wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Darth Caedus: you got two Filis and no Kili in your list (I would guess the second Fili to be Kili from the description).

Kili is so overshadowed by his stylin' bro Fili that nobody wants to hear his name.

As for the price discussion, The wave will be about even for me, since I skipped Weathertop, Mines of Moria and Orc Forge and just ebayed most of the minifigures, while still getting 2 Helm's Walls.

The big question is whether to buy the six sets at a Lego store to get the VIP points, or skip that and buy online to avoid sales tax.

Just bought the Hobbit board game at the Sherway Gardens store in Toronto, and when I asked about the set poster, I was told that only one set will be released on December 1st in time for the film, while the rest will be out in the new year. Bag End will be released, the others we have to wait for. The store clerk I was talking to explicitly told me that any information found on blog or fan sites is wrong, and that the LEGO stores know the release dates. Sounds like we need to wait a little longer to get our hands on these amazing looking sets.

...and they use the same Warg orc legs in the Golbin King set and the same head for all three goblins. Really we are looking at 1 new head/cap for the goblins this time around, 1 new leg print, and 3 new torsos.

Well looking at the heads of the goblins in the high res picture it seems that the goblin on the right has a slightly different head print. Could be the back side of a double printed head though. It has a different cheek bone and only three instead of four teeth on the upper row. Thinking about that well I guess it would be strange if that were the back side of a head with the front showing four teeth in the upper row. :look:

Edited by KristofBD

As for the price discussion, The wave will be about even for me, since I skipped Weathertop, Mines of Moria and Orc Forge and just ebayed most of the minifigures, while still getting 2 Helm's Walls.

The big question is whether to buy the six sets at a Lego store to get the VIP points, or skip that and buy online to avoid sales tax.

What?! The minifigures were like the best part for the majority of those sets. How could you sell them??! *oh2*

As for where to buy the Hobbit sets, I would say online. Sales taxes are minimum 6%+ most places, and VIP points only give you 5% back basically, so you are saving a minimum of 1%. More realistically though it's 3 or 4% more savings from not having to pay sales taxes over ordering at the Lego store and getting VIP points. Of course if there are double points going on, or free shipping, or some sort of give away that could seriously change things... personally I plan to buy everything from B&N for 10% off, plus an additional 15-20% off hopefully with coupons like I did for the LotR sets. It just sucks waiting an extra month or so for them all to become available at B&N :cry_sad:

Just bought the Hobbit board game at the Sherway Gardens store in Toronto, and when I asked about the set poster, I was told that only one set will be released on December 1st in time for the film, while the rest will be out in the new year. Bag End will be released, the others we have to wait for. The store clerk I was talking to explicitly told me that any information found on blog or fan sites is wrong, and that the LEGO stores know the release dates. Sounds like we need to wait a little longer to get our hands on these amazing looking sets.

The poster was only available at TRU I believe, and it stated all the sets would be available December 1st (as have several other sources). More realistically though I am betting everything will be popping up mid-November. The LotR wave was suppose to hit early or mid June and was shipping early May from TRU and Target stores. That Sherway Garden store and the employee seem to be severely misinformed.

Well looking at the heads of the goblins in the high res picture it seems that the goblin on the right has a slightly different head print. Could be the back side of a double printed head though. It has a different cheek bone and only three instead of four teeth on the upper row. Thinking about that well I guess it would be strange if that were the back side of a head with the front showing four teeth in the upper row. :look:

I would bet money it's one head with double sided printing. The ear/bald cap seems to go far enough down in the back to cover whichever face is there. The Moria Orc was done the same way with a double sided printed face that looked extremely similar on both sides. I'm not really sure why Lego created double sided face printing that had two nearly identicle faces on it.

What?! The minifigures were like the best part for the majority of those sets. How could you sell them??!

Didn't he say that he bought them from eBay? You can't sell figs from sets you didn't buy, after all. :tongue:

*huh* I doubt that. The sources from blogs and web sites are much more reliable than a single LEGO employee.

Didn't he say that he bought them from eBay? You can't sell figs from sets you didn't buy, after all. :tongue:

Exactly. For instance, Balin's Door had no display value for me so I just nabbed Pippin and some goblins online (grabbing the cooler Hobbit Legolas from Mirkwood Spiders).

Well, technically he didn't say if he bought or sold the minifigures, and didn't say which figures specifically he eBayed.. but ya, obviously he would be buying them and not selling. I wasn't even thinking, durr :laugh:

Kili is so overshadowed by his stylin' bro Fili that nobody wants to hear his name.

Split the difference? Order online from Lego S@H. This way you get the online pricing, and the points. Plus when they released the LotR and MF they had some real good bundle deals. A good price and bonus points.

So did we ever find out what the "exclusive" LotR/Hobbit items given out were? Supposedly they were suppose to be given out at 4 today and yesterday, but I have not heard a single thing more about them.

Kili Photoshopped with hairpiece that I think works better, It gives it some of that fringe that seperates Kilis hair from Fili. Obvioulsy it shouldn't be black but that piece only exists in black and yellow at the moment.

25qdac4.pngtumblr_marznqur4e1qzgexlo6_250.jpg

Edited by deskp

I don't really mind about Kili's hair colour. As it happens the part in that colour is exactly the same as my Real Life hairstyle. Do we have any pictures of the back of it yet?

EDIT: Also, I happen to have the Bombur torso print pic on my computer. Anyone want it?

8085564641_fd36442e50_m.jpg

Edited by Flobnomdob

According to this page the exclusive of ToysrUs will be Riddles for the ring:

http://www.tgdaily.c...-york-comic-con

Considering that's true, that's really odd that Toys-R-Us would make such a small set as their exclusive.

Something I noticed about the Elf with the lighter brown hair was that he had the same face as Haldir, but I don't really mind.

I'm sure that page has got it wrong; Barrel Escape is most likely the exclusive set (to make the smallest and cheapest set exclusive would just be plain odd).

I'm sure that page has got it wrong; Barrel Escape is most likely the exclusive set (to make the smallest and cheapest set exclusive would just be plain odd).

I've read elsehwere that barrel escape is the exclusive aswell.

According to this page the exclusive of ToysrUs will be Riddles for the ring:

http://www.tgdaily.c...-york-comic-con

I guess TRU is tired of sitting on over-priced exclusives and might get more movement out of a smaller set. Granted the MSRP for Riddles should be $10-12 and TRU will mark it up to $16, it's still a very good set that will move well anywhere.

I find it funny that the article states there is one ring for the two to fight over. That person must not have seen the Shelob set with three rings... :laugh: