wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I have finally tracked down an Uruk Hai Army set!

I'm glad you were finally able to find one. I know here the Uruk-Hai Army set has been the hardest to find of the LOTR/Hobbit sets. I myself only have two because I don't want to get too deep into army-building, but I may pick-up more down the line since Lego might be light for me at the start of the year. It might be one of the sets with the highest secondary market price once LOTR is discontinued.

It has been really hard to find and people on brickset or somewhere were stating they were finding it on clearance?? I never found any around here, but was hoping to.

I'd say Unexpected Gathering was probably the best seller (helped that it was right before the holidays and that it is awesome..). Oddly enough I have rarely seen Weathertop at any stores, so either that sold well (odd because of the high price) or they never ordered that many..

When I checked last around last week the only sets at Kmart were Weathertop and Riddles and Uruk-Hai army. Target had Weathertop, Mines of Moria and Gandalf Arrives while Walmart had Uruk-Hai army and Attack of the Wargs.

I picked up 4 of them back when TRU was giving away the minifigure packs in November. I was able to Bricklink the 2 minifigure packs for $20 a piece, and it knocked my Uruk-hai's down to $20 a piece! I then found 3 Uruk-hai's at one of my Targets on the 26th for $21 a piece, which I snatched up. I checked 6 more Targets that day, and none of the rest had it on sale (did pick up some Naboo Starfighters at HALF OFF though! :wub: )

I know this will be a nice after-market set, but I may want to hold onto them for figs- I'm leaning in that direction right now.

I finally opened up one of them yesterday to display the figs, and I can't believe how many great pieces are in that set! It's definitely the best set for the money, probably because there are no main characters in it.

K-Marts in my area have always been very hit or miss, usually tending towards miss. Target has been a little more consistent, but TRU has probably been the best, even though I only find LoTR/Hobbit about half of the time. Star Wars is far more consistent at TRU and Target.

Finally picked up an Uruk-Hai army set that I found on sale. I checked 5 stores, and only one had that set, and I managed to get the last. I'm really impressed with it - the pieces are lovely, especially the wall pieces (sand green and light bley!) and even the ballista was cool. Now I just wish I'd have been able to buy multiples...I had budgeted myself $80 that day, and the set was only $20, so I could've gotten 4. Alas, there was only 1 in stock, so I go the Vampyre Hearse for $25.

I really hope Lego does something like the Uruk-Hai Army for the Hobbit/the next wave of LoTR sets.

~Dwarf

Hey guys,do you know if the set "Barrel Escape" is anavailable in Europe?

Haven't spotted it in Belgium. Even the Shire-set is rare over here.

I don't know if you guys in Greece have Toys'r'us-shops but I think that's your only chance of getting them. You could always order online ofcourse or visit a LEGO-shop in Germany or somehting.

Haven't spotted it in Belgium. Even the Shire-set is rare over here.

I don't know if you guys in Greece have Toys'r'us-shops but I think that's your only chance of getting them. You could always order online ofcourse or visit a LEGO-shop in Germany or somehting.

Unfortunately we dont have toy-r-us shops here in Greece,well of course I can order the set via-online but the shipping is expencive,maybe the set will be anavailable on the future or else I wont be able to complete my dwarf company. Edited by LOTR343

I'd love to have ðe barrel escape set for ðe elves and ðeir naginata-looking-þingies... but ðe þing is ðat it is probably ðe most expensive set if you look at price per piece, and I'm not ðat interested in ðose particular parts :/

Is ðere anyone who has a good idea for a weapon replacement for ðe Mordor orcs?

I really dislike ðe strange swords ðey were given... In ðe books ðey have crooked swords :/

Is ðere anyone who has a good idea for a weapon replacement for ðe Mordor orcs?

I really dislike ðe strange swords ðey were given... In ðe books ðey have crooked swords :/

I think the scythe works better than what lego has given them.

For Mordor orcs, the Egyptian swords from the Mummy theme look good. For now, I'm just using the ones they were given, and I'm planning on buying a bunch of the Orc keychain and cutting the chain off, so then ill have a bunch more orcs. Then I'm just gonna give them all sorts of random weapons, since I feel like Mordor orcs (or orcs in general) are less uniformed than Uruk-hai.

I'm planning on buying a bunch of the Orc keychain and cutting the chain off, so then ill have a bunch more orcs.

Haha! I do that! I got like 10 Bossks when they were in the 1 dollar bucket at the lego store. Can't wait to do the same for orcs!

Haha! I do that! I got like 10 Bossks when they were in the 1 dollar bucket at the lego store. Can't wait to do the same for orcs!

Is it easy to take the key chain off?

Also:

I saw the hobbit again and noticed that the Orc who confronts the pale Orc with Yazneg on weathertop has the same bone neck armour as the lego Yazneg.

Is it easy to take the key chain off?

Well, first I cut of the main key chain that's above the head, then unscrew the head and cut off the screw that goes into the torso.

Are these key chains available for sale now? May have to take advantage of this opportunity. I only have 4 Uruk-hai and 2 Moria orcs. :/ My elves have no one to fight and they grow restless.

Unfortunately we dont have toy-r-us shops here in Greece,well of course I can order the set via-online but the shipping is expencive,maybe the set will be anavailable on the future or else I wont be able to complete my dwarf company.

79004 is available in Europe, I can get it for you but price is 50EUR (it´s ok price I think, but shipping costs 15eur...)

Are these key chains available for sale now? May have to take advantage of this opportunity. I only have 4 Uruk-hai and 2 Moria orcs. :/ My elves have no one to fight and they grow restless.

The keychains are usually at every LEGO store, hanging by the till. But they don't always have the ones you're looking for. Sometimes they have a bunch of one or two themes, and sometimes they have a big assortment.

Just FYI, the keychains cost $5 USD each, and removing the screws holding the chain in place will leave a big hole in the top of the Orcs hairpiece. So really, Bricklink, though the average cost for a Orc there is $4.50 USD, is the best place to go, since you won't have to (A) take the trouble of removing the screw, and (B) you won't have an unsightly hole in the minifig to deal with.

~Dwarf

I have to agree with dwarf-brik on this. There are better ways to go about army building, especially for a minifigure that's currently in production.

Also:

I saw the hobbit again and noticed that the Orc who confronts the pale Orc with Yazneg on weathertop has the same bone neck armour as the lego Yazneg.

That's Fimbul, who becomes the Warg pack leader after Yazneg is killed.

Just FYI, the keychains cost $5 USD each, and removing the screws holding the chain in place will leave a big hole in the top of the Orcs hairpiece. So really, Bricklink, though the average cost for a Orc there is $4.50 USD, is the best place to go, since you won't have to (A) take the trouble of removing the screw, and (B) you won't have an unsightly hole in the minifig to deal with.

~Dwarf

Mordor Orcs with hair are $6 USD and up on Bricklink, so the key chain is a better option.

Mordor Orcs with hair are $6 USD and up on Bricklink, so the key chain is a better option.

Not if you know where to look. Also, when you remove the chain you leave a large hole in the top of the hairpiece, and those cost $3 each on Briclink, and are in very short supply there. So, the keychains still remain a non-optimal way to collect Mordor Orcs.

~Dwarf

Not if you know where to look. Also, when you remove the chain you leave a large hole in the top of the hairpiece, and those cost $3 each on Briclink, and are in very short supply there. So, the keychains still remain a non-optimal way to collect Mordor Orcs.

~Dwarf

I´m collecting Mordor orc since august. But still i need more :wub:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pathas87/LOTR/p1020900.jpg