wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Didn't know we had seen the torso print? Any chance someone can point me to it.

There were pics of a few leaked figures, among them Bombur and Legolas with Tauriel's head, that we talked about in this very topic in the beginning of The Erased Time (I think). Lego asked for the pics to be removed, so while possible I suppose by the very nature of internet, it's not easy to find those pics anymore. I haven't seen them since.

Edited by Haltiamieli

There were pics of a few leaked figures, among them Bombur and Legolas with Tauriel's head, that we talked about in this very topic in the beginning of The Erased Time (I think). Lego asked for the pics to be removed, so while possible I suppose by the very nature of internet, it's not easy to find those pics anymore. I haven't seen them since.

There on my Youtube Channel! Links on my Sig

There on my Youtube Channel! Links on my Sig

Really? I haven't found one that shows the torso print of Bombur ie with the moulded belly part removed. There's this one:

that shows Legolas with Tauriel's head but not the Bombur torso print.

Really? I haven't found one that shows the torso print of Bombur ie with the moulded belly part removed. There's this one:

Yeah, that one (also here) is from the same set of pictures, but there were others. I'm sure some of us saved the pictures on our computers, though.

The official pic from the Lego Hobbit website shows a hint of the torso print, but I suppose you knew that already.

ts.20120926T135136.bombur.png

For what it's worth, Ori's cgi render had redish-brown hair, so does he displayed at comic con.

"An exclusive minifigure giveaway will take place Friday and Saturday at 4 p.m." any word on this yet?

Edited by deskp

For what it's worth, Ori's cgi render had redish-brown hair, so does he displayed at comic con.

"An exclusive minifigure giveaway will take place Friday and Saturday at 4 p.m." any word on this yet?

not that i've heard... well hope we get picture and there lots of them (more Promo figures = lower price on ebay)

not that i've heard... well hope we get picture and there lots of them (more Promo figures = lower price on ebay)

It's not nessecarily a new unique figure, could be more bilbos or some dwarf.

^That toy fair pic proves the quality of the Ori figure. It just has too many useful elements - a conservative, stylish purple fantasy robe, and a nice dark brown set of bowl-cut hair. Not to mention an ever-useful gray shortcape.

Overall my reaction to the dwarves is as follows, from best to worst:

Bofur: Bofur just knows how to roll. Giant hat and it ain't no thang. SWAG.

Nori: They said he looked goofy but they didn't know this dwarf. Three-point hair, three-braid beard. Believe.

Dwalin: Dwalin rocks the bald style in a way Yazneg fails to achieve. And his head has back printing, always a good thing.

Balin: Pure white hair in a stylish hair/beard deal that goes perfectly with the deep red.

Dori: I'm all over the reds, and Dori pulls off one of the best printed beards ever - depth without depth. Legit.

Ori: Gotta give respect to my man Ori. He sees the haters but head held high. Purple robes like it's his job, shameless happy smile and rockin' the bowlcut. One Love.

Bifur: The orange jacket isn't quite a fashion faux pas, but the axehead that's molded onto his hairpiece clearly demonstrates Bifur doesn't give a.

Fili: Props to this bro for the laid-back style, long hair plus stylin' beard, and he wears the fur better than most of his compatriots. Expression is a little derpy but can't hate.

Oin: There's a clash between that grey and white, Oin bro you gotta make up your mind. But the braided stache/ponytail combo is gutsy, and I can't take that away from you.

Bombur: Dude, you gotta stop dumpster diving for your swag. Looks like a vomit-colored baby jumper. But big man clearly knows where he at, so give him some space, yo.

Gloin: C'mon fella, someone shoulda told ya - Garfield is so twentieth century. That's not a beard, that's a tabby cat.

Kili: Man this ain't GQ. Either shave or let it grow out, the five o' clock shadow is not working with that tar-mop you have going. Straighten up son.

Thorin: First in the Company, last in line. You gotta chill out bro, take it easy for a change. Rock those furs with some swagger, and rein back the do.

Edited by Darth Caedus

^That toy fair pic proves the quality of the Ori figure. It just has too many useful elements - a conservative, stylish purple fantasy robe, and a nice dark brown set of bowl-cut hair. Not to mention an ever-useful gray shortcape.

Overall my reaction to the dwarves is as follows, from best to worst:

*snip*

Unique way of describing them, as much as I hate the word "swag".

Either way, wasn't the exclusive figure to be given away these days at the ToyFair?

Shouldn't we know a bit more about it by now? The black TMNT fig (promo) was revealed a while back already...

Darth Caedus: you got two Filis and no Kili in your list (I would guess the second Fili to be Kili from the description).

Escape in the Barrels will be $39.99 USD :hmpf_bad: To me it looked more like a $30 set to me but I will definitely still get it for those elven swords :wub:

http://www.eonline.c...imdb_topstories

Totally, worth it. It'll probably be the Target Exclusive. :sweet:

Like I mentioned before, it's $290 for the entire collection - unless you don't need Gollum. But having 2 facial expressions for him is too great to miss, he's awesome. :wub:

$290? Perfect, LotR hurt my wallet a good bit. But I have less in the other themes to buy this time.

Totally, worth it. It'll probably be the Target Exclusive. :sweet:

I read on one of the other news sites that it's a TRU exclusive this time around, so people earlier in this thread were right. It still strikes me as odd TRU didn't make a bigger deal about it on their poster... I will probably end up buying it at Lego's store so I don't end up paying 45-50 bucks for it due to TRU ridiculous mark up. Lame.

$290? Perfect, LotR hurt my wallet a good bit. But I have less in the other themes to buy this time.

My thoughts exactly. LotR was a killer at $373 for the entire wave. It also had the Uruk-Hai Army which I had to buy multiples of, and the Orc Forge which I ended up getting several of too. Not cheap at $30 and $40 bucks, even on sale. This time around the whole wave is almost 100 bucks less and there isn't a single army builder to speak of. I will probably end up buying some of the minifigures on eBay or BL which I doubt will be cheap, but even still this wave should be MUCH easier on the wallet. Both a good and a bad thing! Time to buy more Uruk-hai Army sets now...?

I agree with Maskedbuilder: given the two elves, the amount of weapons and bottles, glasses, barrels etc. I think the Barrel Escape is actually a very good deal. Hopefully the euro price is similar!

Thanks for the pictures by the way, Lynx. Looking at the high res picture of the goblin king set, I noticed that Gandalf's beard seems slightly different from the one I have from the Gandalf Arrives set. Specifically the 'whisker' seems higher (approximately just as high as the moustache while my Gandalf Arrives one is about two or three millimeter lower than the moustache). The new beard definitively fits better (the old one made Gandalf look bald).

Edited by KristofBD

Speaking of Gandalf, I wish instead of getting three (almost?) identical versions they would of gave us one with a hair mold instead of the hat.

Speaking of Gandalf, I wish instead of getting three (almost?) identical versions they would of gave us one with a hair mold instead of the hat.

Or given him the scarf he keeps wearing in hobbit images... despite his beard covering msot of his torso.

I still hope for leg printing on Gandalf, just to make it look robe-like.

Great to se hi-res pictures of the Goblin King set. By the way many of you are calling the event toy fair even though it is a comic con.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

I agree but at least LEGO is giving us 3 different goblin torsos in the Goblin King set. I was expecting them all to be the same like in LOTR....

Same here. The new hair they designed for Thorin/Fili/Kili would look perfect but it doesn't look like the piece is compatable with the beard.

I agree but at least LEGO is giving us 3 different goblin torsos in the Goblin King set. I was expecting them all to be the same like in LOTR....

Oh, I am not complaining at all... not when we are getting over half a dozen new hair/beard molds with the dwarves. It would just be nice in the future if we got a hair mold for Gandalf since he doesn't even wear his hat that much in the films and they obviously plan to reuse the minifigure quite a bit. Getting three different goblin torsos in the Goblin King set was definitely a pleasant surprise, but they did reuse the Mordor Orc head and torso in the Warg set, and they use the same Warg orc legs in the Golbin King set and the same head for all three goblins. Really we are looking at 1 new head/cap for the goblins this time around, 1 new leg print, and 3 new torsos. There first LotR wave had a lot more new molds when it came to the orcs/goblins. Again not that I am complaining though, I think it's a great way to mix and match parts and keep cost down while still offering a little new and a little old to make new minifigs.