wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Geez, just finished the Helms Deep set, took me about 3 hours to build. But it looks so amazing, i really like it. :classic:

Just picked mine up on clearance as well. I can't wait to get it built!

I just noticed this, but is Gandalf Arrives a discontinued set? It was removed last week from S@H, and I haven't seen it anywhere lately.

It's on the site, just out of stock.

Just picked mine up on clearance as well. I can't wait to get it built!

Hold up, clearance? Maybe I'm late to the party but where?

And how much?..

Edited by Str0ngbad

I think your mileage may vary on clearance. I saw some around here after Christmas and then a few stores around here (middle USA) were selling Helm's Deep at $99 as their normal price. Must have been hard to move at the official price. I saw Hobbit sets at clearance too around Christmas even though the wave just came out. So it really is random.

I thought I should post this here because it was a 2012 set. Is the Riddles for the Ring function supposed to go like the box art? Mine only pushes the right rock out a bit and that's all.

I thought I should post this here because it was a 2012 set. Is the Riddles for the Ring function supposed to go like the box art? Mine only pushes the right rock out a bit and that's all.

Unfortunately, that's as far the rock will be pushed out. The rest has to be done by hand.

Unfortunately, that's as far the rock will be pushed out. The rest has to be done by hand.

yeah my friend said the same about it, a bit of a down point in term in terms of playability

I was wondering for how long you think the sets of the first wave of LOTR will be available? I want to get Shelob and probably another Uruk Hai army.

I'll probably try to pick up another Orc Forge in the new few months, if there's a sale. I can only imagine how much the Bricklink prices for the printed armor will skyrocket once it's retired.

When do you guys think the Uruk-hai Army set will go on sale?

I picked up some for 30% off at one target after Christmas, but the other 5 targets I checked were not discounting it. I would recommend picking up any of the first sets now as I rarely see them any more. My Lego store hasn't had anything but Orc Forge (which they had like 20 of) but now they are out of those too.

Ya, I use to see them regularly discounted to around $25 at Toys R Us or Amazon but I haven't seen any such sale in at least a few months for the Uruk-hai Army set.

I recall seeing a few sets clearanced after Christmas, but I don't see too many LOTR sets in general around here. Orc Forge is still at my local Target, but I don't recall seeing the others, only Hobbit themed.

Sale or not, pick up the LOTR sets when you can. I may pick up a second something sometime.

Guys!

I'm building the Goblin town set right now for the first time.

But I am connecting EVERY piece of the set, like they should have done.

I have finished book 2 (ramp w/ wheel,ramp w/ catapult + throne) and everything is neatly connected with basic hinge bricks, which I happened to have tons of in dark gray. Only basic bricks are needed, nothing fancy. Once I'm done I'm taking pics. I had to do a few minor modifications to the first 2 parts so that it both articulations can swivel in a big enough arc.

The set will be awesome once I'm finished. The hinge bricks + technic bricks + technic pins improve the set tenfold, like the large baseplate improved the mines of moria set.

Now... to build the final parts of the set, bridge + crane. I might use technic bricks wih pins instead of hinge bricks. We'll see. But I WILL connect every part of the set together.

EDIT: The bridge part will be even better. Linked it with a hinge brick AND a technic brick/plate connection so it can be detached. Loved it so much that I redid the exact same with the catapult+ramp part :classic:

Edited by ZCerberus

*snip*

But I am connecting EVERY piece of the set, like they should have done.

*snip*

Good idea. I'm looking forward to the pics.

Edited by ZCerberus
Why are we quoting an entire post to say "I agree" again?

One of my Uruk-Hai's torso's is cracked at the base. :angry:

Perhaps I should send it back to lego's returns department, alongside my address and a bunch of other unrelated broken pieces.

Maybe I shouldn't have made him hold his halberd with two hands? That posture seems to stress the arm joint.

Could you post a picture of the aforementioned pose? I've had minifigures hold weapons with two hands before and haven't had any problems.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

Has anyone seen this yet?

I haven't seen it before. Very impressive! Not sure why there's a hobbit with a ring though... nor why they didn't use an official character for him. Only real improvement would be if the elves were fleshy official versions too.

Now we know where all the "Uruk-Hai Army" sets and CMF elves disappeared to!