spinners they could buy, look at how well the films did. They better out bid MB or lose it to them like with the Spiderman license (although whose laughing now MB with the Marvel and DC license for 2012).

Okay, I worked at the LEGO store when Was told about POTC and as soon as I heard I rushed home and confirmed it to everyone in here... I wasn't wrong about it and im still close to my managers at Lego and I was told about It yesterday. I dont see why its so hush hush but its coming. I haven't been lied to yet,,,

Okay, I worked at the LEGO store when Was told about POTC and as soon as I heard I rushed home and confirmed it to everyone in here... I wasn't wrong about it and im still close to my managers at Lego and I was told about It yesterday. I dont see why its so hush hush but its coming. I haven't been lied to yet,,,

This gives me hope, but just a fool's hope (I had to use a Gandalf quote here! :laugh: ). If this theme is real, we should probably start seeing hints by the new year.

As several has already said above: You shouldn't give up hope about this theme just yet. Pretty much all that has been leaked so far is january - april stuff. Most of the releases beyond that has neither been confirmed or ruled out yet.

If you were just told about it yesterday, then why did you confirm it earlier?

I fear as though there is a cave troll in our midst!

If you were just told about it yesterday, then why did you confirm it earlier?

I fear as though there is a cave troll in our midst!

Troll Alert! If he really knows about this stuff, better change his name to the Return of the King. :sceptic:

Fine fine, if Im wrong Ill be off the forums forever in shame. If Im right, However, Im thanking my Ex Lego coworkers.

You look foul and feel fair, rather than look fair and feel foul, if you take my meaning. There have been times before where people on this site have been right about new sets and such, but have always been branded liars. But, they have always been right. Do you know any more details?

In my constant naïveness, whenever I see that there are new posts in this forum, I have the slightest faint of hope that it is solid evidence of a LOTR release and not apocryphal confirmations. :thumbdown: It would be nice if people stopped posting questionable reports on this release before we see some strong evidence. Otherwise it's all especulation and rumours.

@On Stranger Tides I am sorry if your sources are solid and you are actually right, but at the moment I have no reason to believe this is more reliable than that fake CMFS6 list that was posted on the internet some months ago.

I just got home from where I used to work and we talked about it some more. I was the first to confirm POTC on here. I signed a contract saying I wouldnt tell and I came straight here. Look back If you have to. I solumly swear LOTR will be out 2012. We were discussing it and believe there will be pics in dec or early 2012... We also talked about how kingdoms has or is being killed off just the same as pirates were for POTC. Im super excited, Ill show or tell what I know whenever I learn more. Seeing how Im in the states, I will speak first of anything for our statley bros haha. Like I said whenever I find something out...

I don't know if this was posted before, but I was just browsing the web and came across it. What do you think guys, first wave material? :laugh:

OneLug Photo Shoot

Could someone smarter and more knowledgeable than me examine these photos to see if there are any unique pieces that have never been released in sets by LEGO? Maybe a minifig torso or something? That would certainly provide some solid evidence if there were some unique new pieces.

That's a MOC. Completely a MOC. A really awesome, huge, highly detailed MOC. But still a MOC. It was not done by LEGO, and it is in no way related to any possibility of there being a theme.

If anybody seriously thought LEGO would release a set like that.... :facepalm:

All I can say about Lego LOTR is that if Lego does actually release it and the sets are done right Lego will be getting a lot of business from me and probably a lot of the LOTR collectors out there.

I still don't see LEGO making a LOTR theme, no matter how much I'd like it. ...

Isn't that what we all thought between about 1980 and 1999 with regards to Star Wars? As kids we were all making x-wing fighters and tie fighters out of bricks, then out of the blue Lego came up with actual Star Wars sets (and coincidently a lot of people start drifting out of the "Dark Ages" around that time). All this speculation on LOTR sets does have a familiar feel about it.

They could make a ring on a 1x1 tile similar to Jack's compass, but yes it would be quite large for a ring.

I guess it could be hiding in "its" pocket?

Imagine a clear plastic minifigure for Bilbo or Frodo while wearing the ring.

It would be lovely to get an LOTR theme, and it'll take up the bulk of my purchases surely. Even though I don't obsess over it that much, LOTR is something I hold dear to my heart.

On Stranger Tides, I hope you understand why we can't take your word just yet, but I really hope what you say is true. It would be awesome!

I just got home from where I used to work and we talked about it some more. I was the first to confirm POTC on here. I signed a contract saying I wouldnt tell and I came straight here. Look back If you have to. I solumly swear LOTR will be out 2012. We were discussing it and believe there will be pics in dec or early 2012... We also talked about how kingdoms has or is being killed off just the same as pirates were for POTC. Im super excited, Ill show or tell what I know whenever I learn more. Seeing how Im in the states, I will speak first of anything for our statley bros haha. Like I said whenever I find something out...

Is it a LOTR line or just Hobbit?