wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

has anyone bought the Hobbit game yet? was interested if the tile pieces where printed or stickers. Also is the tile piece the new 2x2 inverted tile like in the Ninjago Samurai Mech?

has anyone bought the Hobbit game yet? was interested if the tile pieces where printed or stickers. Also is the tile piece the new 2x2 inverted tile like in the Ninjago Samurai Mech?

The tiles are printed AND the printed tiled ARE the inverted ones from the mech set. Kinda sucks honestly.

The tiles are printed AND the printed tiled ARE the inverted ones from the mech set. Kinda sucks honestly.

that does suck as those would have been useful. The one time I was hoping they were stickers!

To those who dislike Ori's hairpiece: Remember, that piece exists in different colours too (dk orange, light orange and reddish brown to be precise :wink: ) or you could simply use a gray hood for him. I mean, he does wear one on the first promotional pictures... (like this one: http://www.moviegod.de/images/galleries/images/00012/1149/1149_40126_l.jpg )

The only Dwarf I dislike is Ori.

Admittedly he's arguably farthest away from his movie counterpart, but I think his minifigure version still has some of that endearing quality that I like about his film character. Besides the torso looks rather useful for medieval minifigs. I for my part cannot get over my dislike of Kili even when it comes to minifigs: he has a strangely shaped stubble that looks awkward (even without considering that it's a stubble on a dwarf!), the same hair as Thorin in the exact same colour (admittedly a new hair piece so it's not really bad, but would've been nice to have in a different colour), and as far as we've seen he's the only dwarf that dares to have a fleshy triangle on his torso.

Edited by Haltiamieli

I am really liking the Mirkwood Spiders set. Even though it is a little more expensive than I expected, the great minifigures and special pieces really make up for it.

Also, I love Bifur's hair/beard piece. Amazing detail! :wub:

Any idea about which will be the NYCC Hobbit's minifig giveaway? It was announced on the press release.

Hopefully something very boring :laugh:

Could be both. Hobbit for sure at year end, could be a summer wave with LotR. We'll have to see.

Escape in the Barrels will be $39.99 USD :hmpf_bad: To me it looked more like a $30 set to me but I will definitely still get it for those elven swords :wub:

http://www.eonline.c...imdb_topstories

I saw that earlier. I figured $39.99 would be the lowest possible price point, and $59.99 being the max for the Barrel Escape. It probably has 3XX pieces and 5 minifigures... seems pretty good to me at $39.99. The only set that was a little more than I was expecting was the Mirkwood Spiders, which I thought would be $19.99 or $24.99 at the most. Then again it does have just under 300 pieces and is right around 12 cents per pieces with 4 minifigures which is average.

Edited by Deathleech

8076855548_b443a25b80.jpg

My rating from my favorite till least favorite:

(I am generaly happy with al except Kili)

1 Fili Is my favorite and lego did a good job at creating him, Should have come with dark gray swords instead of light.

2 Balin Great print, great beard piece.

3 Dori Nice new hair, fantastic printing, does not need a molded beard in my opinion.

4 Nori Overall very good, maybe brown hair would be better but doesent botter me anymore.

5 Bifur Great printed beard/hair/axe, the printed shadows on his torso makes him look a little feminine....

6 Bofur Nice hat, the braids are abit too large/unusual. his scarf print could have looked better.

7 Oin Overall good, could do with better printing on his beard.

8 Dwalin Cape is wrong color, the arm situation is a bit akward. could look better with a smaller beard that didnt cover his fur.

9 Thorin Don't like the printed braids on his torso, might look better with some gloves.

10 Bombur Overall a bit plain looking, His torso print is better than his fat-suit print.

11 Ori Should have redish brown hair, lower eyebrows and printed braids.

12 Gloin His mustache is fat and ugly, and his beard would look less boring with printed silver parts.

13 Kili Wrong hair, wrong pants, the chin line they gave him with his beard makes him look like a action hero cartoon. His inner shirt should be blue.

Edited by deskp

I'm not really surprised by some of these set prices, but there were a couple where they turned out more than I expected. I actually think the price for Barrel Escape is good, especially because it comes with five minifigures. :classic:

I try to avoid looking at pictures of sets that I am going to buy for sure, but I had to sneak a peak at these. And while there isn't a set the level (or price) of Helms Deep, they are some fantastic sets. However, I am not kidding myself here, the real reason I am buying these will be for the fantastic minifigures. The dwarfs are so :wub_drool: and random elves? So freaking awesome!

Nice to have Eurobricks back! Started to have withdraws.

These sets look amazing. I can't wait to start picking them up (I'm hoping they start showing up next month). I'm curious though, with all the great new molds for this theme, why would they recycle the daggers from PoP? Kind of disappointing, as I was hoping for a nice new elven sword mold (beside the one Elrond uses). Oh well.

Hey guys bad news the lego lord of the rings game got pushed back 2 weeks! :sad:

Mind you it never had an official release date :wink:

Hi Guys,

I was wondering on what page the first Hobbit set pictures are on, since I've looked and I can't find them. Can anyone help me?

Also, WOW. Just wow :drool:. I love those wargs! But...I feel like TLG could have done a lot better on the Mirkwood spiders :sceptic: . I mean, just look at Shelob!

Hi Guys,

I was wondering on what page the first Hobbit set pictures are on, since I've looked and I can't find them. Can anyone help me?

Also, WOW. Just wow :drool:. I love those wargs! But...I feel like TLG could have done a lot better on the Mirkwood spiders :sceptic: . I mean, just look at Shelob!

I liket he small spiders, you can't make shelob quality spdiers at this scale.

What do you mean by first hobbit set pictures? bag end?

___

Anyone else notice Legolas has new eyebrows? he's also got 1 new expression print.

Edited by deskp

I'm pleasantly surprised (again) at Barrel Escape too. :sweet: (USD-wise) That's $290 for the entire Hobbit wave, a good 80 or 90 less than Lord of the Rings, but with no real army builders. Fair, for what's being released.

"I liket he small spiders, you can't make shelob quality spdiers at this scale.

What do you mean by first hobbit set pictures? bag end?

___

" -@deskp

I mean those pictures of every set of the hobbit wave. I think that the pictures are kind of blurry? I might be wrong.

I think they were in a catalog or came with a set or something. I can't remember. Does this help?

Edited by Pumpkin Pie