wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Did you click the link to the 25% off? If you just go to the Lego brand section you will see all the sets they have in stock.

For some reason the sets under each theme didn't appear (Even browsing in the "normal" section) They do now, thanks :classic:

Yesterday I finally picked up the Mines of Moria set to complete my LOTR LEGO collection! (In my opinion, it is the best and most accurate set in the first wave - plus the 3 key fellowship figures and the cave troll!)

Being a hardcore fan of Middle Earth and LEGO, I am really looking forward to the Hobbit sets and the LOTR LEGO game. I have a hunch that once the Hobbit movie is released, fans will be able to associate more with the sets. Right now, the Bag End set is the most popular, because it's a scene we are already familiar with ( - the dwarves). I am sure the Hobbit wave is just as accurate and revelant to the movie as the previous sets were to the trilogy.

Looking forward to the 2nd LOTR wave, (plenty of time to enjoy the Hobbit sets and movie) but I have complete trust in LEGO in what they've designed so far. Thanks LEGO, for an exciting first year of Middle Earth LEGOs - we fans will be ready and waiting to set off on another (expected) adventure next year!

Forgive me if this is old news, but today i had a look in my TRU flyer and found to my surprise that it states the limited edition Elrond figure comes free with the purchase of the LEGO Lord of The Rings game. I was under the impression that the figure was exclusive to pre-ordering the game?

EDIT: I live in Canada.

Was also surprised to see this yesterday too while my wife was flipping through the flyers. I just assumed that (like the Lex Luthor pre-order exclusive) Elrond would be available as an EB Games pre-order exclusive so I traded in my completed LEGO DC superheroes game to pre-order LEGO LOTR.

I checked the EB Games website after seeing that, and I see that there's still no mention of a preorder exclusive. I will probably just get the game from TRU then, and switch my EB Games preorder to another game if that's the case.

Very excited for the new LOTR sets!

It seems only a few weeks ago when I was sitting on the edge of my seat, eagerly anticipating images of the Hobbit sets and here I am all over again! :tongue:

Although I assume we won't see images until the New York Toy Fair!

And if the three rumoured sets will prove to be true I'll be a very happy man! :drool:

This theme has me extremely thrilled, am extremely happy with LEGO's decision to bring Tolkein (and Jackson's) vision to life... ehh... bricks! :wink:

Thanks for posting. Looks like Sting is absent from the picture. Or is Bombur holding it? But then, there'd be a knife missing compared with previously seen pictures. I was also hoping to find some gold or jewels in Bilbo's treasure chest.

I remember the Uruk-hai Polybags being available in the UK today, and I also remember somebody saying he could help people outside of the UK getting those,

but I don't remember who it was so I wondered if anyone else did - or is there anyone else doing that? I'm getting tired of us never getting any polybags and watching

them being sold for all but heavily overpriced values. Buy a polybag for 50 pennies, sell it for 4 pounds... what?

Thanks for posting. Looks like Sting is absent from the picture. Or is Bombur holding it? But then, there'd be a knife missing compared with previously seen pictures. I was also hoping to find some gold or jewels in Bilbo's treasure chest.

Those were all gotten after the Gathering took place so it makes sense none of them are in the set. As is this set looks to have a ton of accessories! Lego sure didn't skimp out on them.

Those were all gotten after the Gathering took place so it makes sense none of them are in the set.

The Book of Westmarch is included, however.

Out of a box pic of Unexpected Gathering showing accessories coming in set:

793px-79003.jpg

There's a whole lot of excellent accesories to add to your collection. All of this food is great. :wink:

I'm hoping that all of the maps are printed; Thror's map that came with The Hobbit game was printed, so I imagine the three in Bag End will be as well. :classic:

I really like the inkwell detail. Using the dark transparent colour (Transparent black is it?) really gives it a realistic glass stained with ink look. Its the small details like this that make me really excited to pick up these sets.

The Book of Westmarch is included, however.

Where is it stated that it's that book specifically? And even if it is, who is to say it has the story all written down already and isn't just a blank book waiting to be written in.. ?

Where is it stated that it's that book specifically? And even if it is, who is to say it has the story all written down already and isn't just a blank book waiting to be written in.. ?

We know from other pictures that the set comes with Sting on a shelf, and a treasure chest (albeit with a spade in it not treasure). This set, although depicting a particular scene at the beginning, encompasses varying events from Bag End, including Bilbo's return, much like many recent Harry Potter sets, which depict multiple scenes and events from different times, for better playability and accuracy. It is an important, central location, and such many things happen there. It makes sense for LEGO to try and cover all important features. :classic:

So, the conclusion isn't that this set doesn't come with Sting because it was "after the gathering took place", but rather that the picture simply doesn't show every item included, which is fine. They haven't counted the barrel with carrots, so maybe the 'Sting on shelf' and chest are simply considered furniture.

This set really has amazing accessories! There's something nice about all (or most of) the details in a LEGO set being laid out to see - I look forward to it! :grin:

Hi, I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times before, But is anyone aware of the UK prices for any of these sets (The only one I really want to know is the Mirk Wood Spiders- Whether they will be £20,£25 or £30?)

No price confirmation for US or UK yet... or for any set for anywhere yet! One member did pick up two sets from Greece, but it is hard to know how those prices will translate.

On the image: http://ow.ly/i/HJQX/original is the Balrog the wing'ed creature on a stack of paperwork on the desk to the right of Buzz and Woody (between 'guy with headphones' and 'balding huy', with the translucent blue ball behind it)? If it is then it looks good.

It's not Balrog to my eye, looks more like an armored dragon from Fanatsy Era Troll Warship without head. I think that Balrog is on the shelf between wooden drawers, left from Buzz and Woody.

^^ it's just probably another cool MOC from the Lego group

Edited by Kez