wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I wonder if Thorin's hair mould fits on Gandalf's head while hes got the beard, I think if it did and they made it light bluish grey, then gandalf would look a lot better. He looks kind of bald with just that wizards hat.

Escape from Mirkwood Spiders designer video: http://thehobbit.leg.../products/79001

Looks to be a good set; this is one that i have been looking forward to.

Thanks for the info! :classic:

I really want this set now! I like the glow-in-the-dark pieces, but the figures, mushrooms, and leaves are just too good. :grin:

I really think these are going to come out next week, seeing how the last video (which was leaked) is coming on November 12th. Hopefully it will show up on Toys"R"Us.com this weekend!

I really want this set now! I like the glow-in-the-dark pieces, but the figures, mushrooms, and leaves are just too good. :grin:

I really think these are going to come out next week, seeing how the last video (which was leaked) is coming on November 12th. Hopefully it will show up on Toys"R"Us.com this weekend!

No problem.

I have a TRU shop in my area so as soon as i hear of sets appearing on shelves i'm going to head over there to buy Bag End and maybe Mirkwood Spiders.

Normally i wouldn't spend my money at TRU given the distressing prices but i want to get the Thor polybag for spending $40 or more, or something like that. :grin:

I really want this set now! I like the glow-in-the-dark pieces, but the figures, mushrooms, and leaves are just too good.

I like your play on words just too good, LOL, I can't wait for some of these sets, they look so cool

No problem.

I have a TRU shop in my area so as soon as i hear of sets appearing on shelves i'm going to head over there to buy Bag End and maybe Mirkwood Spiders.

Normally i wouldn't spend my money at TRU given the distressing prices but i want to get the Thor polybag for spending $40 or more, or something like that. :grin:

TRU has started price matching their sets. The details were in the latest flyer I got in the mail but I am sure are on their website somewhere as well.

TRU has started price matching their sets. The details were in the latest flyer I got in the mail but I am sure are on their website somewhere as well.

I'm not sure if that will help at first considering TRU is usually the first to get new sets and has them out a week or two before any other store. They can't price match if there is nothing else to match! By the time other stores DO start getting the sets in, I would rather just buy them there since they don't jack their prices up in the first place like TRU.

Edited by Deathleech

I'd like to ask a question,

LOTR sets are 20% off at TRU and i wasn't sure whether or not that is a good enough deal. Is that the cheapest they are going to get or should i wait for a better deal to come along?

Interesting that the guy who did the Mirkwood Spider set also did the other outdoor set... Attack of the Wargs! Not only that, the Mirkwood Spiders was his first ever official set! Pretty good first set if you ask me.

I'd like to ask a question,

LOTR sets are 20% off at TRU and i wasn't sure whether or not that is a good enough deal. Is that the cheapest they are going to get or should i wait for a better deal to come along?

You can probably find better deals, especially with the line being out for awhile now. TRU also has slightly higher than normal prices on their sets, at least here in the U.S., so it's not really 20% off. It's more like a 16-18% discount. Amazon has constant varying prices on the Helm's Deep set, but it's almost always 25% off. I think the best TRU deals are the buy 2, get 1 free or buy one get one half off. Both deals are around 25% off (22-23% when you figure in marked up original prices).

You can probably find better deals, especially with the line being out for awhile now. TRU also has slightly higher than normal prices on their sets, at least here in the U.S., so it's not really 20% off. It's more like a 16-18% discount. Amazon has constant varying prices on the Helm's Deep set, but it's almost always 25% off. I think the best TRU deals are the buy 2, get 1 free or buy one get one half off. Both deals are around 25% off (22-23% when you figure in marked up original prices).

Thank you.

I too was wondering about the sale prices at TRU comparing with the standard prices of most other stores. Seeing as my local Zellers(which has been holding off for a while now) is closing very soon it seems, i may find a more worthwile discount there.

For some reason the Hobbit mini site is very bare bones on my laptop. On the homepage, I just see a empty space where the map should be, none of the designer videos show up, and I can't scroll along to view the character bios. Does anyone have the Mirkwood designer video posted on Youtube or something?

For some reason the Hobbit mini site is very bare bones on my laptop. On the homepage, I just see a empty space where the map should be, none of the designer videos show up, and I can't scroll along to view the character bios. Does anyone have the Mirkwood designer video posted on Youtube or something?

I looked and couldn't find it on YouTube yet. I found the official Lego channel, and all the other videos are on there, but no Mirkwood video yet. I will definitely be getting the set.

Edited by SirNagek

All I really want to know is if the designer video gives a clear view of the back of the Kili and Fili hair. But regardless of that, I will be buying every single one of these sets once they hit shelves. I'm actually glad this wave doesn't have army builders, because I'm not tempted to buy multiples of any of the sets, which helps save money.

Not a clear view, but you see some of the back of Fili's hair when he's putting Kili in the cocoon. It looks like there MIGHT be a braid there in the center, but that area's obscured by the cocoon--could be a braid, could just be a shadow on the hair making it look a bit different.

Something odd I noticed and need help with:

If you skip to 2:47, you'll see the prototype of Bag End. The green windows. I was wondering it someone could help me figure out how to make them? I can't make the round window without the back part being blocked by the back of the tire cover piece..

-Sci

I think they must be glued on. Seriously.

Looks like it. Remember it was only a prototype and they probably would have been replaced by something else if that version of the set had made it through.

Edited by Endeavour

Interesting that the guy who did the Mirkwood Spider set also did the other outdoor set... Attack of the Wargs! Not only that, the Mirkwood Spiders was his first ever official set! Pretty good first set if you ask me.

One of his first sets. He said the same thing in the other video.

The TRU exclusive is the Barrel Escape set.

Oh, thanks.

The LEGO Club Magazine appears to state there will be more than one: "Add to your Lord of the Rings collection with exclusive sets available at Toys "R" Us in December".

Does anyone know anything about this?