wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Greetings (Happy New Year!)

I picked up Attack of the Wargs just in time for Christmas. Everything about the set was fine, except for the White Warg's hinge piece. The piece appears to be much shorter than the Grey Warg's jaw hinge. The Grey Warg's lower jaw extends all the way to the back, and the stud that attaches it is near the middle of the back part of the piece, whereas in the white jaw, the stud is at the very back of the piece, almost hanging off it. Seems to be a pretty clear case of a factory error. I was just wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem?

Also, I submitted a request for a missing/broken piece on the Lego website, but this piece (and a couple of others) were had a red 'Add to Cart' button, while every other piece had a green one. I also called up Lego customer service and the person that helped me said that piece was not in stock. Now, I've visited Bricklink, but no one seems to be selling just the jaw hinge piece, everyone is selling complete Wargs. Does anyone know of another place where I might be able to find this piece for sale?

Thanks (in advance) for any help that might be provided.

So I've managed to pick up the entire LotR line with various walmart/target clearances except the largest $130 Helm's Deep castle, should we expect that set to stay in production through the rest of the year? I know I'll be able to grab it at the lego store once they restock but what are the odds Target/WM re-stock that set?

I´m collecting Mordor orc since august. But still i need more :wub:

Jealies. I think I have 10, 8 from LOTR and 2 with the undies print.

From Adam Brown's twitter (he plays Ori)

Adam Brown ‏@BrownAds

All I want for Christmas is... #TheHobbit #Ori #Lego

tumblr_mf1woyWgcf1qd0hs5o1_500.jpg

Edited by deskp

Shop at home US is showing quite a few of the Hobbit/LoTR sets being out of stock till late Jan. So much for the lines not selling well.......

In regards to the above Adam Brown pic - I really hope Lego sent each of the dwarves a copy of their Lego minifigure, aside from just Ian McKellan (Gandalf), Martin Freeman (Bilbo), and Richard Armitage (Thorin).

In regards to the above Adam Brown pic - I really hope Lego sent each of the dwarves a copy of their Lego minifigure, aside from just Ian McKellan (Gandalf), Martin Freeman (Bilbo), and Richard Armitage (Thorin).

When they finished shooting this summer, they all got their minifigure, there are pictures of each dwarf in costume holding their minifigure. LINK

44902_456102874425323_289073214_n.jpg

The fact that Adam Brown bought the whole set is pretty cool. It really goes to show how much the cast appriciets and loves the fact that they are now LEGO, and shows that everyone has a place somewhere in their heart for these little plastic bricks.

The fact that Adam Brown bought the whole set is pretty cool. It really goes to show how much the cast appriciets and loves the fact that they are now LEGO, and shows that everyone has a place somewhere in their heart for these little plastic bricks.

It's another great reminder of just how universal Lego is. People in every country seem to know of and have some experience with Lego.

That's awesome. It's great they love the LEGO figures of themselves. Who knows how much they enjoy the regular action figures also. But it makes me smile them being all excited with their LEGO dopplegangers.

The reason why Yazneg is in the set and riding a white warg:

The original design for Azog was that we now know as Yazneg. When lego designed their set Azog still looked like Yazneg.

The Canadian Sears website posted a watermarked image of the Black gates set. Obviously a preliminary image but it looks ok if a bit small. And contains an eagle with clip on wings. The image is bound to be taken down soon as Lego read about it on the various websites and blogs reporting it but the image is out there.

The Canadian Sears website posted a watermarked image of the Black gates set. Obviously a preliminary image but it looks ok if a bit small. And contains an eagle with clip on wings. The image is bound to be taken down soon as Lego read about it on the various websites and blogs reporting it but the image is out there.

Yes, thanks, and the discussion is in the 2013 sets topic. (This one is for sets that were released last year. :wink: )

Has this been posted before?

I came on this thread just to post that :laugh:

It's interesting to see how this stuff is made, but I could barely hear her voice...

-Sci

Edited by ZCerberus
What are we quoting videos from the post DIRECTLY above it? In an attempt to make this thread unreadable?

Hi, could you please tell me if Bilbo Baggins figure from Comic Con is the same as the figure from An Unexpected Gathering?

Hi, could you please tell me if Bilbo Baggins figure from Comic Con is the same as the figure from An Unexpected Gathering?

It is the same. :wink:

Here's a video of Martin Freeman making a 'lego' joke. Not really as original but still fun to watch.

It's nice that he really adores his mini-lego version.

Edited by Cammo

I just noticed this, but is Gandalf Arrives a discontinued set? It was removed last week from S@H, and I haven't seen it anywhere lately.