wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Unfortunately I have seen no pictures or other details about those sets, just what I allready wrote here (which is not much).You can beleive it or not and time will tell what is true and what. Meanwhile, I have decided to remove myself from further debate here until there will be more (presentable) facts, like pics.

Edited by Cwetqo

Good point, with all the pieces that castle lines have introduced, especially the fantasy line, and of course the series three elf. Anyone could make their own LOTR theme without to much difficulty.

There's also good fodder in the Harry Potter and PotC sets as well. Also, the Collectible minifigures keep coming out with new stuff like the recent dwarf and the upcoming Highlander type guy. That long sword is sweet. :sweet:

There's seems to be some good stuff in the upcoming Ninjago sets as well. I like the upcoming Ninjago ship and imagine parts could be used to make a mercenary corsair ship similar to the third movie.

Unfortunately I have seen no pictures or other details about those sets, just what I allready wrote here (which is not much).You can beleive it or not and time will tell what is true and what. Meanwhile, I have decided to remove myself from further debate here until there will be more (presentable) facts, like pics.

It sounds like you're trying to give us hints, but not giving us any evidence at all. I really doubt what you say.

Well I have to say that I think that there is a great possability of Kids and big kids wanting to play with Lego Lord of the Rings toys. I mean what kid who is interested in lego and in medieval fantasy, which there are a lot of them, would not want Lego LOTR. Also, LOTR does still have a decent sized fan base and the books are a classic so I can certainly see a Lego LOTR theme selling pretty well.

If this does indeed come reality, I'll be dancing in the streets. Seriously, I'll have a hat to collect money because I will need another source of income to fund my army building addiction.

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen the new pics for the city sets, but there is a new bear mold, which would be perfect for Beorn from the Hobbit. Maybe this will come true...

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen the new pics for the city sets, but there is a new bear mold, which would be perfect for Beorn from the Hobbit. Maybe this will come true...

That bear is just about the only thing I want out of all the 2012 City sets. And I thought of Beorn as soon as I saw it!

In Collectable Minifigures serie 7, the Little Red Riding Hood character has a new short mantle. This piece, in another color, would be perfect for 4 little Hobbits. :classic:

In Collectable Minifigures serie 7, the Little Red Riding Hood character has a new short mantle. This piece, in another color, would be perfect for 4 little Hobbits. :classic:

Is it new? Are you sure it isn't the same one used for the Jawas in the Star Wars theme?

To me the hobbit game might not be a lego hobit game, still fingers crossed

Indeed, the same thought crossed my mind when I read that piece. But let's keep on dreaming. Who knows...

Is it new? Are you sure it isn't the same one used for the Jawas in the Star Wars theme?

Yeah, I think you are right. Forgot about the Jawas.

Well, seeing as LEGO Rock Band wasn't a tie-in with a theme it's possible that there won't be a Hobbit theme. But as far as I'm concerned, it's not remotely likely. I look forward to whatever sets and minifigures the new theme will offer. :classic:

To me the hobbit game might not be a lego hobit game, still fingers crossed

Yeah, the article doesn't say that the Hobbit game would have anything to do with Lego, it is just mentioned immediately after Lego Batman 2. Following the story to the source, a linked LA Times interview, it becomes even more apparent. Not all the games that the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is making are Lego-related and there will certainly be a few not-Lego-related computer games based on The Hobbit when the time comes. Not to say that there won't be a Lego game too, but this doesn't prove it.

They were very specific, it seems, to put "LEGO" in front of games based on LEGO themes, and they didn't use "LEGO" in front of "The Hobbit," so I'm not convinced.

Still, it's a good sign. I really hope LotR is a legitimate possibility. I love LotR (even more than Star Wars) and a LEGO rendition has so much potential.

as much as i luv LotR the movie trilogy i really don't see what a LEGO LotR theme will bring to the table, castles, trees/forests, wizards, dwarfs, elves, been all done before already

as much as i luv LotR the movie trilogy i really don't see what a LEGO LotR theme will bring to the table, castles, trees/forests, wizards, dwarfs, elves, been all done before already

Orcs, Oliphaunts, Smaug and his hoard, all of these things are new for LEGO. I personally think that LEGO LOTR would be exellent,considering that we would finally get our elf ears in flesh tone! :cry_happy:

What? Fire fighters and police are made every second year if not every year, and they still sell. And I must say the next years wave is pretty damn good! Also Everything was done in classic pirates, and I and many more find the POTC theme very welcome - new sails, new colors, new pieces and of course the minifigs ...

There would be new fleshy minifigs, newer and nicer torsos and in each set a new piece or two, which everyone would find usefull for mocing or expanding his castle theme in some way! I think that the LOTR is a big possibility and also support the idea!