wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

DAMN that is one excellent polybag! For those who are saying it's too bad they didn't include an Elf hairpiece with it, just think about how that would have cut into their sales on sets like Mirkwood Spiders and Barrel Escape. Elf hairpieces are a big selling point in those sets. If they'd packed a hairpiece into this polybag, they would make the bigger (more profitable) sets much less desirable.

So, we don't get Elven hair, but we do get an Elf who can carry a quiver, which is one of the quintessential Elf characteristics. Plus, the hood can work for Rangers and other fantasy characters. The torso is a wonderful design for generic Elves, but also works for other character types. And we get a longbow, a beautiful goblet, and a couple of tree parts. This is a great gift to MOCers of LOTR and all fantasy works.

Went to purchase some and the listing is gone, what the &%*^!

Looks like TRU took it down.

Yep it's gone, but why would they take it down?

not sure why the took it down but I would imagine they were supposed to wait until the November 27 release date. Regardless, I got my order confirmation of the sets I bought. Tracking it via UPS right now!

When I went to do the price match on mine (the ones I bought in store), they said that the polybag would eventually be a promo. So most likely it will be a spend a certain $ amount and get the polybag free thing.

so does that mean that we will still recieve our online orders on these polybags or will I recieve an email with the generic We are sorry for the inconvenience; however.... blah blah. I will go into a rage if my order gets cancelled.... but other than that guess I cant do much about it

I got a

so does that mean that we will still recieve our online orders on these polybags or will I recieve an email with the generic We are sorry for the inconvenience; however.... blah blah. I will go into a rage if my order gets cancelled.... but other than that guess I cant do much about it

I got a shipping confirmation with a tracking number so I am thinking mine shipped. I should know for sure in a couple days.

DAMN that is one excellent polybag! For those who are saying it's too bad they didn't include an Elf hairpiece with it, just think about how that would have cut into their sales on sets like Mirkwood Spiders and Barrel Escape. Elf hairpieces are a big selling point in those sets. If they'd packed a hairpiece into this polybag, they would make the bigger (more profitable) sets much less desirable.

Eh, I would imagine the characters themselves are much more desirable than just the hair pieces in those sets, and would easily drive the sales alone. Both of those sets have their entire minifigure range made up of exclusive characters, other than Bilbo in the Barrel Escape and parts of the elf guard. I mean sure people who ONLY want the hair piece might buy the entire $30 or $40 set for it, but I find that hard to believe. They would be more likely to go to Bricklink or eBay if they are that die hard. With the Mirkwood Spider set having 2 exclusive dwarves, exclusive Tauriel, and Legolas in exclusive clothing, and the Barrel Escape having 2 more exclusive dwarves and the exclusive Elf Captain/Butler, it's hard not to buy them, even if they elven hair piece is in a cheap polybag.

I do agree this is an amazing polybag though, and dang near perfect. This is what the first LotR wave polybags SHOULD of been like. We get an elf that isn't the exact same as the one in the Barrel Escape set, and there is no other cheap way to get it and army build with. The Uruk-hai polybag was good, but we had just as good an alternative way to army build Uruk-hai with the Uruk-hai Army set. The Frodo polybag was hands down terrible since we had two other extremely cheap options for getting the exact same minifigure. I hope, if there is another polybag, we get something else unique that will be highly desirable and useful while not hurting the bigger sets sales. Personally I would love some goblins from the Goblin King Battle set.

Just purchased 3 from my local toys r US... they rang up as Lego hobbit promo.. they had like 100 polybags... I almost considered buying them all, then I remembered I was married and my wife would kill me. But its confirmed that they are selling

Edited by sgtbernalcl25

Getting nervous. My toys r us status is showing as "items in stock" but my Paypal status is still showing as pending. Hmmm

Same here, but that could be normal. I haven't ordered from TRU via PayPal often (if at all--and if so, never for something I was worried about). Kmart's website is notorious for listing items as 'in stock' but then canceling paid orders because "Oh, we don't actually have that". Not sure about TRU's history on such things. I hope it goes through!

Just purchased 3 from my local toys r US... they rang up as Lego hobbit promo.. they had like 100 polybags... I almost considered buying them all, then I remembered I was married and my wide would kill me. But its confirmed that they are selling

Calling your wife "wide" is also another good way to die ;P

My local TRU didn't have the polybags. :hmpf_bad: But they had 79000, 79001, and 79003. :wub: I got 79000, and must say it's a fantastic set. :thumbup:

Just purchased 3 from my local toys r US... they rang up as Lego hobbit promo.. they had like 100 polybags... I almost considered buying them all, then I remembered I was married and my wide would kill me. But its confirmed that they are selling

Where abouts are you located?

My local TRU didn't have the polybags. :hmpf_bad: But they had 79000, 79001, and 79003. :wub: I got 79000, and must say it's a fantastic set. :thumbup:

Again, where are you located? And also was there any mark up on the sets like TRU usually does?

Nice! I'm surprised they didn't have 79004. I've been waiting for that set to come to the stores, even though it's a special edition set.

Edited by just2good

Cool thanks! You mind telling the region of the country you're in?

I'm located in las Vegas Nevada

Where abouts are you located?

Again, where are you located? And also was there any mark up on the sets like TRU usually does?

I'm in the mid-west. :classic: And they just put them out today. I've checked every day for the past week. :grin:

Markup wasn't too bad, only about $12.99. Plus TRU (at least mine) has a low price guarantee now.

Edited by K-Nut

I'm in the mid-west. :classic: And they just put them out today. I've checked every day for the past week

You hear that? That's the sound of all of us running out to our local TRUs.

I've got a tracking number but it looks like my order hasn't actually been sent yet. There is no movement on tracking info. :(

You hear that? That's the sound of all of us running out to our local TRUs.

:laugh: The thing is, they didn't even have a spot for the Barrels, Wargs, or Goblins. :sceptic: I could understand if they were sold out, but that puzzles me.

When I went earlier to TRU, They had MANY elf polybags... but no The Hobbit sets... perhaps I will try the other TRU in town so i can get my hands on them... Why I cant stop collecting a LotR army is beyond me...

Has there been anything leaked regarding Gondor Minifigs? I currently have 36 Uruk hai, 8 Moria orcs, 2 mordor orcs and 4 rohan soldiers..... my rohan soldiers need help... and I cant put my yellow skinned kindoms army with them cause it doesnt look right lol

When I went earlier to TRU, They had MANY elf polybags... but no The Hobbit sets... perhaps I will try the other TRU in town so i can get my hands on them...

The TRU on Dodge St in Omaha had a good amount of poly bags but no other Hobbit sets :( I picked one up just in case the ones I have on order get cancelled.

My video review of the polybag is up! Sorry embed isn't working...

Nice review! I'm proud to say I'm your first subscriber! :classic:

Man, I gotta start checking for this polybag at my local Toys"R"Us stores! This is great!

Nice review! I'm proud to say I'm your first subscriber! :classic:

Man, I gotta start checking for this polybag at my local Toys"R"Us stores! This is great!

THANKS A TON!!! Yeah I can't wait to get the new sets like you... :hmpf_bad: My local K-Mart is closing and not stocking shelves with new product.

Edited by CBMM1